• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just glued legs to my roommates Thyme for cooking. Sat it at the door. Cracked the door. And called her saying I need her help. She came out of her bedroom. I told her “I think your thyme is running out”

Happy Thanksgiving

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I finally got my Christmas shopping done today. Oh, and I made sure to wear my DareDevil shirt to GameStop (because of course that's where I got it all done, SPOILER: it's all gift cards) so I could break the awesome news to the clerk, who's a huge Spider-Man fan that I was ecstatic to come back from a long ass shift at work myself to... Charlie Cox is reportedly reprising his DareDevil role in Spider-Man 3.

tenor.gif

As if I couldn't get any more excited with the news of the original and TASM cast joining in (along with Alfred Molina returning as Otto Octavius) for what's sure to lead up to a live-action Into the Spider-verse movie, which will in itself be awesome, now we have Matt Murdock becoming Peter's lawyer in the next movie reprised by none other than Charlie Cox.

I'll admit, I don't have the same enthusiasm I once did for the MCU (probably because most of the original cast is gone), but these two things piqued my interest like no other upcoming Marvel film other than say, Deadpool 3 and the long-anticipated X-Men and Fantastic Four MCU debuts/reboots, which are pretty far off, anyway. The animated Spider-verse movie was great and couldn't wait to see the inevitable live-action version and now, we finally get that Spidey-DareDevil onscreen crossover that fans have been wanting for ages. Sure, it'll be a lighter-hearted role than we were used to seeing from the Netflix series (it's Spider-Man, after all), but it'll be worth it for that reason alone and for getting to see Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock (at least) one more time, and on the big screen.

I already knew the DareDevil Netlix show was part of the MCU because of Foggy Nelson namedropping Captain America and because of this screengrab, but now, we finally get to see the first of the Netflix-movie crossovers, and they couldn't have picked a better one to kick things off. This is the most obvious choice because, aside from fanboy nostalgia, Matt can use his senses to prove the Jonah Jameson Mysterio clip at the end of FFH was doctored which She-Hulk can't and basic logic dictates Aunt May is gonna get Peter the best damn lawyer money can buy to clear his name, and who better than Matt Murdock? Any script that would get anyone else to defend Peter is living in an alternate reality, simple as that.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@KManX89 The new Spider-Man might be the only upcoming MCU film that I’ll watch in theatres (granted that theatres will be open). MCU films in recent years (ca 2016-now) have become overstuffed with silly jokes that destroy epic moments, as well as political nonsense that makes your eyes roll all the way back into your brain. But I have to admit that the thought of seeing all 3 Spider-Man actors suit up together is f**king fantastic.

I have no interest in seeing the Disneyfied version of Deadpool, and I’ll spare myself from all the goofiness that is bound to appear in their X-men and Fantastic Four. No thanks.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
@KManX89 The new Spider-Man might be the only upcoming MCU film that I’ll watch in theatres (granted that theatres will be open). MCU films in recent years (ca 2016-now) have become overstuffed with silly jokes that destroy epic moments, as well as political nonsense that makes your eyes roll all the way back into your brain. But I have to admit that the thought of seeing all 3 Spider-Man actors suit up together is f**king fantastic.

I have no interest in seeing the Disneyfied version of Deadpool, and I’ll spare myself from all the goofiness that is bound to appear in their X-men and Fantastic Four. No thanks.

I'm with you to a point. Their best days are clearly behind them, especially with all, or should I say most of the original cast gone, but seeing all 3 Spider-Men together does catch my eye as does seeing Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock as Peter's lawyer or even just seeing him suit up one last time, even in a cameo role, and on the big screen. Like I said before, he has perks that She-Hulk doesn't with his senses.

As for Deadpool 3, they said it's staying R-rated (they'll probably just name 20th Century Studios as the distributor to avoid any red tape), which I'm of course relieved to hear (I adopt the age-old philosophy of if it ain't broke, don't fix it; Expendables 3, anyone?), but Disney entering the picture and new writers (I hate that Reese and Wernick aren't coming back) means it'll probably deviate from the formula a bit. Hopefully not too much (again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it), I guess we'll have to wait and see. It'll be interesting to see what merger jokes Ryan Reynolds makes and how, or rather if they'll incorporate him into the greater MCU or not.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm with you to a point. Their best days are clearly behind them, especially with all, or should I say most of the original cast gone, but seeing all 3 Spider-Men together does catch my eye as does seeing Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock as Peter's lawyer or even just seeing him suit up one last time, even in a cameo role, and on the big screen. Like I said before, he has perks that She-Hulk doesn't with his senses.

