• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't get why so many people think Patricia Ja Lee was the ultimate Jill voice. She only voiced her in two canon games, and she was great in 5, but in UC I found her almost comparable to original Resi 1 Jill. I really like Patricia in 5 and as a person, but I think Michelle Ruff suits Jill really well and is also an amazing person.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Sum bitch, John Goodman would have been a great Barry Burton. His character in The Big Lebowski is essentially how I imagine Barry to be... ok maybe Barry is a little less extreme but I think the similarities are there.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Sum bitch, John Goodman would have been a great Barry Burton. His character in The Big Lebowski is essentially how I imagine Barry to be... ok maybe Barry is a little less extreme but I think the similarities are there.
hahaha I think you're right I mean look at your avatar, just remove the glasses, wear red jacket and replace the gun with samurai edge.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
So I kind of disappeared from this site for a while after RE6 came out and never really discussed much about it with other fans, and having just replayed through Chris' campaign over the last couple days I feel so compelled to talk about it as it kicked up so many different emotions and thoughts on Chris' situation.

This time around I actually cried at the end despite knowing what was going to happen. Maybe it was because I finally played as Piers (I feel guilty if I don't play as Chris) and his character grew on me, maybe it was PMS- but whatever I just find Chris' constant and never ending struggle to be pretty sad. You can see that he doesn't want to live that sort of life style anymore; he wants to be happy and be "normal" in yet here he is fighting this never ending battle constantly wondering 'why' and constantly feeling guilty, mad, and unfulfilled. He's put himself in the forefront of this fight against bioterrorism whereas other characters try to do things more behind the scenes (until they are thrown into some sort of predicament). In my opinion Chris is the one character of the entire series who has struggled the most and it clearly shows in RE6 as Capcom finally played more into his PTSD. He is, in every sense of the word, a hero.

A lot of people feel as though Chris is the one who should have died at the end of RE6 and not Piers and while that would have made more sense if Capcom wanted to reboot the series with a similar character like Chris, I actually love the ending that we did get because I wanted to see Chris' redemption and I also love the fact that a character so similar to how Chris used to be got to save him instead.

Piers is who Chris used to be; eager and optimistic as well as a strong soldier. And like Piers looked up to Chris, Chris once looked up to Wesker in that same manner, which is why he felt such betrayal when Wesker turned on him and S.T.A.R.S. However just like Wesker let his subordinate down, Chris also let Piers down, luckily for Piers though Chris isn't a psychopath with a god complex and was able to redeem himself.

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore

I always figured Jim Beaver from Supernatural would be a good Barry.

singer-gun.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So.... I saw this on FB and I've always noticed that Project W. is eerily similar to "Les Enfants Terribles" from Metal Gear Solid but this resemblance is just uncanny. I don't even know what to say because this is a very good point imo, as coincidental as it may be. This here is some seriously ****ed up ****!

I also want to point out that Solid defeated, but not killed Vamp in MGS4 the same way Chris defeated Albert in RE5....

1072mu8.jpg

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I didn't used to play Mercenaries much, because I'm so terrible at timed/survival/kill-a-bunch-of-enemies modes, like, I can't get better than a C rank in 6 Mercs, but... I'm actually really good at Mercs/Reunion in 5. Especially as Fairy Tale Sheva and Rebecca. I got S ranks with them and I didn't play 5 Mercs very much until now.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
So I was casually playing RE4, and after Ashley was taken by the Novistador, I used my usual strategy and went outside a window in the room before so I could kick the Novistadors from the other side, and while I was waiting for one to come over to me, it went through the wall. That's never happened to me before. I might have to come up with a new strategy just in case it happens again. I can only imagine the shocked look on my face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom