• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why?

Levan

Polkka. lol
This occurs in every game, I believe. It's just that people receive more ideas as months pass, and scrap the earlier ones. It's a long process but usually, a great game comes out in the end. It's just a matter of opinion among the developers - if they see that some feature is fit, they'll gladly throw away things that are not, or is less greater.

I do admit though that the earlier versions looked pretty good. Though, I'm glad that RE4 didn't actually turn up that way, as the enemies are basically related to Silent Hill in all sorts of ways. Though, I wished they maintained the creepiness of that version.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Levan;64025 said:
Though, I wished they maintained the creepiness of that version.

That's what I mean. They didn't really keep it scary. For me, I wasn't that creeped out until I reached the castle stage and heard that low moaning for the first time -and later with the wheezing of the Regenerators.
That's what the whole game should've done.

As for RE5 I meant, the badass stuff. I really think it would've been better as a solo game -atmosphere-wise. Dodging blades and having them pulling busses over is kickass too. I mean, then you have nowhere to really hide. There's an intensity about the early version that just isn't in the current one. I get some ideas get scrapped and I'm glad RE4 came out th way it did, but they scrap the good ideas too which bugs me.

Sorry, no one was really posting on this one so I took the opportunity to vent.

Feng-Hi

I have to say the RE4 look is intruiging andf looks as if it could have been interesting. As for Chris on hiw own for RE5, although carrying another was annoying sometimes I feel it was more realistic with Sheva. Going around on your own with the volume of Uroboros in RE5 wouldn't have had any feel of realism to it whereas with support it adds that. For me anyway.

I suppose if they ran with every idea we'd never get anything new, in the end though we've got great products but if they collate the stuff they clearly worked on enough to present in trailer forms maybe they could roll out a cool RE6 sooner!

Just a thought!!!

faggot

Feng-Hi;64253 said:
I have to say the RE4 look is intruiging andf looks as if it could have been interesting. As for Chris on hiw own for RE5, although carrying another was annoying sometimes I feel it was more realistic with Sheva. Going around on your own with the volume of Uroboros in RE5 wouldn't have had any feel of realism to it whereas with support it adds that. For me anyway.

I suppose if they ran with every idea we'd never get anything new, in the end though we've got great products but if they collate the stuff they clearly worked on enough to present in trailer forms maybe they could roll out a cool RE6 sooner!

Just a thought!!!
the first trailer made me think they were adding the fast zombies from dawn of the dead 2004

im glad they didnt make chris on a solo mission in resident evil 5 though like you said its more realistic to have a partner with the volume of Uroboros

im glad they didnt make resident evil 4 like that though lol those lil dudes reminded me of diablo 2 though
ultimately they did better imo with their final visions for the games 4 and 5

JACKXS

yes the fight within and out side it will never simple for any of them then it just a shooter

Hoady

I loved the old Re4 version they could've made do with the atmosphere i think and it was cool how some of the rooms had set camera angles but kind of followed the character.The only problem was it was too psychotic like the dolls and the hook man were a bit too much considering RE's history, in the end it would've probably been much further gone from the series then RE4 now.I love Resident Evil 4 but they definately could've made do with the scares it looked creepy as hell.

As for Resident Evil 5 i'm annoyed that they removed the hallucinations.An idea was if you stayed in the sun too long you would hallucinate from dehydration or something, i think this could've been a really well incorporated idea to induce some scares maybe it might get old quick, just as long as it happened on an occasional basis.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
DegenerateElite;64249 said:
That's what I mean. They didn't really keep it scary. For me, I wasn't that creeped out until I reached the castle stage and heard that low moaning for the first time -and later with the wheezing of the Regenerators.
That's what the whole game should've done.

As for RE5 I meant, the badass stuff. I really think it would've been better as a solo game -atmosphere-wise. Dodging blades and having them pulling busses over is kickass too. I mean, then you have nowhere to really hide. There's an intensity about the early version that just isn't in the current one. I get some ideas get scrapped and I'm glad RE4 came out th way it did, but they scrap the good ideas too which bugs me.

Sorry, no one was really posting on this one so I took the opportunity to vent.

RE4 had plenty of scary moments at the beginning. The whole village thing was just cool and eerie.

RE5 would have been so much better as a solo experience. I love RE5, but having Sheva with me the entire game was horrible. Especially when she had no reason to be there(other than trying to put the racism claims at eese), like when you finally find Jill and get that apparatus off of her chest, it is a touching moment between those two, then you have Sheva off to the side, getting in the middle of it all. "You're Sheva right?", "I couldn't control my actions, but god I was still aware"...why ruin a perfect scene????

Top Bottom