• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
To me, whenever they try to get the characters into their game clothes, it always just looks like terrible cosplays. It's always one of the many things I make fun of while watching them. But I guess it's just because that's the only thing that's like their game "equivalents".
I love to hate those movies. :p
I don't understand a lot of the movie casting. I felt Ada and Jill were fine in that they could pass as their characters (although I was constantly bothered by Ada's actresses' very distinct lack of confidence). Chris and Leon were okay - not terrible but I would not have settled for them. I liked Carlos because Oded Fehr is charming as hell but it's super obvious he's Jewish, not Hispanic.

However I felt Claire and Wesker were the worst on face alone. I would never have thought Ali Larter was Claire had the other characters not said her name half a billion times in her first movie. Her face seems way too long for Claire and her features too refined. Wesker I felt had too much of a baby face. I don't understand how you can mess up Wesker because all he really is is a bad wig and sunglasses, but this actor has the most pinch-able cheeks I've ever seen.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't understand a lot of the movie casting. I felt Ada and Jill were fine in that they could pass as their characters (although I was constantly bothered by Ada's actresses' very distinct lack of confidence). Chris and Leon were okay - not terrible but I would not have settled for them. I liked Carlos because Oded Fehr is charming as hell but it's super obvious he's Jewish, not Hispanic.

However I felt Claire and Wesker were the worst on face alone. I would never have thought Ali Larter was Claire had the other characters not said her name half a billion times in her first movie. Her face seems way too long for Claire and her features too refined. Wesker I felt had too much of a baby face. I don't understand how you can mess up Wesker because all he really is is a bad wig and sunglasses, but this actor has the most pinch-able cheeks I've ever seen.

I think Jill was okay with her blonde hair, but not what she looked like in the second movie. Her hair looked too much like a wig, and Jill's hair was supposed to be brown, not black. :p
I love Oded Fehr (especially in The Mummy), but he would've passed as Carlos better if he had longer hair. His face is similar enough, but his hair wasn't at all. xD

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think Jill was okay with her blonde hair, but not what she looked like in the second movie. Her hair looked too much like a wig, and Jill's hair was supposed to be brown, not black. :p
I love Oded Fehr (especially in The Mummy), but he would've passed as Carlos better if he had longer hair. His face is similar enough, but his hair wasn't at all. xD
Eh, Jill looked fine to me in Apocalypse. I don't find the change from brown to black that big of a deal - maybe they tried brown on the actress and it just didn't look as nice. Besides, most of the settings are dark anyway. It's different when hair colour is one of the character's defining features - I wouldn't be impressed with a black-haired Regina, but brown to black for Jill wasn't outrageous.

The thing about Carlos though is that he's latino - his most memorable line in the game is based on him being latino. He seemed more like a new character with the same name, but like I said, Fehr is super charming so I'll give him a pass.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
First look at Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) in the resident evil final chapter:

11821186_1667647250141919_1013263205_n.jpg

Wow. I absolutely love it!!.

I think they got her look down, she's pretty badass! She definitely looks like claire to me, if only she had her ponytail though.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
First look at Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) in the resident evil final chapter:

11821186_1667647250141919_1013263205_n.jpg

Wow. I absolutely love it!!.

I think that they did a great job in choosing Ali Larter as Claire. As for Oded Fehr in my opinion i think he would've made a better Chris than Wentworth Miller.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Are you referring to the RE manga/comic which I believe took place in Singapore?

Correct. That is one of the few books that are considered canon! :p It's actually pretty good even if the premise sounds like crap. I didn't think I was going to like it and was trying to force myself to read it but I freaking loved it! It's fantastic! :D

Bilbo

How come they used a ship location in 3 games in a row (5,revelations, and 6)? Revelations was awesome considering most of the game takes place on the ship and that's kinda the point. But 5 and 6s ship locations are...not very exciting. And the section in Chris campaign where you're running from the regenerating thing is just a cheap nod to revelations which is ridiculous considering the game came out in the SAME YEAR.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself...
Arklay_Research_Facility_B_O_W_Development_Team.jpg

Jill and Chris must have been idiots if they didn't recognize the commander.... XD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself...

Jill and Chris must have been idiots if they didn't recognize the commander.... XD

Wesker Commander!! We are aware your organic platform has terminated twice in your game reality. xD (A must see for any Albert Wesker fan! One of D.C. Douglas's skits)

I find it ironic of how the girl on the left has a similar facial structure of Alex as does her eye brows. It's probably coincidental unless they used that as her base model. She didn't exist as a character back then xD

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
Wesker Commander!! We are aware your organic platform has terminated twice in your game reality. xD (A must see for any Albert Wesker fan! One of D.C. Douglas's skits)

I find it ironic of how the girl on the left has a similar facial structure of Alex as does her eye brows. It's probably coincidental unless they used that as her base model. She didn't exist as a character back then xD
Hhh that video was just awesome!

