• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which character is better?

Which one is better between these characters?

• Total voters

Dr. O-T

Master Blaster Dr. O
I say Chris all because he we've got to see him grow throughout the series and see new sides to his personality.

U.S.S. Zulu Platoon

HUNK by far, has to be the greatest character as he's survived some of the most harrowing missions, without assistance and often against insurmountable odds.

TJay

Premium
I voted for Leon but only because of his association with the wondrous Ada and the magnificent Claire... (I know Chris is her brother, but Leon is just well, better because of reasons).

Haseeb_B.S.A.A

Chris is a lottttttttt better than Leon in my opinion , just as you can see my signature. He is much powerful and skilled + his personality makes him best character in history. I love his quotes , you can see one of his quotes in my signature!

UmbrellaFella

Master of Unlocking
Leon is my personal favorite, then Chris, then Wesker. I believe Leon has proven himself in the resident evil series, even if he wasn't in the original game like the other two competitors. Although the fact that Leon was the main character of some of the best resident evil games in the series (RE2 and RE4) gives him an unfair advantage over his opponents.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Although the fact that Leon was the main character of some of the best resident evil games in the series (RE2 and RE4) gives him an unfair advantage over his opponents.

I guess it depends on how you define "best games" and "main character". I don't like RE4 at all and never finished it, which is, however, partly the fault of the horrible PC port that made it nearly unplayable for me. I agree that RE2 is one of the best games in the series, and I also liked Leon at that time, but his appearance seems kind of random, to be honest. Despite his name always being mentioned first (it's "Leon and Claire", never "Claire and Leon"), Claire has much more reason to be there and also contributes more to the overall plot by being the original protagonist's sister and saving Sherry, so in my eyes, she's the true main character of RE2.

I even started calling this phenomenon the "Leon syndrome". It's the same with RE6: His story was featured the most in trailers before the game's release, he was more or less presented as the main character and you can really see all the detail and effort that was put into his campaign in comparison to the others. But take a step back, look at the whole picture and you'll see that the overall story would have worked perfectly without his campaign, which contributes only very little to it.

But of course, that's not the character's fault, and doesn't say anything about his qualities or personality. I'm sure Leon could be more useful if the developers actually thought his stories through.

UmbrellaFella

Master of Unlocking
I guess it depends on how you define "best games" and "main character".

You are totally right, I should have realized that not everyone has the same opinion of their favorite Re game(s).
But of course, that's not the character's fault, and doesn't say anything about his qualities or personality. I'm sure Leon could be more useful if the developers actually thought his stories through.
I couldn't agree more. The people over at CapCom should think a little more about story line and a little less about Hollywood action.

Cannibal Jesse

Cannibal Jesse on Xbox Live RE5, RE6 &Revelations.
Chris Redfield, he's always progressing and taking the fight to Umbrella, Neo Umbrella, etc.

PlayNdie

even though RE4 and RE2 are my favorites... i think. id have to go with Chris here. hes more interesting has some flaws and even though a lot of people don't like it hes smart enough to pack heavy when **** goes down.

Wesker has the Sephiroth syndrome. in other words he has all the power in the world yet due to his arrogance he repediatley underestimates people much weaker than him and loses on a regular basis which is a sign of stupidity.

Top Bottom