• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I've never heard the word "happy trail" before, so I googled it and... yeah, why not. As long as it ends at the bellybutton and leaves the rest of the upper body alone.

I may or may not have learned that term from a Wesker/Chris fanfiction. Lol

Very educational, those fanfictions. ;P

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I saw myself naked and I realize I'm not as covered in hair as I bragged yesterday. :(

I've never heard the word "happy trail" before, so I googled it and... yeah, why not. As long as it ends at the bellybutton and leaves the rest of the upper body alone.

CT: There is a place in the universe where, if we could just walk in there in a straight line, everyone could turn around and see the people walking behind them, but no one could ever see anyone walking in front of them, even if they were only an inch away. Isn't that fascinating?
I'm not sure if you talk about fantasy or theoretical physics, but it's very fascinating either way. :)
Haha you could say that theoretical physics and fantasy are related to one another.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's neither fantasy nor theoretical physics. It's a black hole! (... which some people still claim is theorical physics, but I don't understand why as black holes are clearly real.) The only "fantasy" part about this is that we couldn't actually walk into it just like that, we would get pulled towards the singularity faster than we could turn around and look at the person behind us. But the point is: We could never see what's right before our eyes because even the light of whatever object or person in front of us would be pulled towards the singularity as well, rather than falling back into our eyes. It would be like moving through nothing, even though there's everything right in front of us. Too bad we wouldn't be able to tell anyone about our experience afterwards...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Theoretical physics is not fictional physics, it is real science. In fiction theoretical physics is often used, but that's another matter.

Black holes are so fascinating, and maybe I would have figured out that's what you talked about if you hadn't talked about walking in such a place.

When you enter a black hole, your atoms will get stretched out because the gravity pull is stronger on the part of you that is nearest the black hole. So you'll end up in a long string of atoms.

And you may not get pulled right into the hole, you may circle around at nearly the speed of light, if this happens the centrifugal force will prevent you from falling in. You may circle around like that indefinitely, or get pulled in much sooner.

I have seen TV programs about this. It's very interesting, but I've forgotten so many details.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Theoretical physics is not fictional physics, it is real science. In fiction theoretical physics is often used, but that's another matter.

Really? Sorry, my bad... But what is it that makes it theoretical then? I always assumed theoretical physics was all about... well, theories, as in: Stuff that has yet to be proven.

Black holes are so fascinating, and maybe I would have figured out that's what you talked about if you hadn't talked about walking in such a place.

When you enter a black hole, your atoms will get stretched out because the gravity pull is stronger on the part of you that is nearest the black hole. So you'll end up in a long string of atoms.

Well, I did say: If we could just walk in there, implying that we can't. ;)

They call it "spaghettification", and it's the reason we probably won't ever be able to see a black from inside, and live to talk about it. I just can't think of a way how humans could counteract such an enormous gravity.

And you may not get pulled right into the hole, you may circle around at nearly the speed of light, if this happens the centrifugal force will prevent you from falling in. You may circle around like that indefinitely, or get pulled in much sooner.

Exactly, it's the same as with stars, and pretty much everything with a strong gravitational pull. If Interstellar is to be believed (which seems likely, as the film is known for its very accurate depiction of real science), it's entirely possible for a planet to orbit a black hole just as it would a star. Depending on how close the planet is to the black hole, however, I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for humanity to live on it. They might constantly see a big, black spot of nothing in the sky, if there was any light at all, not to mention potential issues with time dilation. How odd it would be for someone to take a vacation on a high mountain, just to discover upon their return that everybody else has aged immensely. (Then again, this could be quite funny...)

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Exactly, it's the same as with stars, and pretty much everything with a strong gravitational pull. If Interstellar is to be believed (which seems likely, as the film is known for its very accurate depiction of real science), it's entirely possible for a planet to orbit a black hole just as it would a star. Depending on how close the planet is to the black hole, however, I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for humanity to live on it. They might constantly see a big, black spot of nothing in the sky, if there was any light at all, not to mention potential issues with time dilation. How odd it would be for someone to take a vacation on a high mountain, just to discover upon their return that everybody else has aged immensely. (Then again, this could be quite funny...)

