• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
You know i want to see a RE game with zombies. and i am not talking about the zombies that you see everywhere these days. I am talking about the other type of zombies. like the ones you see in White Zombie or Plan 9 from outer space.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Allright so RE channel (the official one) just posted a zombie video mashup vid
so does it mean we'll get more traditional zombies in RE 7..(hope so)

I was playing through RE 4 again today and I just passed the room where Ashley has to turn the cranks to raise the platforms so you can get across the water. And I realized there is no way I'd be able to jump those platforms with my stubby lil' legs. I'd so be better off just swimming across.
You mean the room inside the Salazar's castle? that part is so intense especially with the heartbeat / pulse sfx.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Man, I am horrible at the older Resident Evils. 1, at least. I just can't dodge the zombies and I find myself shooting them if I can't get around them. I used a walkthrough my first time through so I don't really feel like I beat the game, if that makes sense.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
so does it mean we'll get more traditional zombies in RE 7..(hope so)

Honestly I hope to god not. You can't get any more traditional or generic with Zombies than you can with RE6. They just aren't fun to fight. They are slow... dumb... and really.... they were always easy to deal with in every RE game. The only "REAL" zombies feel like they posed a threat were the Crimson Heads. RE6 had to create and formulate a lot of BS plot elements to bring them back. Umbrella Corps are bringing them back so there is a chance we will see them in RE7. But I'd like to think that they are going to do something more creative this time around. They want to make a scary game, then zombies are the last thing you want to use. Zombie's aren't scary, and they never were.

Ideally they should find a way to really mentally **** with the player in a way that makes sense to the story. Right now they have that opportunity. It would be nice if they don't miss it. If they do well.... there are definitely other creepy things they can do :p I think they should reflect on what they've done with the Regenerators and the Leeches.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
tumblr_n1mb4gbTPD1t0qa1co1_500_zpsomcxykrg.jpg

tumblr_n1mb4gbTPD1t0qa1co2_500_zpsl6deense.jpg

Chris is in the closet and wants to try on a fancy dress.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Been playing through Umbrella Chronicles again, this time on the ps3, and my god it's hard to aim using just the controller.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Really sometimes thinking why one of mine conversations with mom ended ankward ones ( well this one maked me ankward beacuse of small incident before All hallows too). Well she seen one of mine wallpapers on Laptop and actually that one been setted on mine PC, and blured suddenly that her Father ( and actually mine Grandfather) used too look like that one character in his youger days, that well maked me slightly nervous for once and ankwardness too ( to mention on PC wallpaper i had well setted one with RE Wesker on it) Now well im still not so much well after revelations like this lol.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I think there was a thread that talked about this. But i've been wondering an open world Resident Evil game.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think there was a thread that talked about this. But i've been wondering an open world Resident Evil game.

I've thought of this as well in the past and kind of thought of how it would work. It would be very difficult to do because the game is quite story heavy. I wouldn't want it to be a main title but I think they're some cool things they can do with this. They would also need to use an appropriate protagonist for it.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I've thought of this as well in the past and kind of thought of how it would work. It would be very difficult to do because the game is quite story heavy. I wouldn't want it to be a main title but I think they're some cool things they can do with this. They would also need to use an appropriate protagonist for it.

Well they sorta did something in the first survivor game that actually could work.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well they sorta did something in the first survivor game that actually could work.

Perhaps. I can see Leon's character working since he's not tied down to one story arc. They tend to experiment a lot with him. I would like to see someone else tackle something that radically different. I would be nice to see Billy Coen again. An open world Resident Evil would need to be both horror and action centric to keep lasting appeal. The problem with open world games is retaining the players attention, preventing them from getting bored. Resident Evil would need to be very careful to avoid this and would need to tackle the best of both worlds.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Perhaps. I can see Leon's character working since he's not tied down to one story arc. They tend to experiment a lot with him. I would like to see someone else tackle something that radically different. I would be nice to see Billy Coen again. An open world Resident Evil would need to be both horror and action centric to keep lasting appeal. The problem with open world games is retaining the players attention, preventing them from getting bored. Resident Evil would need to be very careful to avoid this and would need to tackle the best of both worlds.

Yeah I totally agree with you about trying to keep lasting appeal. They could assign Leon as a supportive character. one that provide you with some Advice, Tactics and maybe give you some side missions where you fight bosses that drop some parts for some good weapons and equipments.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yeah I totally agree with you about trying to keep lasting appeal. They could assign Leon as a supportive character. one that provide you with some Advice, Tactics and maybe give you some side missions where you fight bosses that drop some parts for some good weapons and equipments.

That actually would work. If not Leon then his organisation. Though I'd much rather have to discover everything on your own with no back up. Maybe run into characters you know and love and work with them at times but I think the player should need to be on their own for a good majority of the game :p

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So I just saw this on FB. Apparently she wants the d.

PS. No I did NOT edit this.... well asides form blocking out my name :3

15ex1cm.jpg

Top Bottom