• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which boss was easy/hard for you?

Cure Zombrex

Unless you use a rocket launcher to kill Salazar, he's one tough cookie. I cannot immediately recall the hardest boss, but I did think the part where you need to obtain the two key cards was very tricky. That may be classed I suppose as a sub-boss fight. It's when you encounter those two moustache men with the Blaine (from Predator) type gatling guns.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Unless you use a rocket launcher to kill Salazar, he's one tough cookie. I cannot immediately recall the hardest boss, but I did think the part where you need to obtain the two key cards was very tricky. That may be classed I suppose as a sub-boss fight. It's when you encounter those two moustache men with the Blaine (from Predator) type gatling guns.

I usually kill J.J. before I go after the key cards, but killing him means even more guys spawn in, which can be problematic in itself.
And I think Verdugo is the hardest boss fight, unless you use the rocket launcher, like you said.

Most bosses are trivial with a rocket.

Cure Zombrex

Ah, well. What can I say? It is fine for survivor horror forums, but many forums these days aren't even that active, but maybe this is because nearly everyone defected to Facebook.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Technically, I think El Lago and Verdugo are easily the easiest bosses in the game. It's not hard to die in a battle with El Lago, but you respawn right next to it and the battle is easily 5 minutes if you aim right. Verdugo is easy unless you get caught by its quick time attacks too often. Once you freeze it, the battle is over with. Just like the RE2 alligator.

As for hardest boss, Salazar takes the cake by far. If you manage to have the rocket launcher, it is slightly easier, but you still have to get the plant mouth to open up first. And if you don't have the rocket launcher, he is a complete and utter bullet sponge.

The actual hardest oart of the game though is protecting Ashley missions. Especially in the beginning of the castle when she is rotating two cranks while enemies spawn all around you. It's intense!

Mr.R

I actually find Salazar to be quite easy once you get your position right. It takes work and many weapons changes, but it can be a breeze when you get into the flow. Running to the sides and shooting the tentacles with something strong (like the BB), then the eye with something fast (TMP, handgun) and when the shield opens, hit him with your strongest weapon (I normally use the Bolt Action Rifle, since it already got the exclusive by that point). Just watch out because the tentacle will come back after a couple of minutes.
I if I gotta say that the hardest boss for me is Krauser, since his attacks are pretty strong, and even if you use the knife, it's still a little risky, so I go with that. (Also Saddler, if you don't use explosives and shoot him in the little eyes, can be a little of a pain the ass. But explosives breaks the fight)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In my most recent playthrough, Krauser was my hardest boss fight. He actually killed me once when I was not paying attention to my health! He also got me into an infinite loop of knocking me off the building and climbing back up so slowly and then knocking me right back off because I was in the worst possible position.

D

Deleted member 21244

Verdugo was probably the hardest in my opinion... The first time and many other times I simply waited for the elevator to arrive, the other boss were Ok

1995umk3

Salazar when he transforms. All krauser fights even the parts when you have to dodge his knife attacks. Everything was hard about RE4 to me the first time I played it. The beginning where you have to make the bell ring was the beginning of it all on how hard the game was going to be lol.

I guess the easiest part was putting the RE4 game disc on the console and firing it up.. (gamecube)

E-001

Even on professional, I find the game too easy. Krauser is hard until you find out the knife trick which destroys him in like 20 seconds. Then there is Verdugo, the only one I was genuinely stuck on in my most recent play-through. I used up all my ammo, all of the nitrogen tanks, and still he was alive. What I had to do was sell one of my guns (the mine-thrower) in order to buy a rocket-launcher from the merchant. That did the trick. :p

Top Bottom