I'd rather go through a wormhole than a black hole. because wormholes are more stable than Black holes. As how colonel O'Neill would describe it " A black hole is...is really...a big thing. It's uh...basically it's a...massive...hole...out there. And...what happens is, everything gets sucked in to it. Even light. That's why we can't see it. It...just...gets...sucked in..."

While wormholes serve as a bridge between two points. If we were able to create them and stabilized them. Then we would spend less time on space travel. I mean a journey that would take six months in a space shuttle. would take less than 5 seconds through a wormhole.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

Really? Sorry, my bad... But what is it that makes it theoretical then? I always assumed theoretical physics was all about... well, theories, as in: Stuff that has yet to be proven.

Theoretical physics uses mathematical models of physics to explain or predict natural phenomena. This can, by the help of known physical laws, prove things that can't be proven by experiments.
You may find this interesting:
http://www.superstringtheory.com/basics/basic1.html
https://www.ntnu.edu/physics/theoretical
http://www.mn.uio.no/fysikk/english/research/groups/theory/

I had not heard about that film yet, but it sounds interesting. I have also not heard the idea of a planet orbiting a black hole before, but it sounds plausible. After all, black holes are thought to consist of the mass of heavy stars, you could perhaps say that they are still stars, or "dark stars".

Haha, if you take a vacation high up in Himalaya, everyone else will have aged more than you when you return. But only a tiny tiny bit more. But it's very cold and windy up there, bad for the skin. So it might be you who look older afterwards. :p

I'd rather go through a wormhole than a black hole. because wormholes are more stable than Black holes. As how colonel O'Neill would describe it " A black hole is...is really...a big thing. It's uh...basically it's a...massive...hole...out there. And...what happens is, everything gets sucked in to it. Even light. That's why we can't see it. It...just...gets...sucked in..."

While wormholes serve as a bridge between two points. If we were able to create them and stabilized them. Then we would spend less time on space travel. I mean a journey that would take six months in a space shuttle. would take less than 5 seconds through a wormhole.
But you can't have a wormhole without a black hole, as far as I know. It is the immense gravity that creates it.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That's right, a black hole is a star, after it has collapsed under its own weight. The material that creates the black hole is nothing but the material of the star itself, just compressed to a very tiny, dense spot.
Huge amount of mass + high density = insane gravity.

Frankly, I don't believe in wormholes, at least not in the form of black holes. I don't see how you can go "through" a black hole and come back out somewhere else. Even if we ignore the gravitational forces for a moment, a black hole isn't actually a hole. It's also not a tunnel. It's just a very, very tiny clump of mass, as I explained before. The idea of using that as a means of transportation is like running through a solid wall and expecting to come out anywhere else than the room next door. The only thing I can see a black hole doing is transporting you to the so-called "future" (given that you find a way to get out again), but a different point in space? I don't know everything about the subject, so maybe I just don't understand it, but in my imagination, a wormhole would have to be something different from a black hole to achieve that (as it is in Interstellar. Great movie, by the way! I recommend everyone to watch it).

Haha, if you take a vacation high up in Himalaya, everyone else will have aged more than you when you return.

Why is that?

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You guys got me at space :3 A childhood obsession. It's been years since I researched this stuff so I'm feeling embarrassed but hey! I had so much to say and even started typing a few paragraphs but I need to get some sleep because I have a huge appointment today.... and another tomorrow >.< I ended up kept going back to do research on my own LMAO

I just LOOOOVE how this conversation went from talking about sexy stuff like this:

289cdddb5f825b01775475877c1a7768.jpg

To super beautiful stuff like this:

Cygnus_X-1.png

Cygnus X-1 is one of natures true beauties and greatest mysteries. I've always wondered if there were planets orbiting the black hole within the Accretion disk. I think I read somewhere that there could be planets there, or at least some people may believe so. Cygnus X-1 is such an unique binary star system.

