• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I liked HZD for the most part but ended up giving up on it because it got pretty monotonous gameplay wise for me. I keep thinking I need to go replay it but I suppose the fact that I haven't yet kinda speaks to how I feel about the game.

Anyways, I've been playing a lot of Fall Guys since it was free on PS+. It's very fun, makes it easy to laugh at yourself and have a good time with friends. My husband initially downloaded it before I did and rage quit by the time I downloaded mine (didn't take long lol) but I had him redownload it and play with me and now we've been playing it a lot. I highly recommend it. The more friends you play with the better.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 still and loving it, but in between that I've been playing Fall Guys with friends.

Fall Guys is such an unexpected hit with me, it's addictive, funny and fun and no two games are the same. It's great.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
This past week, I have been full on in gaming. I have beat Madden 20 since it was on sale. And by beat it, I mean, get the trophies I want and made my team so good that the game was on easy mode by the end of it. Endless fun still.

Then I beat Megaman 11 (on casual). Normal mode was too hard for me. Maybe I am getting old, but those super hard platformers as just not for me. Once I switched to Casual, I found the game much more manageable and had a ton of fun playing it.

Now, I have started Injustice 2, but I am only about 10 minutes in!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
This past week, I have been full on in gaming. I have beat Madden 20 since it was on sale. And by beat it, I mean, get the trophies I want and made my team so good that the game was on easy mode by the end of it. Endless fun still.

Then I beat Megaman 11 (on casual). Normal mode was too hard for me. Maybe I am getting old, but those super hard platformers as just not for me. Once I switched to Casual, I found the game much more manageable and had a ton of fun playing it.

Now, I have started Injustice 2, but I am only about 10 minutes in!

You should get Fall Guys and compete with me :p

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Since Fall Guys has become such a phenomenon, I've been thinking about trying it out. My backlog is so big, but you know what, it doesn't hurt to try it out. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Since Fall Guys has become such a phenomenon, I've been thinking about trying it out. My backlog is so big, but you know what, it doesn't hurt to try it out. haha

One of the great things about Fall Guys is that there is no story or anything, just quick rounds of minigames which usually last 10-20 mins tops, so it's easy to just drop in for a few and not be too invested.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Trust me, you will not regret it. It's the game we all didn't know we needed. It's highly addictive and fun as hell. :lol: Plus, it's free on PS Plus right now, so you're not losing anything by trying it.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Got inspired and fancied some nostalgia so playing Fable from the beginning again

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Picked up Death Stranding a week ago for a bargain. At first I thought the game was extremely boring and I just couldn't get past its mediocre story, but now I'm really digging it. It's way too complex and detailed for its own good, but somehow... it just works. The game manages to make you feel like you're actually rebuilding the civilization, and the unique atmosphere and post-apocalyptic nature landscape certainly helps amassing that feeling. Yeah the game's still boring, slow and repetitive but at the same time it's extremely addictive. I never thought I'd enjoy doing basic fetch-quests and running around a like a fool building roads so much. It is a flawed game in some ways, but there's also quite no game like it.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Years later and Metal Gear Rising is still a banging good time.
Shame about Metal Gear as a franchise. I would love a PC port of the older games.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I just finished Persona 5 Royal which was probably my favorite gaming experience of the year (and maybe last 5 years). I absolutely loved every second of it. The gameplay. The story. The fashion. The music. The directing. The characters (especially the characters). The persona collecting. The dating sim mechanics. Every piece worked and made it feel like an unforgettable experience with characters I loved. I finished my Platinum trophy in just under 100 hours (99 hours 55 mins) and I wanted to play MORE! I wish I could start the game knowing how to finish the sim elements even better because I know I could've gotten EVERY relationship to level 10.

