• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

When do you think re will end

pizana

I know its hard to think about but its gotta end somewhere you know....were at re5 right now but when do you think it will end like what number...Personally i dont know but some fans are saying RE5 is looking like the end...So whats your opinion!

RE0
RE1
RE2
RE3
RE(CV)
RE4
RE(UC)
RE5

thats just the main series

A_Wesker123

The Original
I doubt RE5 will be the last one. One of the develepors would of said so if it was to get the hype up. I doubt that there will be many more games though. Not canon ones anyway.

Im just gonna enjoy it while it lasts :)

pizana

[quote author=A_Wesker123 link=topic=755.msg19382#msg19382 date=1230720796]
I doubt RE5 will be the last one. One of the develepors would of said so if it was to get the hype up. I doubt that there will be many more games though. Not canon ones anyway.

Im just gonna enjoy it while it lasts :)
[/quote]

yup i agree as well but in 5 it seems like alot is gonna happen....but i say RE 10

Clarky

Since Wesker is going to be in RE5, I'd watch what happens to him. If he doesn't die, the series will almost definitely continue, as Wesker is the main antagonist and by far the most interesting character.

ResidentZelda

I think it will probably end around 8, 9, or 10 I don't really know. It's like people are asking "When do you think the Zelda series will end?" Well I don't really know that either.

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

I think the orginals (Chris,Jill and Barry) will probably have there final outting in either 6 or 7 and were probably looking at number 8 for the seconders (Leon, Claire and Ada) I just hope they bring each to a nice close and end it on a good note for them all, and for the fans none of this ****ty killing off bollocks (its been done, its boring and mostly spawns angry former fans)

When the main series does finally end, all I can say....its been one hell of a boat ride and an enjoyable one at that ^^

Hoady

As long as there making good money it will keep going.I say they will keep RE going till about 8 then will probably want to retire from the series and then make a new zombie game in the way they want to stylize it without the restrictions resident evil could've had.

Well maybe.

Zombie Enclave

Hoady;38759 said:
.I say they will keep RE going till about 8 then will probably want to retire from the series and then make a new zombie game in the way they want to stylize it without the restrictions resident evil could've had.

Dead Rising, anyone?

Hoady

Ark;38765 said:
Dead Rising, anyone?

Haha, Dead Rising is pretty sick but.

Dead rising is just ment to be ridiculous though i claim like zombies being scary but without superpowers and ****.

Zombie Enclave

Well, yes. Maybe a new series which is about characters that never got mentioned in any of the other RE games after like 1 game? And with unexplored parts of the story like something about HUNK?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
not likely, its gonna stop hoepfully after the next one or 2 main games, like maybe a few inbetweeners, but 6 or 7 is gonna be the stopping point.

Godammlover

You don't know that.
They could introduce new characters. Plot lines etc.
Capcom will do anything to keep it going, I bet you. Anything small, they'll make big.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i'm not saying i know, thats my opinion, imagine if they keep it going to long, byebye resi evil franchise.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
If Wesker is really dead, I can't see the series holding out much longer. As someone mentioned on the previous thread, Wesker is the main antagonist and he really plays a key role in everything. No one can fill these shoes as effectively, so whatever happens next really is really... goodness, I don't know how to explain it. It's like having another Hannibal Lecter movie, only Hannibal Lecter is dead or something. Like, what's the point? Maybe? I'm having a hard time wording my point here, haha.

Hoady

Ark;38771 said:
Well, yes. Maybe a new series which is about characters that never got mentioned in any of the other RE games after like 1 game? And with unexplored parts of the story like something about HUNK?

I think that would be hell keen or playing as wesker that spans through all the games or something,maybe even just blatently being a normal person that helped with the virus making.Someone did mention playing through RE4s backstory like being Luis Sera,his father or the big cheese maybe you could play em all in the one game?

Haha i dunno i reckon it would be cool.
(RE5 spoilers)Le Femme Fatale i heard that was a clone of wesker but then again i'm not entirely sure if so this resident evil thing could go on for a long time....

Levan

Polkka. lol
MGS sure went out fast, but with a grand finale. But, RE could still keep going even up to 8 or 10, possibly. But that really depends if they're making a lot of money from the franchise.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hoady;38805 said:
(RE5 spoilers)Le Femme Fatale i heard that was a clone of wesker but then again i'm not entirely sure if so this resident evil thing could go on for a long time....
Yeah, I heard that as well, but I think those are just rumours, and I'm not usually inclined to believe it until there's actual proof. :)

It could go on for a long time, certainly. Capcom has it's Madonna of video games, so they're going to keep selling it for as long as we'll keep buying it. My concern, as I mentioned above, is that if Wesker's really gone, the series will become redundant. And fast.

Zombie Enclave

What about a new villain? Possibly more sinister than Wesker? ( If somehow possible ) Maybe the new villain will find different ways to do things and make a new dangerous virus. Maybe he/she would be weaker, or stronger. Maybe the new villain would have had something to do with Umbrella. Maybe he/she will be a character already in RE. Or a new character? What if he/she is just a scientist or a soldier? There is a lot of ideas for a new villain in RE, so the entire series doesn't need Wesker to make everything seem better. RE2 was good, and it did not have Wesker. So didn't Degeneration. So I don't know why Wesker needs to still be alive for the games to be good.

Top Bottom