• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was your most misguided attempt to impress someone you were attracted to?

Meg

So bin ich eben
At a party there was a girl dancing alone.i don't know what i was doing i went up to her and did some stupid clown dance.Turned around and there is like 50 dudes sitting with "wtf faces" plus ruined any chance to talk to another girl.Slightly embarrassed and oblivious to reality i went back to the table with the others and made sure i would never speak of that again.. until now.
I actually would have joined in if I was her.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
With a guy: I acted like I was an awesome skateboarder when I was about 14 and busted my arse in front of him trying to show off... :rolleyes: I was SO stupid!

With a girl:
Pretending to not be a virgin so she'd think I was experienced and possibly become curious and/or interested in me. Yep, total failure! Now I wish I could take it back, because I want to be honest with her since she is a good friend of mine now. lol

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I'm the kind of person who doesn't hit it off with people of either sex, regardless of my intentions, but some of my biggest blunders have involved copious amounts of alcohol, clothing which I'm embarrassed to even think about how I used to wear it and vomit. Not necessarily separate things, either.

One such evening I was out clubbing with some friends (I must have been about 17) and, as was the fashion at the time, I was wearing a see-through black mesh top, black trousers, high heels and a black push-up bra (gotta remember these were the days BEFORE I had a million kids, so slightly thinner back then). There was a guy I adored in our group (he played me for months, actually, before going out with the biggest bitch ever) and I was dancing with him. My gosh, this is embarrassing just writing it and it was a good 13 years ago...anywho, there was a particular style of dancing at the time which involved getting as close to the other person as possible and winding down to the floor as low as you could manage, in time with the music. So there we are, doing that, only my mesh top gets caught on his shirt and slowly lifts up as we descend, exposing considerable parts of me to the rest of the club. Only I don't notice until we begin the reverse of the dance and reach a standing position - with my top looped around my neck, I've popped out of my bra and to top it all off, the guy is already turning away to dance with someone else. Still I didn't notice - I'd had quite a bit of alcohol by that point and just thought it was a bit breezy in the club.

THIRTY FIVE MINUTES LATER SOMEONE TELLS ME I'M FLASHING TO THE WORLD.

THIRTY.
FIVE.
MINUTES.

I ran to the toilet, puked up everything I'd ever eaten since the 80's and grabbed a taxi home in complete and utter shame. Needless to say, the guy and his new bitch girlfriend used it as an "amusing story" for the next few months. I died.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Without going into too much detail it involved a Zohan quote, removal of my boxers, and a Chewbacca growl.
The Zohan LIES!

Seriously though, I haven't really tried to impress any woman that I have been attracted to. Given the self-esteem and confidence issues I've had in the past I decided I would just be myself. If they ain't down with that then they ain't gettin' down with me. Actually the only time I impress any woman is with how quickly and easily I can turn any harmless, mundane phrase into sexual innuendo.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Well, I go hard or go home. Case and point, I ended up infatuated with a jerk who got a kick out of leading me on but was involved in a relationship the entire time. Worst/most interesting 2 months of my life.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I'm the kind of person who doesn't hit it off with people of either sex, regardless of my intentions, but some of my biggest blunders have involved copious amounts of alcohol, clothing which I'm embarrassed to even think about how I used to wear it and vomit. Not necessarily separate things, either.

One such evening I was out clubbing with some friends (I must have been about 17) and, as was the fashion at the time, I was wearing a see-through black mesh top, black trousers, high heels and a black push-up bra (gotta remember these were the days BEFORE I had a million kids, so slightly thinner back then). There was a guy I adored in our group (he played me for months, actually, before going out with the biggest bitch ever) and I was dancing with him. My gosh, this is embarrassing just writing it and it was a good 13 years ago...anywho, there was a particular style of dancing at the time which involved getting as close to the other person as possible and winding down to the floor as low as you could manage, in time with the music. So there we are, doing that, only my mesh top gets caught on his shirt and slowly lifts up as we descend, exposing considerable parts of me to the rest of the club. Only I don't notice until we begin the reverse of the dance and reach a standing position - with my top looped around my neck, I've popped out of my bra and to top it all off, the guy is already turning away to dance with someone else. Still I didn't notice - I'd had quite a bit of alcohol by that point and just thought it was a bit breezy in the club.

