• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Had a date night and we went to see Tenet this weekend. Pretty hard movie to follow along with but there was some great action scenes as well as great actors.

Also watched Die Hard since he’s never seen the first movie before- and he technically still hasn’t seen it... :LOL:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
And honestly, my last complaint, is that the show is given an MA rating. Mature Audiences. IDK what the rating system is like over in other countries, but in the states, MA rated animated shows can get away with a LOT. I’m talking easily R rated if we were using film ratings. And this show…does nothing with it. The blood is minimal and barely ever shown. The swearing is almost non existent. The nudity is always censored. This is stuff you can get away with in PG-13. Seriously. What’s the reason for the rating? I’m not saying an anime needs all the blood, nudity, swearing, etc. But if you’re going to be rated MA, you may as well go all out. This anime is the equivalent of saying Star Wars deserves an “R” rating. An +18 rating. They literally have the same levels of violence, sexualization, and swearing in them, so it’s not a bad comparison.

I agree the inconsistency of ratings on shows is a bit ridiculous. THAT gets an MA yet shows like The Following can show THIS and still get a TV-14 rating. And it's not an isolated incident, either. Hannibal, the SyFy Van Helsing series and Gotham are gory as sh!t, yet they're TV-14 as well, at least on Network TV (though they're given a TV-MA rating on Netflix). Hell, in Van Helsing, a chick literally shoots herself in the mouth to avoid getting eaten by a vampire, literally all on camera, in one episode, yet they though that was suitable for teenagers. And the remaining episodes have gory R-rated vampire/human blood squibs.

I just watched the trailer for Freaky starring Vince Vaughn. Gotta admit, I'm diggin it. XD

I love me a GOOD slasher film, this one looks like it has some Happy Death Day vibes to it while actually showing the kills, so color me interested.

Oh and the Netflix film 'Cuties' is getting a lot of backlash for promoting pedophilia. Millions of people have cancelled their Netflix accounts over it and Change.org petitions to have the film removed are gaining a lot of traction.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
^ Not only that but it's now being investigated by the US government on ground of cp distribution. That ought to hurt their numbers too lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah...That Cuties controversy is wack...in the fact that it's even a controversy at all lol. How are the even some folks ok with that flick??

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yeah...That Cuties controversy is wack...in the fact that it's even a controversy at all lol. How are the even some folks ok with that flick??

I know, and I keep hearing that tired "it's a statement AGAINST the sexualization of kids" defense. Nevermind that it supposedly speaks out against pedophilia by showing 11-year-olds crotch-grabbing, ass-grabbing, floor-humping, twerking and all kinds of sexualized dances in f*cking sports bras while it frequently zooms in on their ass and genitals. In other words, saying pedophilia is bad... by indulging in it. A man even gawks at the girls like he's turned on by it at one point, yeah, this movie totally speaks down on the sexual predation of kids, lol. How is anyone okay with this?

Anyways, I just rewatched my Blade DVD for the first time in ages, it's a fun throwback to 90's comic book films when they started to rebound following the abomination that was Batman & Robin. The opening action scene still holds up great to this day and I loved the dynamic between Blade and Whistler in this one. I feel they had better chemistry in the first movie than in Blade II, which I also loved. And I especially love Wesley Snipes' "motherf*cker's trying to ice skate uphill" line at the end, always a zinger.

Oh and it actually did a black superhero justice, unlike the godawful Spawn movie that came out a year earlier. Who would've thought an adaptation of the hottest-selling comic at the time would be complete sh!t and a no-name property like Blade would actually be good and usher in the CBM heyday we see today? Ironically, New Line did both films.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know, and I keep hearing that tired "it's a statement AGAINST the sexualization of kids" defense. Nevermind that it supposedly speaks out against pedophilia by showing 11-year-olds crotch-grabbing, ass-grabbing, floor-humping, twerking and all kinds of sexualized dances in f*cking sports bras while it frequently zooms in on their ass and genitals. In other words, saying pedophilia is bad... by indulging in it. A man even gawks at the girls like he's turned on by it at one point, yeah, this movie totally speaks down on the sexual predation of kids, lol. How is anyone okay with this?

Anyways, I just rewatched my Blade DVD for the first time in ages, it's a fun throwback to 90's comic book films when they started to rebound following the abomination that was Batman & Robin. The opening action scene still holds up great to this day and I loved the dynamic between Blade and Whistler in this one. I feel they had better chemistry in the first movie than in Blade II, which I also loved. And I especially love Wesley Snipes' "motherf*cker's trying to ice skate uphill" line at the end, always a zinger.

