• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium

Just been playing some Destiny, preparing for the new add on. It's out next Tuesday and I can't wait. Looks epic af.

I'm playin Joy Joy's Bizare Adventure Eyes of Heaven on PS4 currently. It's really damn neat and I am completley new to that animel/franchise. Super fun game tho! Even though I don't really have much clue on what is going on story wise.. x'D!!

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Well an MMO The Secret World:

14409390_1297357750304474_8630418328520652689_o.jpg

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
just recently picked up rogue galaxy, odin sphere, and disgaea 2 on PS2, so i'm looking forward to starting those. i'm still chipping away at dark souls 1, and putting a little time here and there into RE0HD, DiRT rally, and path of exile.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Since last I posted, I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Gears of War: Ultimate. I'm over 200 stars into Galaxy 2 and while the game is an improvement over the original in many ways, it takes a bit of a dive when you're doing nothing but collecting green power stars. Captain Toad was great. Wasn't the biggest fan of his sections in Super Mario 3D World but this game is so much grander than what what we saw in 3D World and I'd love to see a sequel in the future. I also went back to Gears of War: Ultimate for some unfinished business before Gears of War 4.

shingingknight

Resident Evil 4 and DOOM 3: BFG Edition. I've played through RE4 multiple times and play through it at least once a year. I never got a chance to play DOOM 3 when it came out and I completely forgot I had it on Steam until a week or so ago.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Playing

• Xenoblade Chronicles X- Working on OP as fudge builds.
  • Hyrule Warriors with the new DLC.
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Gonna get the Twilight Princess HD soon.
  • Mario and Luigi Partners in time. (The Dark Souls of Mario RPG's IMO)
  • Super Mario 64 DS
Screw the other companies. I only have fun with Nintendo games these days.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I just got the uncharted remastered collection and I'm enjoying it so far, what exactly is crushing mode? Like a hell difficulty or something?
It's the hardest difficultly needed for the platinum, but there is one difficulty higher called Brutal Mode that I think was added into the collection. But I'm not touching Brutal haha, I just want the platinum. Crushing isn't impossibly difficult, but it does have it's frustrating moments. :p

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well damn, I've never been much for collecting full trophies but I suppose there is no better time to try than now.. I'll play through the games the first times on normal and then hopefully be brave enough to attempt those difficulties, though I get angry easily haha. So I don't blame you one bit.
In the Uncharted Series it's more cheap than actually hard imo. So make sure to have some tea or something nearby. Otherwise you gonna have a bad day.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Thinking of getting back into Blade and Soul. I have a group of friends who play. I main a tank, they need a tank, learning to tank some more might be fun. I'm kind of in limbo until DS3 DLC, Xenoverse 2, and For Honor come out.

I always opted for the die easily/do tons of damage-type classes but I found tanking to be a lot more fun than I expected. You don't do much damage, but you get to stand in the face of something 3x your size and go toe-to-toe. If you can't make it to do a dungeon that day, people REALLY miss your presence.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration and maybe coffee.. because I have already played through most call of duty games on veteran difficulty and I've never played such rage inducing games other than those.. haha so I hope they are not like the cod games difficulty wise.
Hm. Fraid I can't compare. I've never played a CoD game on Veteran. So I'm not sure how cheap those are but. There are a few scenes in UC2 and I think like one in UC3 where the moment the cutscene is finished you're already getting lit up.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Currently getting very frustrated with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered's Crushing Mode.

What part are you finding difficult? I found them all to be easy for the most part. The thing that I find is great about the original 3 games is that all the enemies are placed in a fair manner for the player to be able to react, they just need to react quickly. Naughty Dog are truly master game designers. Unfortunately they weren't so great with enemy placements in Uncharted 4 which disappointed me.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
What part are you finding difficult? I found them all to be easy for the most part. The thing that I find is great about the original 3 games is that all the enemies are placed in a fair manner for the player to be able to react, they just need to react quickly. Naughty Dog are truly master game designers. Unfortunately they weren't so great with enemy placements in Uncharted 4 which disappointed me.
It's not the difficulty itself, it's more the bull crap moments where you walk down some stairs into an area and a guy appears around a pillar or a corner with a magnum or shotgun and instantly kills you. And no, it doesn't give you time to react sometimes. Only until it happens do you know that the enemy is there and you can find a certain way to roll down the stairs to avoid them and blind fire or something.

But either way, I got the platinum and I'm almost halfway through Crushing on Uncharted 2. That one seems a lot easier.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It's not the difficulty itself, it's more the bull crap moments where you walk down some stairs into an area and a guy appears around a pillar or a corner with a magnum or shotgun and instantly kills you. And no, it doesn't give you time to react sometimes. Only until it happens do you know that the enemy is there and you can find a certain way to roll down the stairs to avoid them and blind fire or something.

But either way, I got the platinum and I'm almost halfway through Crushing on Uncharted 2. That one seems a lot easier.

Was it in that big circular room where there's stairs on the side you enter and stairs on the other side that you need to leave? I would say that's one of the hardest parts in the game, it does give you enough time to react but you kind of need to either stay back, or go around the right side of the area. It's a little cheap because they can flank you from both sides or you can get picked off from the guy on the top. So that part is quite difficult.

Uncharted 2 is much easier thanks to the stealth system :) Very few hard parts, you just need to worry about the big chain gun wielding guys to be honest.

Grats on the plat btw :)

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hahaha. It's that very part, that's where I was when I was getting frustrated. There's a guy that comes with a Wes-44 from the right and enemies and the turret to your left, so you have to get behind that small bit of cover in front by rolling slightly left as fast as possible. :p

Thanks very much!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yeah I was getting a little ****ed off at that part as well. The game expects you to watch all flanking positions on both sides consistently and quickly. I found that once you clear the enemies before the next wave comes down you can run up the stairs and get on the chain gun. They pretty much can't hit you so as long as you gun them down quickly you shouldn't be taking much damage. So it's really getting past that first hurdle and it's just ridiculous!

Hoping Uncharted 2 is treating you better :)

Top Bottom