I definitely cannot recommended the film Interstellar enough. It's freaking amazing. Jonathan Nolan did hours of research and even consulted with NASA. Some people found the movie very confusing or didn't understand it as it contained some very overly complicated messages and themes. The movie combined a rich narrative, stunning philosophy, and science. In that order actually as the narrative will always override in a Chris Nolan film. It's biggest flaw was probably using two completely different black hole theories that conflict with each other but they serve as a narrative set piece. I'm avoiding that one for now, right now my mind feels like they peeled an the skin off of an orange and put it on an apple. That's not really accurate as it's just a perceptive point of view of how they combined two theories. I don't want to spoil it, but the narrative is strong from this and there will be some tears. One could perceived the two theories were also used to contrast the characters of Coop and Brand, but I don't recall there being enough narrative evidence to support the theory. That being said, understanding it will allow you to basically predict a huge twist in the film and understand it. It's really amazing actually. You should watch it on your next day off :3 It'll give you something to think about and talk about for days :) It's probably my favorite Chris Nolan movie, but I'm a sucker for space, strong narratives, and philosophy :)

Cheer

Kamen Rider
But you can't have a wormhole without a black hole, as far as I know. It is the immense gravity that creates it.

There is a difference between a black hole and a wormhole.

Difference Between Black Hole and Wormhole
Size:
Black holes: A black hole can spread from several kilometers to hundreds of astronomical units.

Wormholes: The diameter of the mouth of a typical wormhole may be around 10-33m.

Evidences/ Existence:
Black holes: Scientists have observed many strong pieces of evidence that confirm the existence of black holes. The first direct detection of black holes was announced on 11/ 02/ 2016. It was the first detection of both gravitational waves and black holes.

Wormholes: Unfortunately, no strong evidence has been observed to date.

Theories/ Concepts:
Black holes: Black holes are found in the theory of special relativity, astrophysics, cosmology.

Wormholes: Wormholes are found in the theory of special relativity, Quantum physics, astrophysics, Particle physics, cosmology.

Importance:
Black holes: Black holes are believed to play an important role in the evolution of the universe. They control many astronomical objects.

Wormholes: If wormholes exist, they could be used as shortcuts to travel even millions of light years within a short period of time. In addition, they would allow backward time traveling. Anyhow, a large amount of exotic matter would be needed to keep them static and unchanging. Another problem is, any entering ordinary matter could make them unstable.

Requirements:
Black holes: Black holes require extremely high mass and energy density.

Wormholes: Negative energy is needed to keep them static and unchanging.

Other Properties:
Black holes: The extremely strong gravitational fields created by black holes, distort the space-time around it. Nothing can escape from them due to the extreme gravity.

Wormholes: They are very small in size and extremely unstable.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I have written a really short story a couple of days ago based on real even. its not a happy one. but i am not quite about how i ended it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
CT: I find it so satisfying when I paint my nails perfectly and they don't smudge or get marks on them. :)

I wouldn't know what that feels like.

I have written a really short story a couple of days ago based on real even. its not a happy one. but i am not quite about how i ended it.

Nice! I kind of know how you are feeling. Not every story is a happy one though.

I wrote a few pages to a "short story" idea a couple days ago. While writing it I felt super accomplished for having written so much (usually after a page or two I struggle writing out ideas). But now I'm starting to feel uncertain about the whole concept and my writing skills in general. My story telling is reallllly out of tune as its been years since I have sat down to write for fun and tell a story with dialogue, rather than research papers.

It's an artistic skill that takes some practice I guess.

Reactions: Jen

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well that's nice. I was just told by a kid that he would like to murder me and he would be happy about me being dead and he says since he won't see me in a while it's okay to jump on me and violate my personal space.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Why is that?
Which why is that?