Oh and it actually did a black superhero justice, unlike the godawful Spawn movie that came out a year earlier. Who would've thought an adaptation of the hottest-selling comic at the time would be complete sh!t and a no-name property like Blade would actually be good and usher in the CBM heyday we see today? Ironically, New Line did both films.
...Hey...I...kinda like the Spawn film XD

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Devil all the Time - 10/10
Boy do I love a good period piece. Especially a dark, f*cked up one taking the place over three time lines with lots of murder and religious abuse. This film is a slow burn. And that's my favorite type of burn. Practical effects, well written dialogue, an all star cast, and originality. These are all reasons I to watch this film. Speaking of the cast, if anyone wondered if Tom Holland could do more than just the quirky, nervous kid, if they'd seen him in is Spider-Man, then point to this as proof. You know an actor is top notch when you don't think of their other roles throughout the whole film, and I didn't think of Peter Parker once when watching this. Hell...I didn't think of Tom Holland. I kept referring to him as Avrin (the characters name). He hits this roles mark. Robert Pattinson, Sebastian Stan, and Bill Skarsgard are also perfect. Just absolute show stoppers. However, arguably my favorite part of this film, is the time period. From the trailers I thought it was like, a 1920's or 30's era film. No. It's the 50's and 60's. But out in the boonies. IDK about you, but when I think 60's I think like, California cities and the Beatles. But...This takes place in the boonies of America. Where they're still living like it's the 30's in a lot of ways. Honestly, there's a lot I love about this movie, and could keep going, but I don't wanna get into spoiler territory so I'll shut up.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
...Hey...I...kinda like the Spawn film XD

Good for you, like they say, different strokes for different folks, but just know that the vast majority of fans didn't like it, myself included. It was way too campy and cringy for my taste with dull pacing and HORRID CGI, even for its time. The original Diablo on PS1 had better graphics than the CGI effects used to render Hell and Malebolgia in the film, and yes, it's Malebolgia, not Satan in the comics even though they're the same person.

Here's hoping Todd McFarlane will get his hard R reboot off the ground so we could maybe one day, hopefully? get a true adaptation that nails the character like Deadpool, Logan and Joker (watch the animated series to see how Spawn should be done), but I'm not exactly holding my breath, he's been saying he's been working on it for well over a decade at this point and still has nothing to show for it after all this time, even when it picked up steam following Deadpool's mega success in 2017. I'm also feeling kinda iffy about a first time writer AND director for it, and yes, he is technically a first-time writer, he's written comics, which is a whole different medium from screenplays. It probably also explains the numerous production delays, and this was true before the pandemic, so I'm not ready to blame it on Covid. Personally, I'd say he should just let someone else direct it and agree to co-write and produce it so he still has creative input while letting someone more experienced behind the camera shoot it, or shoot it together. This is where I'm most concerned with his planned reboot: he can have all the right ideas for a Spawn movie, but if he can't direct his actors (BTW, Jamie Foxx is a great choice for Spawn/Al Simmons, hopefully he sticks around), then it's essentially meaningless, see: Simon Kinberg with his directorial debut on X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Granted, that movie had a whole host of issues, but having a rookie director onboard surely didn't help. Then again, it worked for Tim Miller on Deadpool, so maybe I'm overreacting?

I also just watched Prisoners again on DVD, such a great movie from top to bottom. Hugh Jackman acts his ass off with a well-paced, written AND directed film from start to finish. Never a dull moment, everybody shines. I especially loved the three way dynamic between Hugh's character (Keller Dover), Jake Gyllenhall and Paul Dano. Even when it has to follow multiple characters in the same arc, it never loses steam, if only it were that simple with Spider-Man 3, lol.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I very much look forward to a Spawn film over which Todd has full creative control. I honestly don't think he was crazy about the first one either.

Anyways, I've been watching a lot of Tofu Chan on YouTube lately. I can never watch a video and not be smiling by the end of it. I especially like the songs, they are great, haha.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I watched The Crow again for the first time in years on Blu-Ray. Really sad, powerful movie. The haunting score and atmosphere is top notch with some solid action and performances from Brandon Lee, who sadly died during filming (R.I.P.), and that ending, man. It gets me emotional every time.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nothing at this moment, but the new Sherlock Holmes based anime, Moriarty the Patriot, had it's first episode drop last night, so I know what I'm watching tonight when my errands are done!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Nothing at this moment, but the new Sherlock Holmes based anime, Moriarty the Patriot, had it's first episode drop last night, so I know what I'm watching tonight when my errands are done!
I totally read that as Moriarty the Parrot...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I had a collection of my horror Blu-Rays to Halloween marathon tonight, but unfortunately, procrastination means I'll probably only get through 3 of them before I inevitably pass out:

womtvAXl.jpg

I just finished A Nightmare on Elm Street, horror classic, currently watching The Descent, also a great horror movie, though you need to see the unrated version to get the TRUE ending, which I won't spoil, but chances are you've already seen it. I thought about including The Exorcist (one of, if not THE all-time greatest horror movie) in this collection, but it's too long and I've wasted too much time putzing around online.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Half-heartedly watching the US election stuff on the news...and dipping in and out of The Dresden Files

Top Bottom