• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Actually, about that "outfits were part of the original game" thing... I wasn't planning to be a smartass here, but since this has come up several times already, my inner perfectionist won't let me go to bed until I clear it up: The original RE2 had exactly one extra costume for Claire and two for Leon. The remake gives them new default outfits, but also remakes of their classic attires as unlockables, plus Leon's casual jacket from the beginning of the game, so that once again makes three outfits in total for Leon and two for Claire - not counting the DLC and the new option to start the game in alternate versions of their default and remade outfits, such as Claire without the jacket and wounded Leon. Ada and Sherry now also have two outfits each, so even without the DLC, we still have the same amount or even more per character than we did before.

Some of those outfits were already in the original game as part of story progression, just not unlockable costumes. So they're not exactly new. Leon and Claire's new outfits were also just revamps of their standard outfits, and Leon's new casual outfit is a throwback to 1.5 but again, story related. These aren't exactly special costumes aside from the original costumes. So while it may be more outfits, those are just kind of standard to the story.

But even if we want to compare, this new remake is severely lacking in its campaigns compared to the original. I love this game, but it's not exactly boasting much over the original other than it's a modern experience, but the rest is kind of neutered.

Like I mentioned before, in the original, you had to get to the police station without picking up any items to get Brad Vickers to appear, then kill him, and obtain the costume key. In the remake, we get a poster and have to pay to unlock the costumes. That's definitely watered down by comparison.

At least with RE5 when they had DLC costumes, it was actually extra content because it came out a whole year later and the game itself had its own set of unlockable costumes. Though to be fair, RE5 wasn't exactly clean of Capcom's shady ways as their was the whole on disc DLC thing with them charging extra for versus mode which was already on the disc.

And yeah, games are totally becoming more expensive, at least for PC. Just ten years ago, a brandnew PC game would usually cost something between 40 and 50 € over here, now it's between 50 and 60, the same as console games, and that's just for the naked standard edition. But as a hobby, gaming isn't really that expensive when you put it into perspective. People spend hundreds and more on concerts, fancy restaurants, and other one-time experiences that they will have nothing but memories of at the end of the day, whereas a game you bought once can be replayed as many times as you wish. At least, that's what I tell people who try to bully me for preferring video games over costly outings.

Yeah, gaming isn't really that expensive. At least not like it used to be back when prices weren't regulated. But I think 60 dollars is a fair price for a brand new video game, though, I definitely miss when they were 50. Not that I pay full price for most games anyway... But as a console peasant, I've always wondered why PC games were always cheaper than on consoles. Are they even physical these days?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@Jonipoon I'm afraid we're going off-topic with The Sims, so I replied here.

But even if we want to compare, this new remake is severely lacking in its campaigns compared to the original. I love this game, but it's not exactly boasting much over the original other than it's a modern experience, but the rest is kind of neutered.

Like I mentioned before, in the original, you had to get to the police station without picking up any items to get Brad Vickers to appear, then kill him, and obtain the costume key. In the remake, we get a poster and have to pay to unlock the costumes. That's definitely watered down by comparison.

Sure, I won't argue against that. I've made an entire thread about how the campaigns are poorly designed and don't add up, and that's still my number one issue with this remake. But I don't care that we no longer have to meet certain in-game requirements to get the new outfits every single time we play, in fact I'm happy they changed that. Unlocking outfits once should be enough to always use them whenever you feel like it. And maybe Brad not appearing simply means that the developers have different plans for him in a potential RE3 remake.

But as a console peasant, I've always wondered why PC games were always cheaper than on consoles. Are they even physical these days?

No idea why they used to be cheaper. When I got into gaming, I assumed maybe consoles provide the "true" gaming experience, with better graphics, higher frame rate, etc., but nowadays even I know that this is rubbish and a properly equipped PC will always make consoles look old no matter what, so... yeah, your guess is as good as mine. I can't really answer the other question either, simply because the last time I ordered a physical copy of a game was back in 2013 when I was still relatively new to Steam. (It was the Tomb Raider reboot.) Nowadays all the games I play are 100% digital.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Kind of a PSA: If you skip out on picking up the grenade launcher in the weapons locker, it appears at the lab in the room you put Sherry in on the table where the flame rounds usually are.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You mean that Claire's shadow has no head? That happens in The Sims 4, too! :lol: Not the shadow, I never paid attention to that, but when you switch back to the normal view, it can sometimes happen that the sim you were just possessing will run around headless for a few seconds.

I suppose they remove the head from the model in 1st person view to avoid clipping with the camera.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’m in the middle of playing Hardcore (with the infinite ammo Samurai Edge) kind of stressing about the boss fights with this difficulty. Getting ready have a go with Birkin for the first round.

Update: ok that wasn’t quite as bad seeing as one bite from a zombie puts your health at “danger” I thought the bosses would be like insta kills. :lol:

But they don’t let up when they’re on you.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I’m in the middle of playing Hardcore (with the infinite ammo Samurai Edge) kind of stressing about the boss fights with this difficulty. Getting ready have a go with Birkin for the first round.

