• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am half way through Nightmare right now. Of course I do have all of the Defense Coins, Recovery Coins, and Infinite Rocket Launcher. But you'd be surprised how often you can still die with all that going on. The additional Hunter Gammas in the sewers are so tricksy.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I am half way through Nightmare right now. Of course I do have all of the Defense Coins, Recovery Coins, and Infinite Rocket Launcher. But you'd be surprised how often you can still die with all that going on. The additional Hunter Gammas in the sewers are so tricksy.
I almost died at that part the first time I ran through because I saw the parasite zombies drop down and I was like: "okay nothing to see here, I'll get them on my way back" then I back away from the Hunter Gamma that dropped down from a pipe just to back into the Hunter Gamma hiding behind the waterfall.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That one got me TWICE. I knew where it was and I tried to be cool and pop in to the pipe line and surprise it - but it surprised me with all of its vicious maw. I assume Inferno has the same rearranging so I will definitely be blasting a rocket in there next time through. haha

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
As the beginning of Remake 3 shows, Jill seems to be struggling to cope with the events of the Mansion Incident. This just made me wish all the more that they'd pursued a similar thing after the events of Resident Evil 5. If Jill was suffering mentally after what happened to her in the mansion, imagine how she'd experience that on a much bigger scale after being captive for three years and being forced to carry out Wesker's orders against her will. This could have made for some awesome story and gameplay moments in a subsequent Resident Evil game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - they hint at it in the beginning and then at the hospital. There was never a big breakthrough moment for her conquering her PTSD. But maybe that is a topic for the Future. The REmakeverse could be it's own thing. I wouldn't hate it. haha

Mr.R

I just rage-quit Nemesis's final battle in Nightmare mode, and I don't know if I'm coming back to finish it. There's a difference between challenging and cheap. That battle is just cheap and I don't have the kind of patience for this kind of "make-one-mistake-and-you're-dead" battles.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I just rage-quit Nemesis's final battle in Nightmare mode, and I don't know if I'm coming back to finish it. There's a difference between challenging and cheap. That battle is just cheap and I don't have the kind of patience for this kind of "make-one-mistake-and-you're-dead" battles.
I rage quit after a run a few days ago and just quit the game. Next time I played I was able to beat him but that day I was just like: "I'm done."

Mr.R

I rage quit after a run a few days ago and just quit the game. Next time I played I was able to beat him but that day I was just like: "I'm done."

Oh, after I beat it, I won't be coming back for Nightmare mode anytime soon. I'll stick to Hardcore when I want to play for fun.

And I'm not touching Inferno. Nope. Don't have the patience for this.

EDIT: Tried again some hours later and finally defeated him. Honestly, it wasn't fun or rewarding. It was just frustrating and I was glad it was over. A shame though, my journey through Nightmare mode was kinda fun (some crazy times with Carlos in the RPD...), even though I used a defense coin for the sake of balancing, but the last battle ruined everything. I won't be touching that mode again in a long time. Hardcore is when I mostly enjoy myself in RE3R)

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Very cute.

I don't speak Russian but I understood two words she said. The first one is "Davai" which she says in the middle and that means something like "Come on" or "Let's go". Then at the end when she gets angry she screams "DA BLYAT!" which means... yeah, you guessed it, s**t f*ck.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I never would have guessed, the only thing I could make out was the screams. Lol

So I haven’t quite platinumed the R3make quite yet but I did bust out the ol GameCube last night and started a play through of the original RE3.

For some comparison, a lot of fans, including myself, have felt the beginning half of the remake felt a bit static at certain points... but I’ve also noticed that the same can be said for the original at times as well. Regardless, one thing I think they should have added into the remake was more citizens running through the streets trying to escape or being attacked. Even having scenarios where you could maybe choose to help some of them in tight spots could have added a bit more to the very beginning of the game when the outbreak begins to spread.

Mr.R

One thing I would like to point out, after playing RE3R all these last few days is how good the facial animation is in this game. Even better than RE2R (as beautiful as RE2R is, sometimes there is an odd facial expression here and there...especially when Claire smiles...). The way the characters react and their face expresses this is amazing in RE3, really amazing. It feels like a long way since they started using these graphics, in RE7. I mean, as beautiful as 7 is, there are a lot of weird facial expressions in that game (I'm looking at you, Mia) and it's so cool to see it how they evolved in such a short time.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Right now this guy holds the record speed run for R3make on standard mode.

PC gamers are always on another level. :lol:

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That is a great run through. These guys are making me rethink my gaming tactics and are fun to watch. As good as they are, it’s fun to hear/see them sweat it out at certain intense points.

Personally I’m a slow gamer and feel the need to pick up and unlock every single item in all the locations and kill damn near every enemy regardless of how many times I’ve played the game. :lol:

Last edited:

Mr.R

Personally I’m a slow gamer and feel the need to pick up and unlock every single item in all the locations and kill damn near every enemy regardless of how many times I’ve played the game. :lol:

*High five*

That's actually me. I always pick all itens, even if I don't need them (I like to see all the areas in the map with that beautiful blue color) and to kill most enemies, so they don't bother me later...........and because I like it xD
That's why I'm so bad at speed running!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Yeah I've got the same problem... I always want to pick up ALL the herbs and mix them all together, but I always end up with a chest full of unused 5-7 green+red herb mixes....

Top Bottom