• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It's kind of odd that even after "What are you listening to?", "What are you playing?" and "What are you thinking?" threads, and there's still no thread dedicated to what we're watching.

So what's everyone watching? Be it movies, TV or just online videos.

I watched Seven for the first time in years the other day, after I bought a DVD to replace my VHS tape. And all I can say is: FUUUUCK. (Probably my favourite David Fincher movie.)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Se7en is great. The last movie I watched was Ride Along 2. Which was alright, could have been much better. Been watching Season 2 of Agent Carter. It's really good, and I did not like the first season very much. Season 2 fixed every thing that was wrong with season 1. I got to say it's pretty great!

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I'm actually fixing to watch the backs of my eyelids lol. But aside from that, I was watching Hogan's Heroes earlier..

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Just finished watching Darkman 2 and 3

A lot of people say that they are not good ad the the first one. But I enjoyed them and like them.

Now I am watching Guyver dark hero.

KevinStriker

I'm actually fixing to watch the backs of my eyelids lol. But aside from that, I was watching Hogan's Heroes earlier..

I've only ever seen one episode, probably the most famous one, where Carter impersonates Hitler in order to fool Klink and distract him from enemy spies.

Just finished watching Darkman 2 and 3

A lot of people say that they are not good ad the the first one. But I enjoyed them and like them.

I keep forgetting Darkman has sequels. He also has a TV pilot that I saw on YouTube where they rewrote his backstory.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
House of Cards!!! And I'm rewatching Game of Thrones too just to record the episodes and edit out the nasties for my dad... I'm doing my best to make it as family friendly as possible lol. But yeah, House of Cards is A+.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Most recent films I've watched:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
The Hateful Eight
The Martian
The Revenant
Ride Along 2
The Last Witch Hunter

The last 2 kinda sucked. But I'm looking forward to Deadpool, Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad.

Started watching the new series of The X-Files. Pretty good show. I used to watch that when I was younger. Oh and iZombie ain't too bad either.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I've been a bit down in the dumps lately, so my friend sent me these to cheer me up and it's the funniest thing I think I've seen ever. I love this guy.

Man, there's something ridiculously attractive about a guy who'll stand up for a woman - even if he is in a dragon costume.

KevinStriker

House of Cards!!! And I'm rewatching Game of Thrones too just to record the episodes and edit out the nasties for my dad... I'm doing my best to make it as family friendly as possible lol. But yeah, House of Cards is A+.

But the incest and the rape is half the fun about GOT! :D

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've been a bit down in the dumps lately, so my friend sent me these to cheer me up and it's the funniest thing I think I've seen ever. I love this guy.

Man, there's something ridiculously attractive about a guy who'll stand up for a woman - even if he is in a dragon costume.

Haha yea Piff the magic dragon is a legend.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I recently just finished rewatching Daredevil on Netflix in preparation for season 2 this March. Before that I watched Jessica Jones and from week to week I keep up with Gotham, The Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, and Legends of Tomorrow.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
But the incest and the rape is half the fun about GOT! :D
You know, I wasn't going to say anything... but I can't in good conscious ignore this post.

Listen, I know that you were trying to say that GoT is fun because it's scandalous. And that's very true - I think the pull of GoT is precisely because they're willing to take risks and do things that other networks won't/can't do. The incest is one thing - it's a major plot point and it propels a great deal of the drama. But the few times the show has depicted rape have all been gratuitous, and one of the two most shocking rapes was consensual in the book (and the other didn't happen at all because those characters never met). As someone who has been forced into sex, I can assure you the experience of it was far from 'fun'.

Anyway, I am watching the MSNBC Democratic Debate. I missed it last night. And man, Bernie got creamed in the first half-hour. I know he doesn't want to, but he really needs to start coming back strong against her when she lies. Her arguments have pretty much been 'I'm a woman so I can't possibly NOT be progressive' or 'I'm not the only one taking money so are you saying everyone else isn't progressive' and she keeps implying that Bernie is going to repeal Obamacare when it's not true. I don't think he's clear enough when he's trying to stand up for himself and correct her. It worries me. Her rhetoric is very strong so he needs to just bring it.

KevinStriker

You know, I wasn't going to say anything... but I can't in good conscious ignore this post.

Listen, I know that you were trying to say that GoT is fun because it's scandalous. And that's very true - I think the pull of GoT is precisely because they're willing to take risks and do things that other networks won't/can't do. The incest is one thing - it's a major plot point and it propels a great deal of the drama. But the few times the show has depicted rape have all been gratuitous, and one of the two most shocking rapes was consensual in the book (and the other didn't happen at all because those characters never met). As someone who has been forced into sex, I can assure you the experience of it was far from 'fun'.

I apologize if you were offended, I only meant it as joke.
With a subject as delicate as that, it's obvious that not everyone is going find it humourous. I probably should have obeyed my better judgement and not even mentioned rape.
So again, I'm sorry. To you and anyone. I trust you'll forgive me for this off-colour remark.

Last edited:

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
@La Femme Fatale honestly I've heard a couple things of how the tv show diverges unpleasantly from the books but I'm about to find that out myself I'm halfway through the books (and with halfway I mean half through book one...). But yeah let's not make such jokes as they are distasteful in general, to say the least.

EITHER WAY I've watched a couple asoiaf fan theory videos now and... *lies down for a bit*

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I watched "This Means War" with my family tonight. I know a lot of people dislike the movie but I've always thought it was cute. The feels at the ending is great. It sucks that Tom Hardy had a really unpleasant experience filming the movie, because he's as great as always in it.
It's definitely good fun to see Tom Hardy and Chris Pine go at it LOL

KevinStriker

Watched First Blood.
After years of these crazy, action-packed Rambo movies from Sly Stallone, it's rather odd and refreshing to watch a Rambo movie firmly grounded in realism.

And as a bonus, I loooove pointing out the filming locations in Hope, B.C.

KevinStriker

Man, after seeing all the movies on TV all the time, I forgot how great the original Rocky (1976) actually is.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Watching Rocky V. it was a great movie. but i think they should've changed the title to Rocky musical balboa.

Top Bottom