• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just saw Terminator Dark Fate, and I must say it was pretty good, first time I've been able to say that about a Terminator movie in a LONG time. It was a marked improvement over the last 3, which isn't saying much, but it's an overall solid film if you don't go in expecting it to be as good as the first 2. The action scenes were great, and Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger both killed it in this movie (no pun intended). It was great to see them both back (again, no pun intended). MacKenzie Davis was pretty good, too.

Although I hated how...

They killed John off in the first 5 minutes of the film. :mad:

But if you can look past that and don't go in expecting another T1 or T2, you might come away pleasantly surprised. So yes, we finally get that TRUE 3rd installment and the first good/decent sequel since T2.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Meh. Dark Fate was trash. It was a retelling of Terminator 1 with new characters and Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger thrown in there for marketing. Completely unnecessary sequel.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Dark Fate was yet another copy of T2, with specific elements borrowed from both T3, Salvation and Genisys. Nothing new in terms of concepts or overall story apart from being set on the US-Mexico border. It belongs in a trash can along with the other post-T2 films. Apparently James Cameron never spent a single day on set, so all of his supposed "involvement" was just another PR stunt. That guy lost all of his credibility after he called Genisys a masterpiece a couple of years ago. AND he trashed Wonder Woman.

I have to give somewhat credit to Terminator Salvation for at least trying to be original, too bad the execution was terrible. They made a huge mistake by not portraying the future like this:

Why can't we get 2 hours of THAT instead?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Watched Good Omens. Enjoyed it. Felt like reading a good novel.

Now we're watching Carnival Row. The character design, art, and direction are all beautiful. The story is kind of slow - but if you haven't watched it yet - give it a try.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
AND he trashed Wonder Woman.
To be fair, if I recall, he didn't trash Wonder Woman. He was trashing the idea that after all the these we finally have strong women leading a film, when he had been doing it for years. There could be other stuff I don't know about, but that's what I remember him criticizing. Peoples adoration for something false, rather than the film itself.

I just finally watched "Your Name," and while I knew Makoto Shinkai is considered a prolific director, I've only ever seen one of his other films. "Garden of Words," and so I kept comparing this film to that one. Which was a mistake at first. I know it's something you should never do, but I just kept watching like, "Yeah, this is good, but I don't know why it's considered a modern classic. Garden of Words is clearly better so far. Then the halfway point hits, and the film takes a dramatic turn with a major twist. And from there, there was no more comparison. It was a movie uniquely its own, and I'll be damned if by the end I wasn't crying. It was a very slow build, but definitely worth it. And when people call this movie a visual masterpiece, I totally understand why. Even if I wasn't liking the movie, the animation is so beautiful I would have kept watching anyway, just because it was so hard to pull away from. All in all, if you're looking for something through provoking, something romantic, or both, then I highly recomend this film.
YourName-heading-1.jpg

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
To be fair, if I recall, he didn't trash Wonder Woman. He was trashing the idea that after all the these we finally have strong women leading a film, when he had been doing it for years. There could be other stuff I don't know about, but that's what I remember him criticizing. Peoples adoration for something false, rather than the film itself.
What he did is that he called the film "a step backwards" and basically criticized Gal Gadot for being too sexy. While I do agree with him that a lot of idiots praised the film for being something of a "first" for women despite that not being the case, those idiots were mostly just industry journalists anyway. The public embraced Wonder Woman and it just seemed to me that he was jealous. He's clearly lost touch with his audience throughout the years.

EDIT: BTW yes I love Your Name too.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The fiancee started watching Monk when she had a cold one day, so I sat down and started watching it with her. I didn't like the show THAT much when it first came out, but now I am loving it! Strange times.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Bout to make the fiancé watch Home Alone 3. (I always have and always will maintain that it's the best one. Period.)
So, I've actually only seen the first one. And I've only seen it ONCE in my life, so I have next to no memory of the movie. That said, about a year ago Macaulay Culkin was on the Joe Rogan Experience, and the dude is fascinating.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So, I've actually only seen the first one. And I've only seen it ONCE in my life, so I have next to no memory of the movie. That said, about a year ago Macaulay Culkin was on the Joe Rogan Experience, and the dude is fascinating.
Home Alone 3 is the first one that doesn't have him in it actually. I've always loved it though.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
First of all - Home Alone 3 is a treasure that people don't want to give a chance because it has different actors. But Home Alone 1 and 2 are far superior. The cheese in Home Alone 3 is extra thick, but the hijinx are on par with the originals.

Side story about McCauley Culkin (which my fiancee still pronounces as Cauley McCulkin) - A co-worker of mine saw him with his band a few years ago at a bowling alley in Brooklyn. It was a bizarre experience, since McCauley plays the pizza box for a good portion on it. During a break, my co-worker Phil was outside smoking a cigarette and ended up chatting up Culkin who was surprisingly in to talking with stranger. Until Phil ruined it. He is a drunk buffoon and in the middle of their conversation, he asked, "So----- What REALLY happened with Michael Jackson?" Apparently Culkin put out his cigarette and walked away... never to converse with poor Philip again.

Phil was also yelled at by John Lithgow on a train one time for being too drunk and loud. So, there IS a pattern here.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
First of all - Home Alone 3 is a treasure that people don't want to give a chance because it has different actors. But Home Alone 1 and 2 are far superior. The cheese in Home Alone 3 is extra thick, but the hijinx are on par with the originals.

Side story about McCauley Culkin (which my fiancee still pronounces as Cauley McCulkin) - A co-worker of mine saw him with his band a few years ago at a bowling alley in Brooklyn. It was a bizarre experience, since McCauley plays the pizza box for a good portion on it. During a break, my co-worker Phil was outside smoking a cigarette and ended up chatting up Culkin who was surprisingly in to talking with stranger. Until Phil ruined it. He is a drunk buffoon and in the middle of their conversation, he asked, "So----- What REALLY happened with Michael Jackson?" Apparently Culkin put out his cigarette and walked away... never to converse with poor Philip again.

Phil was also yelled at by John Lithgow on a train one time for being too drunk and loud. So, there IS a pattern here.
Maybe I have the wrong takeaway here but...I wanna meet this Philip guy...

Top Bottom