• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

mert20004

Recently come across this; an interesting take on resident evil.

Anyone have more ideas? I have mine, let me share them here:

Re0

What if billy and rebecca failed to stop marcus / queen leech and they both died?

Recv

What if alexia decided to experiment on alfred with t-veronica instead of alexander?

What if steve survived and escaped with claire and chris from antarctic base?

Darkside chronicles

What if krauser didnt injure his arm and didnt become evil?

Rerev

What if parker, jessica and raymond died during the terragrigia panic?

Re5

What if jill didnt get captured by wesker in lost in nightmares?

What if josh didnt save sheva's life in time when her gun got jammed?

Marhawa desire ( Re6 prequel manga )

What if ricky killed himself with his gun and chris didnt reach to him in time?

What if merah survived and escaped with chris and piers from marhawa academy?

Re6

What if jake's mom was alive during re6's events?

What if chris and piers died during their edonia operation from carla's trap? Or what if only one of them died?

What if jake and sherry didnt get captured by carla and her men in edonia and they reached to simmons instead?

What if carla didnt contact ada under the guise of simmons to invite her to her submarine?

What if simmons didnt capture deborah to force helena to do his bidding and instead released c-virus gas immediately on tall oaks?

What if leon and helena died during tall oaks incident? Or what if only one of them died?

What if piers survived and escaped with chris from neo-umbrella's underwater facility?

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@mert20004
I'd say, anything that somehow takes Chris and/or Claire out of the picture before CV and stops them from going to Antarctica would inevitably result in Alexia ruling the world by the beginning of the 21st century.

I think you should make a separate thread about this, though, because those are some very interesting questions both in the video and your post, and I'm itching to give my thoughts on every single one of them.

mert20004

Just want to say that; ı like leon's injured design in re2 remake, it reminds me of his re4 design somewhat which is cool:

resident-evil-2-speedrunning-3.jpg

latest

D

Deleted member 21244

Just find this new video about resident evil 2 that show some interesting Easter eggs i didn't even know about, like the one of lottie from revelations 2
Some interesting info on development, the fact that sound effect were made whit new techniques and are probably one of the best in game history, and some unused concept like the one of the wolf and eagle emblem from the original game that were changed into key but never made into the final game, or the unused cooperative moment between leon and Claire and an alligator real boss fight

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm thinking about what the odds are for RE3 remake to get delayed or cancelled in certain countries because of the Covid-19 outbreak. Because unfortunately, there are always politicians everywhere that don't understand sh*t about video games or entertainment, and they might be thinking that anything that deals with a "virus outbreak" is too offensive in today's situation.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm thinking about what the odds are for RE3 remake to get delayed or cancelled in certain countries because of the Covid-19 outbreak. Because unfortunately, there are always politicians everywhere that don't understand sh*t about video games or entertainment, and they might be thinking that anything that deals with a "virus outbreak" is too offensive in today's situation.
There actually zero odds for the remake to be delayed, i m from Italy, and right now in my country politician try whit every effort to make us stay at home, and playing video games is one of the many things that many people here are doing to pass time at home, so a new game is always a benefit right now ...

Corona virus pandemic and resident evil are two completely different things, i don't see why someone should be offended by a zombie outbreak, they should cancel every the walking dead future episode than, i think it's very unlikely, since it's not offending anyone here... I just hope that i manage to get my copy whitout delay or else

Awebb

Corona virus pandemic and resident evil are two completely different things, i don't see why someone should be offended by a zombie outbreak

That is unfortunately wishful thinking. People can be offended by anything and they will. After the logo of the biocompany in Wuhan went viral, one of the mods of the Resident Evil subreddit not only asked people to refrain from further comments about Corona = T-Virus, but also threattened to perma-ban everyone who did so and called this human coping mechanism "disgusting". They eventually ruddered back and reposted the PSA with a different wording, but that one mod was so upset it wasn't pleasent to watch.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That is unfortunately wishful thinking. People can be offended by anything and they will. After the logo of the biocompany in Wuhan went viral, one of the mods of the Resident Evil subreddit not only asked people to refrain from further comments about Corona = T-Virus, but also threattened to perma-ban everyone who did so and called this human coping mechanism "disgusting". They eventually ruddered back and reposted the PSA with a different wording, but that one mod was so upset it wasn't pleasent to watch.
Lol, did he really?? Wow...What an easily offended little b*tch. People nowadays are just sad...

Awebb

Lol, did he really?? Wow...What an easily offended little b*tch. People nowadays are just sad...