<<
>>

Altitude: Himalaya was a poor example, instead let's say you spent your vacation in orbit, on a space station or in a high flying plane. Gravity is weaker there, you'll age slower because gravity affects time. Or was it the opposite? I'm quite sleepy, I could need to travel back in time one hour.

Weather/climate: If you went to Himalaya, the cold wind and sun would makes your skin age faster. But as there is little wind in a space station, you wouldn't have that problem there.

I just LOOOOVE how this conversation went from talking about sexy stuff like this:

289cdddb5f825b01775475877c1a7768.jpg

To super beautiful stuff like this:

Cygnus_X-1.png

Cygnus X-1 is one of natures true beauties and greatest mysteries. I've always wondered if there were planets orbiting the black hole within the Accretion disk. I think I read somewhere that there could be planets there, or at least some people may believe so. Cygnus X-1 is such an unique binary star system.
OK, I thought I had gorilla fur on my forearms and legs, but not after seeing that picture. Hel, didn't that picture turn you on? :p

Nice space photo! I need to look up Cygnus X-1.

We went from sexy body hair, to theoretical physics and astronomy, and now Jen is distracting us with her sexy nails! What's next?

There is a difference between a black hole and a wormhole.

Difference Between Black Hole and Wormhole
[....]
I know black holes and wormholes are not the same, what I meant to say was that wormholes (if they exist) depends on black holes, because black holes bends the fabric of space.

But I am referring to my memory only, so I could be mixing up things. I'm not a scientist, just very interested in science.

Well that's nice. I was just told by a kid that he would like to murder me and he would be happy about me being dead and he says since he won't see me in a while it's okay to jump on me and violate my personal space.
Wtf? I hope that was in jest.
The murder part isn't funny, but to "jump one someone to violate their personal space" sounds to me like a funny thing to say.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Which why is that?

<<
>>

Altitude: Himalaya was a poor example, instead let's say you spent your vacation in orbit, on a space station or in a high flying plane. Gravity is weaker there, you'll age slower because gravity affects time. Or was it the opposite? I'm quite sleepy, I could need to travel back in time one hour.

Weather/climate: If you went to Himalaya, the cold wind and sun would makes your skin age faster. But as there is little wind in a space station, you wouldn't have that problem there.

OK, I thought I had gorilla fur on my forearms and legs, but not after seeing that picture. Hel, didn't that picture turn you on? :p

Nice space photo! I need to look up Cygnus X-1.

We went from sexy body hair, to theoretical physics and astronomy, and now Jen is distracting us with her sexy nails! What's next?

I know black holes and wormholes are not the same, what I meant to say was that wormholes (if they exist) depends on black holes, because black holes bends the fabric of space.

But I am referring to my memory only, so I could be mixing up things. I'm not a scientist, just very interested in science.

Wtf? I hope that was in jest.
The murder part isn't funny, but to "jump one someone to violate their personal space" sounds to me like a funny thing to say.

Waaaaaiiiit.... people don't know about Cygnus X-1 and have the balls to speak the word "Black hole"? It was discovered in the 60's but at the time black holes were theories, I think. They were factual by the 90's at the very latest. I knew about Cygnus when I was in grade 2 :p It's famous enough that even the band "Rush" wrote 2 albums in the 70's influenced by it and there's apparently a German trance band I've never heard of named after it. The binary star system was discovered through x-rays and the funny thing is that Stephan Hawking receded his bet on the start system. He believed that there wasn't a black hole involved and he was very, very wrong. I honestly don't even know how Hawking's didn't believe it upon it's discovery, perhaps he had disbelief on the black hole concept and did not believe they existed and seeked other answers.

There's so much I want to reply to here >.> to acknowledge all the awesome things you guys said and errr point out a few things but then I'd be starting a multiple different inter-related conversations.

Top Bottom