• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which boss was easy/hard for you?

zombinater007

Hardest is probably Salazar. For some reason I had extreme difficulty beating him on my first playthrough
A good tip (From watching a youtuber play the boss fight) Is to take out one of the tenticles on the sides then just chill out by the side, You will not recieve a lot of damage and you can just chill and take easy shots at him.
To me the hardest was I think Verdugo (Salazar's right hand) I thought it was difficult since he was fast (until i foudn out about the canisters) and with the infinite rocket launcher, he was dead quickly :p

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
A good tip (From watching a youtuber play the boss fight) Is to take out one of the tenticles on the sides then just chill out by the side, You will not recieve a lot of damage and you can just chill and take easy shots at him.
To me the hardest was I think Verdugo (Salazar's right hand) I thought it was difficult since he was fast (until i foudn out about the canisters) and with the infinite rocket launcher, he was dead quickly :p

Ohh, I forgot about that one, he was the one that was locked in the room with you down in the sewers, while you waited for the light to turn green?

He freaked me the hell out. I turned into a ghetto black chick and did my "aww hell to the no" and other such squirmy catchphrases xD

MetalGamer2

Survivor

The Verdugo fight was intense! But for some reason I never thought he was really hard. If you have enough resources, then your bound to defeat him if you just stay in the sewers.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Verdugo was never hard for me cause I allways saved that free R. Launcher for him.

(You see what I did there? Classic RE.)

Greenapple968

For me I think the village chief was the hardest due to his speed and ability to just plunge at you.
I think I find Krouser the easiest because I tend to take him down within the matter of seconds by just using the knife. The knife works brilliantly against him if you time your slashing correctly.

Aleck

Biohazard
Hmm ... my first time playing the game, I thought alot of them were hard. I exhausted my resources/ammo by the end of most boss fights, just barely getting to the next locations. I loved it. I have a tendency to run (Leon) and scream(me) the first time I encounter a monster. :eek:

I'll list my top 5 from this game - Number 1 is the hardest.

1. IT - Probably the longest and most fearful boss fight in RE 4. Heart racing and uncontrollable screams on my end, I was relieved to see that IT fell into the black pit far and away from Leon. Ofcourse, only a moment later, the damned thing crawls up and proceeds to almost give me a heart attack throughout the ordeal.

2. Krauser - This guy hurt me terrible, terrible, terribly! I struggled a great deal with him - more during the final few minutes on the tower bridge. He killed me countless times before i managed to best him. I was stuck here for days. Very frustrating.

3. Salazar/Regenerator (tie) - Who would have thought the smallest boss would turn out to be a GIANT pain in the a**? I tried the strategy where I get in the corner and shoot the tentacle and the snake eye for him to reveal himself, but that only worked for a little while. He can still eat you from that spot in the corner. I had to keep running around. After a while he wasn't so scary, but i tie him to the Regenerator - although Regenerator wasn't a boss, the first one felt like a boss to me. I was paralyzed with fear before finally deciding to confront it/them. Sure enough, they killed me many times at first before I was finally able to overcome them.

4. Verdugo - I was terrified of this creature, especially when you're locked in with it and it starts running at you full speed. :eek: It took me a long while to defeat him. I didn't have enough pesetas/pesos for the R. Launcher at the time, so I had to be very resourceful and elusive here.

5. "The Big Cheese" - Bitores Mendez of the Village was truly frightening! This was a fight that was almost as frustrating as Krauser was for me. From the dodging at the start to the running around the barn, it was pretty challenging and a great way to start closing out the village part for Leon.

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
The hardest boss for me was Verdugo. That son of a b*tch was fast, elusive, and dangerous. Second hardest would be a tie between Saddler and Krauser.

The easiest would have to be Salazar. It didn't take me long to kill him and I only died 2 or 3(or 4) times over the numerous times I've played RE4.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
The hardest boss for me was Verdugo. That son of a b*tch was fast, elusive, and dangerous. Second hardest would be a tie between Saddler and Krauser.

The easiest would have to be Salazar. It didn't take me long to kill him and I only died 2 or 3(or 4) times over the numerous times I've played RE4.
Ha that's pretty funny, because I always found Krauser and Saddler to be easy, but I had the most insane difficulty with Salazar the first time I fought him XD

I guess we have opposite skill sets >.>

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Hmm ... my first time playing the game, I thought alot of them were hard. I exhausted my resources/ammo by the end of most boss fights, just barely getting to the next locations. I loved it. I have a tendency to run (Leon) and scream(me) the first time I encounter a monster. :oops:

I'll list my top 5 from this game - Number 1 is the hardest.

1. IT - Probably the longest and most fearful boss fight in RE 4. Heart racing and uncontrollable screams on my end, I was relieved to see that IT fell into the black pit far and away from Leon. Ofcourse, only a moment later, the damned thing crawls up and proceeds to almost give me a heart attack throughout the ordeal.

2. Krauser - This guy hurt me terrible, terrible, terribly! I struggled a great deal with him - more during the final few minutes on the tower bridge. He killed me countless times before i managed to best him. I was stuck here for days. Very frustrating.