True. Thing is, my gut tells me that they'll undoubtedly ruin great speeches with silly jokes just for the sake of making the audience laugh. One of the worst examples from Far From Home was Peter's voiceover speech after defeating Mysterio, when he says something like "I was tired of all the lies, and now its time for the truth to come out." and then the speech is totally ruined with Peter saying directly to aunt May and Happy: "Are you two dating?"

I can imagine the pitch meetings at Marvel Studios being something like this:

"So tell me, how many jokes do we have in this scene now?"
"37."
"Do you think we could cram in one more?"

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Report: Sony Pictures is currently developing 3 movies and 7 TV shows based on videogames under their PlayStation Productions label.

It'll be "interesting" see how they incorporate the car death matches in the Twisted Metal TV series at the very least. Obviously the whole "kill all the other drivers, advance to the next stage, rinse and repeat" format from the games won't work in live-action, so I'm anxious to see exactly how they'll pull that off. Also curious to see what they'll do for character stories, I assume Sweet Tooth will have his usual serial killer arc?

And can't wait for The Last of Us, that game was tailor-made for a movie or show. It'll probably work better as a TV series because then they won't have to condense the story, which is a major reason why so many videogame adaptations fail.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just finished watching Godzilla: King of the Monsters with Harmony, and at the end, when all the monsters are bowing before Godzilla, she started to bow too. She looks over at me, and with tears in her eyes says “Dude, what are doing!” Pushes my head down “Bow.” I have never loved this child more

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Man, just when I've been treated to the best news in the world that Trump has cost Republicans the presidency, House and Senate in one term with Dems taking BOTH Georgia Senate seats today, today was a proud showing of what happens when you elect a malignant narcissist and petulant manchild to even one term in office. We've been saying for months he's been trying to stage a coup, and well, it finally happened. Because these idiots take his words as f*cking gospel and actually believe his sad delusions of grandeur that the election was somehow "stolen" from him which Trump has failed to prove 60 f*cking times now, even by his own judges in some cases and hell, SC justices.

For all that is good in the world, they need to invoke the 25th, Twitter needs to ban his ass permanently and Donnie Dumb Dumb needs to be imprisoned now with this added to the ever-growing list of charges. They might actually be helping their party's chances down the line because he and his MAGAT cult are making them look pretty spineless in the public's eye. Trump and Mitch already cost them the runoffs (and the Senate in the process) by rejecting the $2k stimulus and the Georgia call, and now his cult have probably ensured people won't vote for these lunatics again anytime soon.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't want to get overly political because I know we have members of varying political stances and beliefs, but yesterdays events were a disaster. We need to find a way to calm people down before this becomes more common. We need to unite as country and even globally. But bad politicians make it hard... and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

D

Deleted member 21244

I was looking forward for the medium , but after watching this gameplay i was a bit disappointed, graphic look from the ps3/xbox360 era and it's running on an Xbox series x and it's even exclusive Making it more disappointing, and the gameplay seems OK but nothing that interesting, it took a lot from other game like deat stranding, silent hill, and resident evi but don't deliver anything new besides walking trought the two worlds

Hania

I'm a shopaholic and I can't help it. It's family with us. Maybe if I wanted to do something about it, I would do something, but it doesn't bother me enough to want to do something about it. Apart from the fact that I am buying a lot of clothes, cosmetics, etc., I also like to buy various things in games, such as OSRS gold. When I Buy OSRS gold my need to buy is satisfied. Buy OSRS gold is my "healer" because then I spend less gold than I would spend in a normal store. When I Buy OSRS gold, I meet all my internal needs when it comes to buying. I buy and gold- everything that makes me happy

Last edited:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
My spending habits have been out of control the last couple months. I usually have more self control and more limits but lately I find myself saying “screw it” since I work all the damn time and feel the need to treat myself in some way. I need to find a cheaper hobby.
But let me ask, who can say no when they go to a clearance center and find name brand clothes and accessories for even less than half the original price?! You can’t.
I really REALLY don't like shopping. I'm the sort who just goes in, gets what I really must and then leaves again asap. The only time I really enjoy is if I'm at something like a farmer's market or a gift fair at Christmas time. But brands don't interest me in the slightest - to me, unless you have it literally emblazoned across your clothing, no one will even know you are wearing *insert brand here*. I'm just too old to care, I guess.