I don't mind some moderate moderation, if you pardon the pun, but I really get offended by people who take offense. The word "offensive" has replaced a plethora of useful adjectives in the English langauge. People are no longer insulted, troubled, shocked and disgusted, they don't disagree and certainly don't have different opinions anymore. They're just offended if they think they might not like something.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't mind some moderate moderation, if you pardon the pun, but I really get offended by people who take offense. The word "offensive" has replaced a plethora of useful adjectives in the English langauge. People are no longer insulted, troubled, shocked and disgusted, they don't disagree and certainly don't have different opinions anymore. They're just offended if they think they might not like something.
I can agree with most of this. Pretty much everything but the first part. And its not even that I disagree with the first part...it's just that what's considered "Moderate Moderation" is going to vary person to person. And that's definitely a discussion worth having. What is too much vs. not enough when it comes to that. However, I think in this instance, a moderator cracking down on a joke about a companies logo, is quite ridiculous. But again, a discussion worth having.

Awebb

It looks like they had this discussion internally. Mods from other places chimed in, too. The original threat-thread isn't there anymore and has been replaced by a simple note, that despite being funny to some there is an actual pandemic with people dying going on and that people should take this into consideration. They've also "retired" the Corona topic, because every second thread had been about it and, although Corona sure sounds like something Umbrella could have made, it's still a Resident Evil board (with no sections, so Off-Topic gets in the way).

I've been a mod/admin/referee/janitor in different online places on and off since ca. 1999 and I know the job can be a PITA.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It looks like they had this discussion internally. Mods from other places chimed in, too. The original threat-thread isn't there anymore and has been replaced by a simple note, that despite being funny to some there is an actual pandemic with people dying going on and that people should take this into consideration. They've also "retired" the Corona topic, because every second thread had been about it and, although Corona sure sounds like something Umbrella could have made, it's still a Resident Evil board (with no sections, so Off-Topic gets in the way).

I've been a mod/admin/referee/janitor in different online places on and off since ca. 1999 and I know the job can be a PITA.
People dying or not, I don't find that to be a reason to stifle comedy. I'm of the opinion there is no such thing as too far. People can disagree, and that is fine, but I think there's a fine line between jokes and reality. For example, somebody can make a pedophile joke... That doesn't mean they actually want to f kids in real life. It's all about context, Which to be fair, does change when there is only text and not tone involved, like the internet so often provides.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The weirdest thing about this situation is that the Umbrella logo company isn't even in Wuhan. If you look at the picture, it says it is in Shanghai right beneath it. It is just a funny coincidence that a place with the blue Umbrella logo is in China at all. It is a manufactured meme for people to say WOW at. I am not sure it is offensive in nature at all.

I have a friend who works for a big Wall Street group in New York and they had to have sensitivity training about Corona issues. My friend, Neil, actually works in the Conference Division and is not directly linked to the Trading Floor people, but he had to attend the training anyway. Apparently, these trades are making insane profits off of Corona related products and the dropping economies of multiple countries - but still, they were advised to not make a big deal off of their massive success because they are profiting on the backs of people dying. In this instance, sure, be sensitive - from an HR standpoint, I get it. But the blue Umbrella meme? Not a big deal unless someone says something ridiculously racist in conjunction with it.

D

Deleted member 21244

Well it happened in the end, it look like resident evil 3 as been delayed to April 30 in Italy, at least it's physical copy, digital should release on april 3 at least i hope so
No official confirmation from capcom yet but Amazon already send an email yo all thr people who preordered the game, telling them that the game will be delivered on may 5th

No surprising since due to the corona virus every gamestop shop is closed as well as other game retailers, so it was obvious that the phisical edition would have been delayed

I'll go digital than, first time ever, never buyed a game at d1 digitally

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Well it happened in the end, it look like resident evil 3 as been delayed to April 30 in Italy, at least it's physical copy, digital should release on april 3 at least i hope so
I fear the same for Sweden, we have a pretty vulnerable job market here so I think the delay will happen here as well.

Digital will definitely still be on April 3, since you don't need labour to package and send it to you. :lol:

Awebb

You think they'll release the game, if the biggest chunk of the pre-orders cannot be satisfied due to shipping problems?

D

Deleted member 21244

You think they'll release the game, if the biggest chunk of the pre-orders cannot be satisfied due to shipping problems?
I don't know if they have problem shipping but the Biggest problem is the fact that in my country all game store are closed so it will be useless for capcom to release the game phiscally on april 3rd

Top Bottom