• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
We have taken a break from Arrow for now. We kept getting angry at the crossover episodes when we haven't watched Supergirl or Flash and you just get thrown in the middle of a three part episode. haha.

We are in the early parts of Season 6 - I will finish it before the end of the year I think!

I also watched Big Mouth Season 3 recently. Loved it. So nourishing. So gross.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Recently discovered HBO’s Girls and love it. It’s a blend of Mean Girls and Sex and the City. It almost feels like a guidebook Afro being a young adult.
I’ve also been watching a lot of The Middle. The kids really do make the show.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Chuck was and always will be great. Unique story lines each season and great villains.

*I had a spoiler here, but forgot how to insert a spoiler tag, so now there is nothing.*

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Just came back from watching Ad Astra with Brad Pitt.

I can just say.... It was phenomenal. What a true spectacle of a movie, with fantastic imagery and visuals, wonderful themes and emotional payoffs that really makes you think. I won't spoil too much for those who haven't seen it, but it's worth it. If you're not comfortable with slower movies however, you shouldn't see it.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just saw Zombieland: Double Tap, that was a good, fun time. While it didn't measure up to the original in terms of pacing, it has more heart than a lot of sequels and still manages to bring enough laughs and zombie fun while adding just enough new elements to keep it fresh. Oh and Woody Harrelson kills it (no pun intended) as always.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My fiancee and I just watched the newest season of Grantchester - a BBC show about a minister who helps the local police solve crimes.

We are also in the middle of the newest season of the Great British Bake Off (Baking Show). I can't complain. haha

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
We are also in the middle of the newest season of the Great British Bake Off (Baking Show). I can't complain. haha
Been watching Bake Off myself. Although I've liked a lot of the people in it this season, I feel that the series as a whole hasn't really captured my interest as much as usual. Not sure why, because it's usually my happy relax-y show.

I've recently finished Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. I originally had my reservations about this series as I really enjoyed the movie. However, now I'm done with it, I can honestly say that I loved every second, and I'm really sad that it had to end. The characterisations were perfect, the offbeat humour was well done, the setting and tone were charming, and they cast the actors in their roles perfectly.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Been watching Bake Off myself. Although I've liked a lot of the people in it this season, I feel that the series as a whole hasn't really captured my interest as much as usual. Not sure why, because it's usually my happy relax-y show.

I've recently finished Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. I originally had my reservations about this series as I really enjoyed the movie. However, now I'm done with it, I can honestly say that I loved every second, and I'm really sad that it had to end. The characterisations were perfect, the offbeat humour was well done, the setting and tone were charming, and they cast the actors in their roles perfectly.

I completely agree about Bake Off - I think they have voted off individuals to create controversy more than they have been kicking people off based on merit. NOW I agree with the final few contestants, but I would go back and re-do some of the votes they made PARTICULARLY the episode where they voted two people off. Additionally, I enjoy binging shows and I can't binge a show they make me wait every week for!

NOW - let's talk A Seris of Unfortunate Events - YES - YES! Every actor in that series turns in an amazing performance. The sets are always so remarkable which makes sense since the setting is as much of a character as the rest of them. I am still upset at that finale. They don't answer any of the questions they create through the series. I like where the story turns and how a lot of the epilogue ties things together - but there must be a better end for the Baudelaire children! I could do 1 or 2 more seasons to finish it out. haha

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I completely agree about Bake Off - I think they have voted off individuals to create controversy more than they have been kicking people off based on merit. NOW I agree with the final few contestants, but I would go back and re-do some of the votes they made PARTICULARLY the episode where they voted two people off. Additionally, I enjoy binging shows and I can't binge a show they make me wait every week for!

NOW - let's talk A Seris of Unfortunate Events - YES - YES! Every actor in that series turns in an amazing performance. The sets are always so remarkable which makes sense since the setting is as much of a character as the rest of them. I am still upset at that finale. They don't answer any of the questions they create through the series. I like where the story turns and how a lot of the epilogue ties things together - but there must be a better end for the Baudelaire children! I could do 1 or 2 more seasons to finish it out. haha
Yeah, I definitely agree when they had the double elimination. I also thought they messed it up the week they voted that older guy off. He didn't deserve to go.