My daughter despairs of me... :LOL:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
@Rain611 Agreed. I hate shopping/spending money.
Yea, I'm super bad about this. My parents never bought me anything as I kid and I always had hand-me-down clothes. Even now in my 30s, I hate spending money on myself. When I'm crafting and stuff (I am working on a Death Stranding cosplay), I am always looking for the cheapest prices and feel bad when I spend a lot of money on materials. If my husband is with me he will straight up tell me to buy whatever I need because we can afford it and I like making cosplays. Idk, its just hard for me to be ok with spending money if I don't have to.

Also all my pants are frayed at the bottom because I've had them all for decades. I finally decided since I have a good job I might try to buy some nicer clothes at some point. But that hasn't happened yet lol. Probably won't because we're trying to buy a house now.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well - now we HAVE to see your cosplay! I always wanted to do it, but there is a lack of well known bearded ginger men out there and I dont plan on shaving any time soon. I think Ganondorf would look striking with a full beard. And I guess Derek Simmons, but who would even recognize a B-tier RE villain? haha.

I dont like the idea of shopping or trying on clothes. But I do shop on Gamestop.com a LOT. Trying to get great deals and keep it in business however I can feels good.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Rain611 Oh I never shop for clothes unless it's an emergency. Not only do I hate spending the money but no matter how much stuff I have, it will all boil down to a favorite outfit, or two, and that will be what I wear the majority of the time.

I hate spending money so much that it literally gives me anxiety to spend a lot of money at one time. I immediately get buyers guilt and think of all the ways I could have better utilized that money and weigh whether I really needed what I spent the money on or not.

I don't think my fiance really knew what he was getting into until I started organizing the wedding and paying for things. I mean he knew, we've lived together for three years, but I don't think he fully understood how deep it went.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I hate spending money so much that it literally gives me anxiety to spend a lot of money at one time.
Yep, I still get this a lot. Its good for budgets though I guess lol.

- now we HAVE to see your cosplay
My cosplay will likely be a long project. I've mostly finished the backpack and I've got a couple brackets made, but I'm not pleased with the quality so I might remake them. I also made a BB harness to pass until I can make a better one. But I don't have a jumpsuit, I really don't want to make one so I will just have to wait and buy one or maybe a rain jacket and pants since I don't actually /like/ jumpsuits in the first place. Then I can alter those with the stripes and stars and whatnot.

Last edited:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Apparently children need regular breaks during their homeschool days and should only take 75 mintues max per lesson for Maths and English - to include the video lessons per subject where they just sit and watch the teacher talk for 45 minutes with constant dumb interruptions from stupid children who think it's like YouTube or something.

So if schools want the kids to get all their work done AND take enough breaks? Stop giving them MOUNTAINS of work to do and expecting it to get done in the remaining half an hour of the time left per lesson. Fourteen powerpoint slides per lesson (badly spelt by teachers, I might add) each with up to 20 questions requiring complex explanations in their answers...30 minutes isn't going to cut it. Oh, and don't forget they have to use their best possible handwriting at all times, read a book a day, do physical activity of at least 30 minutes each day, do Maths, English, spellings, handwriting, comprehension, science/history/geography/personal and social studies and French lessons.

I'm not a teacher, it's not my career choice. It's not like I get paid for this or even want to do it - it hasn't made me want to go to university and get a teaching degree at the end of it all. I haven't discovered my calling here.

I'm just tired, man. This sucks.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
My spending habits have been out of control the last couple months. I usually have more self control and more limits but lately I find myself saying “screw it” since I work all the damn time and feel the need to treat myself in some way. I need to find a cheaper hobby.
But let me ask, who can say no when they go to a clearance center and find name brand clothes and accessories for even less than half the original price?! You can’t.
I thought I was reading my own post for a second lol

I do love clearance centers... but I’ve been bad with the online shopping lately. Those pesky adds that they plaster on social media sites have gotten me.

Top Bottom