THIRTY FIVE MINUTES LATER SOMEONE TELLS ME I'M FLASHING TO THE WORLD.

THIRTY.
FIVE.
MINUTES.

I ran to the toilet, puked up everything I'd ever eaten since the 80's and grabbed a taxi home in complete and utter shame. Needless to say, the guy and his new bitch girlfriend used it as an "amusing story" for the next few months. I died.
Thats some twirlin' you got goin' there. :D

No offence intended my friend. :p

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
My Post is going to be a rant about my lack of self esteem and confidence, so i apoligise in advance :p

Ive always had bad luck with girls, they either say they are not intested or they just dont want to know. Everytime i gain feelings for a girl, something inside me just stops me from following up on it. I could kill for a gf right now, but they just dont want to know me. Im one of those Hermit types of people who just dont really like to interact with many people.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Wouldn't worry - Steve is exactly the same. In fact, his dad always said to him, "you'll never meet anyone sitting at that computer all the time". And so there he is, sitting at his computer, when he meets me, also sitting at a computer and ten months later we were married.

I've found if you concentrate on looking for someone, you won't succeed (or worse, you will and she'll be a clingy, needy freak with MAJOR issues in every possible area of life). That great and famous philosopher, Winnie The Pooh, says that in order to find something, you have to look for something else instead so that the thing you originally wanted to find gets annoyed and does everything it can to be found by you.

Can't argue with The Pooh, man, can't argue with The Pooh...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Wouldn't worry - Steve is exactly the same. In fact, his dad always said to him, "you'll never meet anyone sitting at that computer all the time". And so there he is, sitting at his computer, when he meets me, also sitting at a computer and ten months later we were married.
I've found if you concentrate on looking for someone, you won't succeed (or worse, you will and she'll be a clingy, needy freak with MAJOR issues in every possible area of life). That great and famous philosopher, Winnie The Pooh, says that in order to find something, you have to look for something else instead so that the thing you originally wanted to find gets annoyed and does everything it can to be found by you.

Whenever I try this approach it doesn't work out that way. Maybe in the future. Girls just used to give me a look.. where I could tell.. that they really wanted me to... shove off. :D

Hoady

Buying those cartoons actually turn in favor lol.I know what you mean..i think if you search for someone, it can usually stem from a sense of insecurity.If you are not happy with yourself alone, you ain't gonna be happy with someone else.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I suppose i have always had a vision of my perfect girl, it never comes to fruition though.
Then there's half your problem right there - you've already got it set in your mind what kind of girl you want, presumably with specifics, as you're talking about a vision of your perfect girl. Whilst it's not a bad thing to have certain standards and principles in place, you'll find that other people rarely match up and those who have managed to stay together for any length of time have, in fact, rubbed the worst of the corners off each other over a period. Sometimes it can take years.

There is no such thing as a "perfect person" but there is "perfect for you", if you are willing to accept that they may have some rough edges, some undesirable traits and habits, they might not be jaw-droppingly stunning and they may just have an opinion from time to time which clashes horribly with your own. If Steve and I knew EXACTLY what each other would be like now back when we first met, we'd probably have shaken hands and gone our separate ways after our first meeting ;)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
^ That's probably my problem. I look at someone, think something along the lines of 'oh noes, you're not David Bowie' and call it the end of our relationship. :p

Mr Sunshine

My Post is going to be a rant about my lack of self esteem and confidence, so i apoligise in advance :p

Ive always had bad luck with girls, they either say they are not intested or they just dont want to know. Everytime i gain feelings for a girl, something inside me just stops me from following up on it. I could kill for a gf right now, but they just dont want to know me. Im one of those Hermit types of people who just dont really like to interact with many people.

hate-84ada.gif

Do they really don't want to know you? Or is it just your low self-esteem that gives them a negative impression about you?

You ain't going anywhere without confidence. (Even if you're the hottest, smartest ,cutest man in the world)

Top Bottom