• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Oh ****. So you've only got one shot before you have to do the G3 fight again. (I swear that and G2 were the most annoying hardcore fights.)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh ****. So you've only got one shot before you have to do the G3 fight again. (I swear that and G2 were the most annoying hardcore fights.)

Yeah :/ G2 I beat 95% of the time anymore and so far I think I'm 5/7 in my matches against G3. I keep getting 1 shot my Tyrant so I'm taking another break lol. I think I'm going to need to watch some videos because I don't last long enough to wait out the rocket launcher.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
When the Tyrant goes for his one-hit-kill, shoot the heart to stop him! Do not try to evade, it's almost impossible.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah :/ G2 I beat 95% of the time anymore and so far I think I'm 5/7 in my matches against G3. I keep getting 1 shot my Tyrant so I'm taking another break lol. I think I'm going to need to watch some videos because I don't last long enough to wait out the rocket launcher.

With the Super Tyrant, all you need to do is stun him three times. This can be achieved with 3 grenades, as one grenade equals one stun. Or like I did it, shotgun his chest 9 times. From my experience, 3 shots from a shotgun hurts him, could be more depending on accuracy and how far you are. Once you've done that, make sure you have a flash bang or grenade, so you can stop him from doing his instakill move. As soon as you block that, Ada will throw the rocket launcher.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
With the Super Tyrant, all you need to do is stun him three time. This can be achieved with 3 grenades, as one grenade equals one stun. Or like I did it, shotgun his chest 9 times. From my experience, 3 shots from a shotgun hurts him, could be more depending on accuracy and how far you are. Once you've done that, make sure you have a flash bang or grenade, so you can stop him from doing his instakill move. As soon as you block that, Ada will throw the rocket launcher.

Sweet, this might work. I'm pretty sure I have 3 grenades and I still have some shotgun ammo so I will have to try this strategy next time I play.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've been watching Distortion speed run for a while. If you want a little more personality though, go for Bawkbasoup :D

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well after several infuriating tries, Turo's strategy finally worked and I got my S with 1 hr 47. Now to do Claire's on hardcore but hoping it's easier with the LE-5.

Reactions: Jen

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Same friend who thought he didn't need the shotgun for Chris in REmake 1: "I just finished REmake 2 for the first time on Assisted, only took me 8 hours, I died a few times and can't remember the layout of the RPD at all. Time to take on my S+ run on Hardcore for the unlimited rocket launcher!"

Me (again):

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Agreed. I covered every nook and cranny on my first assisted run and I'm pretty sure it was less than 5 hours.
I think I came in right at five hours for my first run of RE2 Remake, which was on assisted. But I went through every nook and cranny, got every weapon, every upgrade, file and developed all of the film - which included coming back to the RPD from the sewers, of course. Have no idea how it took him eight hours!

And @ your other post: Yes, it is MUCH easier with the LE5. I love my LE5 and find myself taking it out of the box even when I don't mean to. I'll probably never unlock the mini gun or the rocket launcher, lol.

Turo602

The King of Kings
S+ Hardcore Ranks are actually pretty easy if you're familiar enough with the game to cut corners and speed run. I actually never played Hardcore mode just to beat it. I jumped straight into my S+ Ranks.

It seems intimidating, but once you see it as 4 smaller speed runs, it's totally manageable, because all you're really doing is speed running from one save to the next. For me, it was before the 1st Birkin fight, at the sewers for Leon/before heading to the Orphanage as Claire, and at the lab.

Leon's Hardcore S+ Rank is a lot easier than Claire's though, since he gets lots of shotgun ammo, which is good for quickly dispatching some necessary zombies and the flamethrower, which you can almost entirely rely on for Stage 2 Birkin, the Ivy Zombies, and Stage 3 Birkin. The infinite knife is also your best friend since you can kill most downed zombies with it to save ammo, not to mention, you can defeat Stage 1 Birkin with it with nothing more than a grenade and three flash bangs. Which makes all the other spare knives useful for escaping unnecessary grabs.

Claire's is a little tougher, but I managed to do the sewers and lab in one clean run. It really helps to save your flame and acid rounds, which shouldn't be too tough since you literally never have to kill a single licker, and never have to waste any on 1st and 4th Birkin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen

Mr.R

Okay, finally managed to beat Ghost Survival with Ghost. (I had completed the other two, but Ghost was giving me some trouble). Now, gonna finally try a hardcore run (mostly for practice, and then try a speedrun. I suck at speedruns). Also might as well give Tofu and No Way Out some tries.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
S+ Hardcore Ranks are actually pretty easy if you're familiar enough with the game to cut corners and speed run. I actually never played Hardcore mode just to beat it. I jumped straight into my S+ Ranks.

It seems intimidating, but once you see it as 4 smaller speed runs, it's totally manageable, because all you're really doing is speed running from one save to the next. For me, it was before the 1st Birkin fight, at the sewers for Leon/before heading to the Orphanage as Claire, and at the lab.

Leon's Hardcore S+ Rank is a lot easier than Claire's though, since he gets lots of shotgun ammo, which is good for quickly dispatching some necessary zombies and the flamethrower, which you can almost entirely rely on for Stage 2 Birkin, the Ivy Zombies, and Stage 3 Birkin. The infinite knife is also your best friend since you can kill most downed zombies with it to save ammo, not to mention, you can defeat Stage 1 Birkin with it with nothing more than a grenade and three flash bangs. Which makes all the other spare knives useful for escaping unnecessary grabs.

Claire's is a little tougher, but I managed to do the sewers and lab in one clean run. It really helps to save your flame and acid rounds, which shouldn't be too tough since you literally never have to kill a single licker, and never have to waste any on 1st and 4th Birkin.

Looking back, my Leon run could've been S+ because I took the infinite SE out thinking I would use it but as the game progressed I found that I really didn't fight much of anything other than bosses so there was no need for it :/ just I shame I didn't realize it sooner. But oh well.

Top Bottom