• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was wrong

ProjectNemesis

I was reading through another forum, and they said that Resident evil 4 saved the series, in my opinion there was and still isn't anything wrong with the series. I found the whole series fantastic. So I was wondering if anyone know's why they would have said this.

P.S. This was found in a foru I had randomly found about remaking or releasing a new Dino Crisis for the ps3 and xbox 360.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
hmmm, i don't see how it saved the series, it was never in danger of being "forgotten" or outdated, theres thousand of fans who would keep the series alive, and whatever direction they went with 4 it would have just carried the series on, not save it..

mastermind

well what it was which if you ask me is stupid and probably a lie but people were getting bored with the idea of zombies. stupid i know

Die Zombie Die!

I think maybe modern gamers wouldn't be able to appreciate the fixed camera angle on the older games in the series so by switching to over the shoulder it interested a whole new generation of gamers. Just a thought :)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm going to be honest and say that I was one of those people who did almost give up on the series, but it wasn't because I thought it was a weak series or anything; I thought that they could still do a lot with it and were doing a lot with it. I didn't own a Game Cube (and for a period of time didn't want to spend the money on one) so I couldn't enjoy any of the newer games coming out for the series (like the remake and Zero). Also those lame ass movies weren't helping.

I think for a period of time the only new RE game that they had for the PS2 was Outbreak, and that was just an OK game; nothing I couldn't live without. So that's basically why the RE series was kind of dieing out for me and, no doubt, other fans as well.

But yeah I would have to say that both RE 4 and the remake got me back into the series when I finally got the chance to play them a few years ago.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
The remake has such good graphics.... That was my first resi game then I got zero an didnt even finnish it. When I got Resi4 my friend was backseat gaming, it was pretty awesome, I dont think Resi4 saved resi evil though, but it did entice more people to play.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
It definitely 're-invented' the series, that much is obvious. But it did 'save' the series from a marketing perspective. Not only did it sell really well, but it was able to widen the target audience dramatically. Capcom already had the older fans of RE sucked in, while at the same time appealing to audiences who did not play or did not like RE games. I know alot of people kind of look down on it now- but from a marketing perspective, it had an enormous impact on the lifespan of Resident Evil.

alonecrow

for me, i don't see why they said RE4 saved the series..
maybe people get bored with zombie, but nowadays lot of fans want to have them back, so i don't see this as the reason..
the change in gameplay could be the real reason.. but still i don't really mind playing with the old gameplay..
*just a thought..

Top Bottom