• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Would you like a remake on resident evil 2?

ThrashHard

I'm an old-school fan so I would like to see a Resident Evil 2 remake with camera angles. Actually a feature to choose how you play the game (old-school or RE4 style) would actually be cool.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I am a big fan of the "old-skool" Resident Evil games. RE2 is my favorite game of all time, bar none. Sure I like RE4 and RE5, but I honestly miss the old games. The controls, the locations, the puzzles, the camera angles, but most of all I miss the seat of the pants, white knuckle, I **** myself when that licker leapt through the interrogation room mirror, HORROR.

For my money, the only RE2 Remake I will be satisfied with is one in the same vein as REmake on Gamecube. Hell I wish Capcom would port REmake over to the 360 even as an Arcade title.

Duo

Old style or bust. But I think Darkside covers everything I wanted to see in a remake anyway (updated graphics and music).

Re2 is the true masterpiece of the Resident Evil series. I'd prefer it be left as intact as possible.

ConvictedMP5

who wouldent want a remake of RE2? that would be awesome. i even had a dream lastnight that RE2 and 3 were remade where i saw a cammercial of them it showed leon and claire together with sherry with a wall cam in chief irons office. i frogot what the RE3 one looked like but RE2 looked great in my dream lol.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hoady;16865 said:
I don't think they will go Resident Evil 4 style on it, it would probably be much easier for them to do an exact remake with better graphics and they might add a few little extras as well.If they were going to change the style of gameplay itself the only thing i can think of is them changing the aiming like it was in Resident Evil 4 but either way i'm always happy to play more Resident Evil.
I agree with this.
And I would ask one more thing: Good voice actors.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Romero;62907 said:

I agree with this.
And I would ask one more thing: Good voice actors.

I think they did well with voices on DC. Paul Mercier will always be Leon in my ears, and Alyson Court is a great Claire (there's never been any other voice actress for her, from RE2 to Dengeration to DC). The Ashford twins, esp. Alexia, sounded great and Steve had a less annoying voice in DC.

KEEP THOSE VOICE ACTORS PLEASE.

The only original voice actors I love are Carlos' one in RE3 and the original Barry Burton.

Duo

Darkside was all the remake I needed. Had a blast playing through that this past week (the RE2 portion at least). They did an outstanding job and I no longer think they should bother with a "remake". Hell, the original still stands incredibly well as is.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;62934 said:
I think they did well with voices on DC. Paul Mercier will always be Leon in my ears, and Alyson Court is a great Claire (there's never been any other voice actress for her, from RE2 to Dengeration to DC). The Ashford twins, esp. Alexia, sounded great and Steve had a less annoying voice in DC.

KEEP THOSE VOICE ACTORS PLEASE.

The only original voice actors I love are Carlos' one in RE3 and the original Barry Burton.
I have no idea about the DC, but the voices on RE, RE2 and RE3 was very bad. In a weird way they was bad in a good way, but I want voice actors that understands the game. RE is not a cartoon.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Romero;63002 said:

I have no idea about the DC, but the voices on RE, RE2 and RE3 was very bad. In a weird way they was bad in a good way, but I want voice actors that understands the game. RE is not a cartoon.

They made them sound like a B movie though xD that was so awesome

but yeah, I only like Carlos and Barry's voices.

ConvictedMP5

Duo;62985 said:
Darkside was all the remake I needed. Had a blast playing through that this past week (the RE2 portion at least). They did an outstanding job and I no longer think they should bother with a "remake". Hell, the original still stands incredibly well as is.

agreed almost 80% of RE2 was in DC but with better graphics. but capcom did a horrible job with the RE3 senario in UC. carlos's new voice was awful, jill and carlos went to some unfimiliar places that they did not goto in RE3. for part 1 it should have been jill and carlos go from the werehouse to the cable car. part 2, the clock tower to the dead factory. and part 3, dead factory to the escape chopper. that would have made me extremely happy. no 3rd nemesis insted a bigger version of his 2nd form and no nicholai and mikhial either :mad:

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Godzilla90s;63054 said:
agreed almost 80% of RE2 was in DC but with better graphics. but capcom did a horrible job with the RE3 senario in UC. carlos's new voice was awful, jill and carlos went to some unfimiliar places that they did not goto in RE3. for part 1 it should have been jill and carlos go from the werehouse to the cable car. part 2, the clock tower to the dead factory. and part 3, dead factory to the escape chopper. that would have made me extremely happy. no 3rd nemesis insted a bigger version of his 2nd form and no nicholai and mikhial either :mad:

That was true. And all the Nemesis stuff was out of context.

RE2 scenario was probs better though since there were less scenarios on DC, so more time to work on them. UC had more scenarios so was spread a little thin.

Duo

They ruined RE3 so bad in Umbrella Chronicles. The rest of the game is great, but the main 3 Nemesis chapters are just terrible if you've played the original game.

RE2 in Darkside is phenomenal, and I wish they could reverse time and do that for UC in the RE3 chapters..

Jess

Since the original has been done remaking the rest of which I most want to have remake are RE2 and CV

Kilo84

An HD remake of Resi 2 with the old camera system would be excellent.

I'd like to see it with a Resi 4/5 camera as well, but Capcom can just go ahead and give us Resident Evil 6 like that instead. The two games to utilise this camera have so far lacked the horror element of the first three games (partially because of the camera but also for other reasons). Dead Space proves that you can make a horror game with an over-the-shoulder camera, but I think Capcom should try to design a new game which manages this rather than force Resident Evil 2 into that with presumably a real effort needed to redesign the Station and enemies to make it work.

iCanHazT-Virus?

bruno;61747 said:
One alternative, and this would be too action based, is to fight armies of tyrants instead of zombies.

mini-game/extra feature maybe....i also agree that RE2 with RE4 aiming would be awesome and you have to shoot them directly in the forehead to get an instant kill. but dont change anything! i hated the way in REmake they added new rooms and corridors as well as puzzles, leave the same puzzles and same layout. maybe some new guns and the ability to upgrade guns as well would be pretty cool aside from that dont even attempt to change it

Deathed

Imo, no more remakes ever again. let the games stand as the history that they are. to much curiousity kills the cat. :(

Top Bottom