Once I finished that, I went right in to RE5. I haven't finished it since 2007/8 so I am glad to go back in with fresh eyes. I am loving it so far and despite no real surprises since I played it 12 years ago, some things are coming out better playing solo. I have never played Lost In Nightmares, so it'll be great to see a new RE experience for me!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Once I finished that, I went right in to RE5. I haven't finished it since 2007/8 so I am glad to go back in with fresh eyes.
That's insane. I can't believe you played Resident Evil 5 before anyone else.:LOL:

But yeah, it's incredible how well Resident Evil 5 has aged, even after games like Resident Evil 2 and 3. It still looks and plays great. As much as it's cool to sh*t on RE5, it's such a well made game and does still have its moments as a "horror" game. Very underrated.

D

Deleted member 21244

I just finished Persona 5 Royal which was probably my favorite gaming experience of the year (and maybe last 5 years). I absolutely loved every second of it. The gameplay. The story. The fashion. The music. The directing. The characters (especially the characters). The persona collecting. The dating sim mechanics. Every piece worked and made it feel like an unforgettable experience with characters I loved. I finished my Platinum trophy in just under 100 hours (99 hours 55 mins) and I wanted to play MORE! I wish I could start the game knowing how to finish the sim elements even better because I know I could've gotten EVERY relationship to level 10.

Once I finished that, I went right in to RE5. I haven't finished it since 2007/8 so I am glad to go back in with fresh eyes. I am loving it so far and despite no real surprises since I played it 12 years ago, some things are coming out better playing solo. I have never played Lost In Nightmares, so it'll be great to see a new RE experience for me!
Than persona 5 will be the first game i will play on my ps5 thanks to the ps plus collection, since your not the only one speaking well about it... Seems a great masterpiece

By the way i really loved the lost in nightmares dlc, I remember playing the hell out of it when it was released
Desperate escape was decent even if more action heavy, even more than the campaign itself... if you never played it i suggest you to try it, and playing as jill is always nice

Mr.R

That's insane. I can't believe you played Resident Evil 5 before anyone else.:LOL:

But yeah, it's incredible how well Resident Evil 5 has aged, even after games like Resident Evil 2 and 3. It still looks and plays great. As much as it's cool to sh*t on RE5, it's such a well made game and does still have its moments as a "horror" game. Very underrated.
RE5 isn't one of my favorites, but I suppose most of the grips I have with the game are quite personal, but one thing I have to say is that RE5 looks great. Even to this day. Graphically speaking, it aged very, very well. In hindsight, it made me realize how good of a work on part of Capcom to make a game look that great back in 2009.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I just finished Death Stranding again on the harder difficulty setting. I learned
You can use Sam's strand to do a sneak attack on Cliff. Unfortunately I didn't try this until the last boss fight but it was one of the coolest things I've seen lol. I was literally laughing in a wtf kind of way.

I love this game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I finished RE5 and beat both of the DLCs that came with it. It felt great to finally see the DLC after a decade of wondering what it was like! They were shorter than I anticipated, but it looked great and felt great to play. It didn't add a ton of lore to the story which is what I was hoping for, but hey, it was still a fun experience. RE5 is a little better than I remember as a whole. Like all of the Action oriented RE games, it gets slowly worse until the end and RE5 is really not that interesting once you get to the ship. The game is still really fun, but man, what a boring location! They don't add any unique locations other than more grey ship. And the final battle is STILL over the top ridiculous. But hey, still fun. And beautiful.

Since then, I moved on to South Park: The Fractured But Whole based on Rain's recommendation. And while I have been out of the South Park loop for probably a decade now, I have to say - it is still hilarious to play. They reference a lot of episodes that I still remember. But what is really great about the game is that it is a comprehensive game. Like, the battle system is FUN. Ridiculous, but damn FUN. Everything is overshadowed by the comedy and ridiculousness, but hey - the rest of the game feels like a solid game. I feel like I am 19 again, but I am having a ton of fun!

aradii

Playing Total War: Warhammer 2 as high elves, One of the greatest strategy games ever, this game is absolutely amazing so it has extremely addicting gameplay and It's unbelievably well balanced considered the number of different races.

Agent Spike

Not too long ago I beat RE Deadly Silence for the first time. Rebirth mode was a nice and unexpected change compared to the original. Now I'm playing the second part of the Pokemon DLC. I love exploring the new areas and catching returning Pokemon but it's lacking battles. There're no trainer NPCs

Top Bottom