I adored it, I actually re-watched all of the available episodes both times the next series came out. In regards to the ending, I can say that it stays true to the book, but the epilogue was added - meaning that you actually get more answers in the series than you did from the books. Which questions do you need answering? I guess the reasoning is sung a few times throughout the series...

There's no happy ending, not here and not now. This tale is all sorrows and woes. You might think that justice and peace win the day, but that's not how the story goes...

Also, how nice is Neil Patrick Harris's singing voice?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Im currently watching Kitboga on Twitch as I have pulled something in my lower back and can barely move at the moment.

He's one of my favorite Twitch streamers who scambaits on his streams and I know enough about tech to realize how stupid what the scammers are saying actually is.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I totally agree about them voting off the older guy. He was shocked. We were shocked! They are looking to shock people rather than taking the contest seriously!

And when it comes to A Series Of Unfortunate Events - there is no conclusion for The Baudelaire Children. It just ends with the major deaths. And while that concludes the story - the Baudelaires have lot of questions unanswered about the VFD, their parents, their role in all of this. They answer SOME questions in the finale - but ending the story on a remote island that barely connects to the main tale is just unfair for us! Do they ever find a guardian? Are they their own guardians at the end? I get that there is supposed to be an ambiguous ending - but that was TOO ambiguous. It is like when a show gets canceled mid season, so they have to rush an ending. It didn't feel whole. Lemony Snicket is a bastard!

And yes, Neil Patrick Harris can SING. Have you ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog? Every song is great! ESPECIALLY "So They Say" and "My Eyes".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
And yes, Neil Patrick Harris can SING. Have you ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog? Every song is great! ESPECIALLY "So They Say" and "My Eyes".
Dr. Horrible is so good! My Eyes is definitely the best in the film, though Brand New Day is a close second in...my eyes XD. Good Joke...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Today is the day of our Company Halloween Party. So, I'll be throwing on some Dr. Horrible and Rocky Horror songs on Alexa tonight for all the workers that actually DO show up.

And for the interest that is bound to pop up, I am being a sexy version of Beach Santa tonight. Y'know, Kris Kringle on a typical Jamaican getaway in June.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I totally agree about them voting off the older guy. He was shocked. We were shocked! They are looking to shock people rather than taking the contest seriously!

And when it comes to A Series Of Unfortunate Events - there is no conclusion for The Baudelaire Children. It just ends with the major deaths. And while that concludes the story - the Baudelaires have lot of questions unanswered about the VFD, their parents, their role in all of this. They answer SOME questions in the finale - but ending the story on a remote island that barely connects to the main tale is just unfair for us! Do they ever find a guardian? Are they their own guardians at the end? I get that there is supposed to be an ambiguous ending - but that was TOO ambiguous. It is like when a show gets canceled mid season, so they have to rush an ending. It didn't feel whole. Lemony Snicket is a bastard!

Well, I think the point in regards to them having no guardians at the end is because when they did have guardians, pretty much every single one of those people failed them. They told the adults repeatedly that Count Olaf was in disguise only to be disregarded because they were children, and either always thought they knew better or were too scared to stand up for them. They took better care of themselves than any of the adults ever did.

They are their own guardians, and guardians of Beatrice II at the end, because they fare much better on their own. I feel like a lot of the questions were answered in regards to VFD and their parents too. And the island did connect to their story because their parents lived there, and also the chief of the island related back to the founding of VFD. Yeah, it is a bit of a random location, but isn't the whole series based on random locations? That's what I find enjoyable about it.

I haven't seen that, no. I may have to check it out!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I saw the new Addams Family yesterday. I enjoyed it. Maybe not as great as the 90s movies, but I still had a good time.

Top Bottom