• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

When playing RE games, what is the symbolism of good vs. Evil?

Metallatem

.I understand that for the most part, my charactor is good and that i am fighting evil. I go into every RE game with this mentality. It helps simplify the goal. What, if any, are your thoughts and expectations on good vs. Evil, and does this play a factor in your preparing and playing RE games?

Hoady

Lol i just like to kill zombies i don't usually prepare.Well put it this way i don't go into the game feeling like i'm a hero i just play it unless like theres a boss i really want to kill(salazar)that might rev me up a bit haha.

lol the truth is i didn't understand what you meant man although i haven't played many resident evil games.

Metallatem

@hoady. Dont get me wrong! I love killing zombies and monsters, especially krauser, but i just was curious if anyone feels a sence of goodness while fighting the RE umbrella corperation and its evil monsters its created!

ResiDude

I've never really thought about it...

I have probably gotten into the mind of the character before.. but only on rare occasions.

Hoady

[quote author=Metallatem link=topic=868.msg21088#msg21088 date=1233333758]
@hoady. Dont get me wrong! I love killing zombies and monsters, especially krauser, but i just was curious if anyone feels a sence of goodness while fighting the RE umbrella corperation and its evil monsters its created!
[/quote]

Ah i see where your coming from.No i don't feel that i just see myself as a total badass(as in leon doing like 20 flips per second).When i played Resident Evil 0 i was damn scared at the time i was just warped in the game i was thinking mainly on survivng the same way wesker alive said.

[quote author=ResiDude link=topic=868.msg21131#msg21131 date=1233354659]
I've never really thought about it...

I have probably gotten into the mind of the character before.. but only on rare occasions.
[/quote]
I hope drugs weren't causing this.:p

Metallatem

Other games i feel this way is splinter cell, silent hill and zelda games. I dont take the games to serious but i enjoy the dynamics of the charactors and their situations they are in. I dont use drugs but i drink once in a while and i can only play video games stone sober. Anyway, thanks for the posts. Whether we see ourselves as a hero or survivor or both, i am sure we can all agree that playing RE games is hella intence fun!

Hoady

[quote author=Metallatem link=topic=868.msg21172#msg21172 date=1233429464]
Other games i feel this way is splinter cell, silent hill and zelda games. I dont take the games to serious but i enjoy the dynamics of the charactors and their situations they are in. I dont use drugs but i drink once in a while and i can only play video games stone sober. Anyway, thanks for the posts. Whether we see ourselves as a hero or survivor or both, i am sure we can all agree that playing RE games is hella intence fun!
[/quote]

Lol the drug comment, just jokes.:p

I kinda know what you mean though if i'm playing an adventure game like zelda 64 or prince of persia you get that feeling like your the good guy kicking ass and making a difference in the world that was more as when i was younger though.Splinter Cell is awesome man we had all 3 on xbox, i played double agent on wii as well but it sucked.

Silent Hill 1 scared me ridiculous ways i was like 8 or 9 at the time i was playing with 2 other mates and it was funny taking the **** out of the game(the vag faced moles in the school)still it was intense.I've always wanted to play the second one, 4 was pretty good the apartment was cool but i only played up until like half of the forest.

Trinity

[quote author=wesker-alive link=topic=868.msg21090#msg21090 date=1233335202]
i just think of my character as a survivor.
[/quote]

You really are a true Wesker :)

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
re4011cc.jpg

This will always make me feel better.
Its a good thing that the "zombie" walked in front of me when I had the shotgun.

Good, yes.

I pretend im on the street an the zombies are people trying to rob me.
BOOOOM headshot. I shout at the TV like a "tough guy" YOU WANT SOME YOU F-ING NUTTA!! BOOM!

This makes me feel good... but i dont think its what your talking about lol...
Computers aye your imagination can make it so jokes sometimes..

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
I have a blast. I like screaming at the zombies, cussing them out, and laughing n' gettin' rowdy like it's the Super Bowl.
I've only thought about when I'm NOT playing the game and then I just think of this quote by William Shakepeare which is true of everything. (If you really think about it.) "There's no such thing as good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
No point in trying to figure it out. Even Chris said he wonders if everything is worth fighting for. Wesker also has a good point about natural selection... even though I don't wanna die.

Hoady

[quote author=DegenerateElite link=topic=868.msg21404#msg21404 date=1233541462]
I have a blast. I like screaming at the zombies, cussing them out, and laughing n' gettin' rowdy like it's the Super Bowl.
[/quote]

They put the superbowl on australian tv today...What!I was flipping out apparently its like hell important but it was just hell weird because we have AFL and not american stuff, it was okay i suppose but way over the top concerts and all.And jeez they wear half a freakin truck for armour over here its singlet and some short shorts.

Yeah dieings crap they should like banish it from life.

Top Bottom