I thought maybe the girl on the left is Annette Birkin...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Hhh that video was just awesome!

I thought maybe the girl on the left is Annette Birkin...

I'm glad you liked it. D.C. Douglas does stuff like this all the time. Hell he did one a the beginning of this month. Yes, he is the voice actor of Albert Wesker as we all know xD

The face looks nothing like Annette Birkin and too much like Alex. In reality it's probably a nobody unless Capcom went back looking at other characters as a model for Alex. Who knows.... That would be something that would either be kept within Capcom's development team or revealed at a later date. If it's the former it's just a model and likely means nothing.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I think people only hate the AI who's controlling Sheva not her character overall.

Anyway ever wondered what happens if Alex Wesker meets Albert Wesker in real life? well here's what happens with a little twist in the end (from DC Douglas youtube channel) :happy:

I love everything about this... Seeing that Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn (from the Silent Hill series) plays the voice of Alex Wesker makes me want to play through Revelations 2 even more now. And not to forget Chris at the end of that video hahaha.

I miss my Wesker and Chris pairing so much, there needs to me a Wesker Mode with Chris as his reluctant partner.

Also good idea for a thread, it's always fun reading through random thoughts, and I know I have plenty of them on this series.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I love everything about this... Seeing that Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn (from the Silent Hill series) plays the voice of Alex Wesker makes me want to play through Revelations 2 even more now. And not to forget Chris at the end of that video hahaha.

I miss my Wesker and Chris pairing so much, there needs to me a Wesker Mode with Chris as his reluctant partner.

Also good idea for a thread, it's always fun reading through random thoughts, and I know I have plenty of them on this series.

You'll love Revelations 2. It has in my opinion the best story in the series. Alex Wesker is a very horrifying person and does not disappoint. I don't want to say more but she makes Albert look like a little bitch in terms of intelligence, methods, and progress/achievements. She is Wesker and should be addressed so (along with her other titles like Master) xD

mjk321

I think Bob is the one not looking at the camera

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
You'll love Revelations 2. It has in my opinion the best story in the series. Alex Wesker is a very horrifying person and does not disappoint. I don't want to say more but she makes Albert look like a little bitch in terms of intelligence, methods, and progress/achievements. She is Wesker and should be addressed so (along with her other titles like Master) xD

Albert is a bitch, a sassy one at that, but I love him unconditionally.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Albert is a bitch, a sassy one at that, but I love him unconditionally.

He's awesome though. One of the coolest villains in gaming! :p Alex is a better written character and far more horrifying than he is. She easily dealt far more damage and killed far more people than he did. (It's kind of the people around Albert that does the killing... yes?)

If I had to choose between ****ing Albert or Alex off. I'd run up to Albert and kick him in the balls really, really, really ****ing hard. At least it would be over quick and there wouldn't be much suffering. He'd just punch a hole in me. Alex would drag me off and do things that I have no desire to ever experience in my life. I don't know about other people, but NOPE! Just NOPE!

Alex > Albert. "She's so scary" xD

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
He's awesome though. One of the coolest villains in gaming! :p Alex is a better written character and far more horrifying than he is. She easily dealt far more damage and killed far more people than he did. (It's kind of the people around Albert that does the killing... yes?)

If I had to choose between ****ing Albert or Alex off. I'd run up to Albert and kick him in the balls really, really, really ****ing hard. At least it would be over quick and there wouldn't be much suffering. He'd just punch a hole in me. Alex would drag me off and do things that I have no desire to ever experience in my life. I don't know about other people, but NOPE! Just NOPE!

Alex > Albert. "She's so scary" xD

That sounds kinky... As far as I know Albert would only do that with Chris, so you're probably right haha. :p

And she must have done a lot of damage in one game because Wesker's body count is pretty high up there; just because Albert wasn't directly behind the trigger doesn't mean he didn't take part in the lethal actions. Kind of like Hitler.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That sounds kinky... As far as I know Albert would only do that with Chris, so you're probably right haha. :p

And she must have done a lot of damage in one game because Wesker's body count is pretty high up there; just because Albert wasn't directly behind the trigger doesn't mean he didn't take part in the lethal actions. Kind of like Hitler.

No **** Wesker's body count is high up there..... Oh you mean Albert's, my bad I thought you said "Wesker"! Jk. RE5 alone stated in Spencer's dairies that he doesn't understand how Alex was going through thousands of test subjects a month. And he said she's the bright and the best of them all.

But kind of like Hitler.... Alex kind of.... we'll leave it at that.

Though you know.... it's my opinion that someone who actually builds graves for people who aren't even dead yet... that's kind of ****ed up. Plus she does Jigsaw like traps and has some human centipede bull**** going on. She's done far worse things and we can talk about this after you beat the game LOL But let's be honest. In comparison of the two of them., she makes Albert look like he's about to set up shop for "donate a puppy for a welfare child" or some ****.

Top Bottom