3. Salazar/Regenerator (tie) - Who would have thought the smallest boss would turn out to be a GIANT pain in the a**? I tried the strategy where I get in the corner and shoot the tentacle and the snake eye for him to reveal himself, but that only worked for a little while. He can still eat you from that spot in the corner. I had to keep running around. After a while he wasn't so scary, but i tie him to the Regenerator - although Regenerator wasn't a boss, the first one felt like a boss to me. I was paralyzed with fear before finally deciding to confront it/them. Sure enough, they killed me many times at first before I was finally able to overcome them.

4. Verdugo - I was terrified of this creature, especially when you're locked in with it and it starts running at you full speed. :eek: It took me a long while to defeat him. I didn't have enough pesetas/pesos for the R. Launcher at the time, so I had to be very resourceful and elusive here.

5. "The Big Cheese" - Bitores Mendez of the Village was truly frightening! This was a fight that was almost as frustrating as Krauser was for me. From the dodging at the start to the running around the barn, it was pretty challenging and a great way to start closing out the village part for Leon.
IT was so hard, I had to restart the game my first run.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hey hey! :cool: Who said Verdugo is bad-ass? Probably I did, but today was not his day. He's the only boss I use RPG on - and I always used it on him - but I don't need RPG no more.

I find that a Broken Butterfly with its exclusive power upgrade (50) is working well, but that's not so suprising. More suprising was it to me that the Matilda (burst-fire 9mm) makes mince-meat of Mr. Verdugo in no time! He turned mince-meat so quicly that Leon almost didn't have time to get himself hurt (just a graze).

I have a tendency to run (Leon) and scream(me) the first time I encounter a monster. :oops:
LOLOL! Try to imagine the opposite: Leon screaming and you running. :lol:

"Cheeze Mendez" was perhaps the boss that scared me the most, it was the first time I saw a true hideous parasite. Later monsters are worse but at that time I had gotten used to it and somewhat knew what to expect. "It" gave me some chills though, he looks like a relative of Satan.
Mendez was never really difficult for me because I had heard about the hiding spot on the ledge.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
This was the first game I played in years when we got it for Wii at my house, and all of the bosses were terribly hard for me. And I was playing on a Wii! But I guess if I had to think about it, Mendez and Salazar gave me the most trouble. Also, totally agree with Romero. First time I saw Mendez's mutated form, I wanted to cry. That thing looked absolutely terrifying lolz.

Devinelogic

Del lago was probably the easiest as you don't have to use your own ammo. Or salazar if you save the rocket launcher. Salazars right hand man was a pain the hole. Same with the second part of the U3 fight. That took me forever of professional.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Del lago was probably the easiest as you don't have to use your own ammo. Or salazar if you save the rocket launcher.
But you still have to make Salazar reveal himself, before you can use a rocket? I played through the game with the Infinite Launcher some days ago, but I forgot to test this. I shot they eye first. It's surprisingly hard to hit the eye with a rocket, it didn't help to hit near the eye.

Devinelogic

But you still have to make Salazar reveal himself, before you can use a rocket? I played through the game with the Infinite Launcher some days ago, but I forgot to test this. I shot they eye first. It's surprisingly hard to hit the eye with a rocket, it didn't help to hit near the eye.

Nah, you have to use your shotgun or your magnum on the eye but if your good with your shot then you won't have to use very much of you own ammo. Then when he reveals himself. Rocket Time!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Dr. Salvador/Bella Sisters ~ Pretty simple, I just shoot them in the head.
Del Lago ~ Not difficult, I just don't like fighting it.
El Gigante ~ This guy wasn't even difficult on my first Handgun/Knife-only run.
Mendez ~ Man, this guy's annoying on harder difficulties. My first difficult encounter.
[Armoured] Garrados ~ Pretty simple. I can take these guys out with a Handgun.
Verdugo ~ I've never fought this guy with that Free Rocket Launcher in my inventory. Just freeze it and BOOM! Frozen meat shower.
Salazar ~ This guy can kick your ass if you don't know what you're doing. If you do, however, he's a piece of cake.
J.J. ~ Screw that Gattling gun. It's a war of attrition.
Regenerators/Iron Maidens ~ Hope you have good aim.
U-3 "It" ~ F u c k this guy in the dropping rigs. He gets easier once you're off the rig, but I hope you have incendiary grenades or a Magnum.
Krauser ~ F U C K, F U C K, F U C K, F U C K
Saddler ~ I hope you have hand grenades.

Ganado

Floundering in the savage doorway
Bearing in mind that my only playthrough so far was on 'easy', I found Salazar and his right hand man the toughest scraps. Salazar was nigh on impossible given my meagre ammo supplies, unti l I bought a rocket launcher out of frustration and many many failed attempts. His right hand man was tough for similar reasons, but eventually I just ran off / made it to the elevator in time and left him down there. Krauser was no problem really, Saddler was a piece of cake, and the early bosses were all dispatched at the first or second time of asking.

They were all memorable fights though, best bosses I've come across since SH Homecoming or the Wheelman in Downpour.

Top Bottom