• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just finished watching Detroit Metal City, and it was...bizarre. It was passable, and poked a lot of fun at heavy metal stereotypes, but it basically boiled down to a Family Guy/Bob's Burgers/Rick and Morty style comedy where continuity doesn't matter, a lot of times vulgarity is confused with humor, and the character development is only really there to set up jokes, as opposed to tell an interesting story. It wasn't BAD. But I probably won't ever rewatch it. I'd say it's a 6/10.
2847._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

1995umk3

2012 (2009)

A movie about the world ending... people believed the world was going to end in 2012 so the makers made the movie.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Just completed watching A Fistful of Dollars and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with just one more down to go before I've seen the entire trilogy.

The third film is definitely a masterpiece that will live on forever, much thanks to its amazing soundtrack. However it also has masterful storytelling and incredible characters, with many twists and turns that feel earned.
The first one is good, although not as good as the third. It works as an introduction to Eastwood's character, and although the final duel is great the rest drags along a bit too much since it takes too long for Eastwood's character to have his first setback.

Can't wait to watch the second one, For a Few Dollars More.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
2012 (2009)

A movie about the world ending... people believed the world was going to end in 2012 so the makers made the movie.

To be honest, though, anyone who actually believed the world was gonna end are as delusional as Holocaust deniers, maybe moreso.

I still think whoever came up with that hoax should be in prison for fraud.

I still remember this vid like it was yesterday:

LOL!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I hadn't realized until this week that The Good Place was in its final episodes. I have enjoyed the show immensely.

I appreciate that the show aimed to have a finished arc and lead us chapter by chapter to the end. I suppose if they dragged the story line out more, it would seem like filler. Bravo to good planning!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm currently binge watching Hell's Kitchen as I lay sick on my couch x.x. Hoping I don't have to do this for too long, dispite my love for Hell's Kitchen.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Just completed watching A Fistful of Dollars and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with just one more down to go before I've seen the entire trilogy.

The third film is definitely a masterpiece that will live on forever, much thanks to its amazing soundtrack. However it also has masterful storytelling and incredible characters, with many twists and turns that feel earned.
The first one is good, although not as good as the third. It works as an introduction to Eastwood's character, and although the final duel is great the rest drags along a bit too much since it takes too long for Eastwood's character to have his first setback.

Can't wait to watch the second one, For a Few Dollars More.

Curious why you've watched them out of order or are you going chronologically with The Good and the Bad first? I don't remember the films too well, but I remember For a Few Dollars More being my favorite.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Curious why you've watched them out of order or are you going chronologically with The Good and the Bad first? I don't remember the films too well, but I remember For a Few Dollars More being my favorite.
Well, I didn't actually know the chronological order for the films, but I knew that the most popular theme song that's been reused in hundreds of American comedies and shows was from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, so naturally I just assumed that it was the first one. I had no idea it was the third one until afterwards. I've never heard of another trilogy where the third one is generally considered to be the best among the big mass, well except for maybe the Star Wars prequels.

Usually when it comes to films, the first one is the best and sequels rarely manage to beat the original.

I've actually seen For a Few Dollars More now as well, and I must say that is was much better than the first one. However the third is still my favorite. I'd rank them as followed:

A Fistful of Dollars: 7/10
For a Few Dollars More: 9/10
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: 10/10

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Decided to go back and actually watch the old 60's Speed Racer all the way through starting today! Wish me luck folks. I'm having a blast XD
4274b4f340d367731dad196bcbc3af3a_preview_featured.jpg

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

I remember liking For a Few Dollars More the most, out of the three, as well.

I’ve been on a Disney+ kick as of late and have revisited a bunch of old Disney flicks. The Fox and the Hound might be one o my all time favorite (older) Disney movies. I also have been enjoying The Mandalorian for obvious reasons! :lol:

And for some strange reason I have been finding myself watching some of these terribly cheesy Hallmark Christmas flicks. The Nine Lives of Christmas is definitely a guilty pleasure. :biggrin:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I remember liking For a Few Dollars More the most, out of the three, as well.

I’ve been on a Disney+ kick as of late and have revisited a bunch of old Disney flicks. The Fox and the Hound might be one o my all time favorite (older) Disney movies. I also have been enjoying The Mandalorian for obvious reasons! :lol:

And for some strange reason I have been finding myself watching some of these terribly cheesy Hallmark Christmas flicks. The Nine Lives of Christmas is definitely a guilty pleasure. :biggrin:

I've been on Disney+ as well and holding out until I can binge The Mandalorian. Keep hearing good things about it and from the few clips I've seen, it looks promising. Not to mention, everyone is going crazy for Baby Yoda right now. He's like a little f*cking gremlin that you just want to squeeze and-okay, I'll stop.

However, I'm currently rewatching X-Men: The Animated Series and it's still so damn good after all these years. It's a shame cartoons don't bother to look this good anymore and the subject matter is still very relevant today. One of the few cartoons that can hold a candle to Batman: The Animated Series.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yes, he looks like a mogwai! The Mandalorian is a pleasant surprise from Disney. The trailers made it look good, action wise, but I wasn’t sure what type of story would be told. I love the baby Yoda twist, it’s kind of like The Last of Us in that we have this tough, lethal character who takes on caring for a “child”.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Well we were watching Ready Player One until they started showing scenes from The Shining and my kids started crying. Wasn't expecting an 18-rated film to be inserted into a 12-rated one...odd choice, to be honest.

Wikipedia'd the ending instead.

Don't feel like I've missed anything special.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just watched the Director's Cut of Watchmen. It's been a long time since I've seen the theatrical version, but this version improves the original film quite a bit by showing Hollis' death and touching up a few other things.

And I still haven't got Disney+ yet. When I'll get it, I don't know, but I think it's kinda stupid how you HAVE to see the Disney+ Marvel series' to understand future films. It just feels like a way to sucker more money out of people.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Watched Breaking Band’s follow up story El Camino on Netflix. I enjoyed it but I also think that they should have used that as an actual episode back in 2013 rather than waiting this long just to see how Jesse got outta dodge.

Now I’m rewatching the entire Breaking Bad series and loving it all over again.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I still haven't got Disney+ yet. When I'll get it, I don't know, but I think it's kinda stupid how you HAVE to see the Disney+ Marvel series' to understand future films. It just feels like a way to sucker more money out of people.
Wait, what? This is going to be a thing?

That's... disappointing to say the least

Top Bottom