Update: ok that wasn’t quite as bad seeing as one bite from a zombie puts your health at “danger” I thought the bosses would be like insta kills. :lol:

But they don’t let up when they’re on you.

Nice. I can generally make it at least to G2, if not the lab, before dying the first time. Still working on my hardcore win as well.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Nice. I can generally make it at least to G2, if not the lab, before dying the first time. Still working on my hardcore win as well.
Freaking G2 is the worst kind of asshole on hardcore. He's a big mean poopie head who just won't stay down and let the crane hit him. And on top of that, your fight area is entirely too small for his wide swings and leaping attacks.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
o_O
I’m not looking forward to that at all...
It gets worse. The G3 fight is no picnic on hardcore either. I hardly had any ammo, except for my unlimited samurai edge, and 3 acid rounds.

And yes, I did my hardcore runs with unlimited ammo. Did I get the mini gun or the rocket launcher? No. But did I get the LE5? You bet your ass.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
This game is so friggin addicting. It’s been a while where a game made me want to play it back to back after completing it a couple times. It’s like once you get on a roll with solving clues and figuring out where you need to go and what you need to do, you don’t want to turn it off.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Fun fact: Acid rounds for Claire and the Flame Thrower for Leon absolutely destroys G-3. Just something to keep in mind if you do repeated playthroughs :p

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm thinking about how much I want this remake:

wBKE94n.png

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It gets worse. The G3 fight is no picnic on hardcore either. I hardly had any ammo, except for my unlimited samurai edge, and 3 acid rounds.

And yes, I did my hardcore runs with unlimited ammo. Did I get the mini gun or the rocket launcher? No. But did I get the LE5? You bet your ass.

I've finally gotten to G3 and have fought him 3 times I think but I've died every time. Taking a break for now but I'll likely return to the game later. Funny thing is I have tons of ammo for my shotgun and flamethrower (never went back for the magnum in order to save time) but I have no grenades. I always get to where the eyes in his chest are exposed and red but then he kills me again.

By the way, when you did the Super Tyrant right, did you wait out the time or did you manage to damage him to get the rocket launcher? I've read that you can wait and not damage him but I don't know if I really want to try on hardcore lol.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've finally gotten to G3 and have fought him 3 times I think but I've died every time. Taking a break for now but I'll likely return to the game later. Funny thing is I have tons of ammo for my shotgun and flamethrower (never went back for the magnum in order to save time) but I have no grenades. I always get to where the eyes in his chest are exposed and red but then he kills me again.

By the way, when you did the Super Tyrant right, did you wait out the time or did you manage to damage him to get the rocket launcher? I've read that you can wait and not damage him but I don't know if I really want to try on hardcore lol.
You can wait and not damage him, I've seen a video of someone doing it. I damaged him, though and would recommend it depending on where you're at time wise and would like your ranking to be. If you're good on time, wait it out.

Be prepared, though as it takes two shots from the rocket launcher to kill him on hardcore.

As for G3, I watched this speedrun where the guy used a few grenades and a damn knife. (He also used a few high powered rounds but I'm sure if you have the flamethrower and a bunch of ammo you should be fine.) This **** was crazy though. If you're in need of grenades there should be two near your fight area, one near a dead USS soldier as soon as you entered the West Area and one in the G3 fight arena across from the flamethrower fuel.

Apparently the knife should be bowed down to in this game. I mean I used it to kill G4 on my hardcore run with Claire.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
You can wait and not damage him, I've seen a video of someone doing it. I damaged him, though and would recommend it depending on where you're at time wise and would like your ranking to be. If you're good on time, wait it out.

Be prepared, though as it takes two shots from the rocket launcher to kill him on hardcore.

As for G3, I watched this speedrun where the guy used a few grenades and a damn knife. (He also used a few high powered rounds but I'm sure if you have the flamethrower and a bunch of ammo you should be fine.) This **** was crazy though. If you're in need of grenades there should be two near your fight area, one near a dead USS soldier as soon as you entered the West Area and one in the G3 fight arena across from the flamethrower fuel.

Apparently the knife should be bowed down to in this game. I mean I used it to kill G4 on my hardcore run with Claire.

Nice! I did manage to beat g3 couple times thanks to the flamethrower but both times Tyrant has killed me and I've already used my last (3rd) save. As for time, just before fighting G3 I'm sitting at 1.5 hours so I have plenty of time I just feel that I'm not so good at dodging :/ I suppose it's worth a shot though. Maybe I'll just load my inventory up with heals and go for it.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Where did you use your third save? And just make sure that you're reloading your game from the main menu when you die because if you continue or load from the You Are Dead screen it eats up time.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Where did you use your third save? And just make sure that you're reloading your game from the main menu when you die because if you continue or load from the You Are Dead screen it eats up time.

Yeah I learned that a while ago thankfully lol. And I used my first one before Ada's segment, my second one before G2 and my third one before G3.

Top Bottom