• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We got him!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm thinking it's too strange that he was immediately killed, instead of being captured and judged or something (I'm not supporting any of his actions or his beliefs). I am relieved that such a dangerous person was put down. I hope his followers won't try to carry on his actions.
No offense, Bruno my friend, but I think that is just wishful thinking.

In my personal opinion, I think people are celebrating just a tad bit too early, all this "dancing in the street" business and what not. Not saying that killing him was wrong or that there shouldn't be a certain amount of relief at the thought of his death but I think there's a bigger picture to look at here, like cause and effect. We shouldn't get too over zealous because I'm sure that this death isn't the end by any means; maybe a pit stop on the road to the end, but most certainly not the finish line.

Haha, you guys worry too much...everything is good...i mean this can almost be seen as the equivlent of Hitlers death...
I don't believe he deserves that much credit. Terrorism is a terrible thing to be sure but it's not on the same plane as religious genocide; far from.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
@Angel - The government and people of the US are well aware of harsh retaliation being a very likely possibility. Also we aren't stupid enough to believe that just because he's dead, his terrorist regime is done too. You have to remember something, they are human and their morale can be greatly affected by a "figurehead" being taken out. Especially at the start of their spring offensive. I don't believe that someone will be able to take his place as quickly as you may think. Al Qaeda isn't a group that's as organized as you may think. Yes, they have staged elaborate attacks and yes there are many of them but a great deal of it was funded and organized by Bin Laden himself. They are a tribal group and as most have proven, they will fight amongst themselves to vie for control. While it's by no means the final blow, it's still a very hard one.

It seems weird or something is missing because we aren't being told everything. We are being told what we need to know. It's more likely that he wasn't really killed just yesterday, but several days or even a week ago. As for him not being captured alive, it's just much too dangerous or we may have tried. Remember, they believe dying for their god is absolutely the best thing that one can do. Why would he want to be captured? Would you? Could you imagine what would happen if they knew we had him alive? To what lengths they would go to to get him back? It's natural to question something that just seems all too surreal. Hell, people we're ranting that it was actually our government that staged 9/11 and some still believe that non-sense.

I guess he can be compared to Hitler in the sense that him and the other extremists wish to kill anyone who doesn't believe in their views unquestionably. I.E. any religion other than theirs and their specific sect.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Loving how Obama is getting all the credit for this.

The intel that led to the locating of Osama came from, you guessed it, the same Guantanamo Bay the president said he'd shut down during his election tirade..looks like someone had a word in his ear about the usefullness of such a place,or he's went back on yet another one of his promises, he is a politition after all.

I said earlier that the thing this circus will achieve is halt Obama's decline in the polls so i think i'll stick with that one.

Nobody should be worried about a counter attack, the second a foot was set in Afganistan the tit for tat started and will continue until every name on America's hitlist has a line through it.

Nothing will get better nor worse.

It's at this point i'll be turning off the Tv and Radio as the endless supply of '' Osama/obama'' specials fload the airwaves...this stuff is so predictable it hurts.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
All this about "OSAMA BIN FOUND" I thought he got delt with years ago!! Obviously not.
I hope they are sure it's him, and not some look alike or 1 of his brothers. The guys life is over anyway, that coward has been spending the last parts of his life running in fear because of his actions!!

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
That's the problem with removing poster boys. They just put a new one up.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I agree something seems...off. Like, they are gonna dump his body in the sea right away? Bit of a hurry we're in it seems. I don't know, that just seems kinda....off.

Also, I'm not happy he's dead, but I'm not sad either. I'm just kinda....*doesn't know the right word*

Confused?

I'm thinking it's too strange that he was immediately killed, instead of being captured and judged or something (I'm not supporting any of his actions or his beliefs). I am relieved that such a dangerous person was put down. I hope his followers won't try to carry on his actions.

I agree. Someone... something like him... it deserves a slow death or whatever. Besides, I don't want to talk like I know everything (I'm not a news-follower), but I really can't help but to think that someone made him to do this. Let's have a look at Saddam Hussein (or whatever he's called). Wasn't he first in the American military (or something)? I have a strange feeling, and I really don't want to give any American out here a guilty feeling, but I really can't help but to think that the... well, you know what I'll say.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
lol Saddam was not in our military. Like I said before, it seems strange or off because we aren't being told everything. We are being told what we need to know and all we need to know is that he's dead. We don't need to know when, how, or where exactly.

Mr Sunshine

lol Saddam was not in our military. Like I said before, it seems strange or off because we aren't being told everything. We are being told what we need to know and all we need to know is that he's dead. We don't need to know when, how, or where exactly.

I believe that governments say to their citizens what they want to hear and whatever won't be a blow to the governments popularity.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No offense, Bruno my friend, but I think that is just wishful thinking.

In my personal opinion, I think people are celebrating just a tad bit too early, all this "dancing in the street" business and what not. Not saying that killing him was wrong or that there shouldn't be a certain amount of relief at the thought of his death but I think there's a bigger picture to look at here, like cause and effect. We shouldn't get too over zealous because I'm sure that this death isn't the end by any means; maybe a pit stop on the road to the end, but most certainly not the finish line.

I don't believe he deserves that much credit. Terrorism is a terrible thing to be sure but it's not on the same plane as religious genocide; far from.

Well that depends on where youre from...i mean all these muslim suicide bombings...is that not releigious genoicde?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@Angel - The government and people of the US are well aware of harsh retaliation being a very likely possibility. Also we aren't stupid enough to believe that just because he's dead, his terrorist regime is done too. You have to remember something, they are human and their morale can be greatly affected by a "figurehead" being taken out. Especially at the start of their spring offensive. I don't believe that someone will be able to take his place as quickly as you may think. Al Qaeda isn't a group that's as organized as you may think. Yes, they have staged elaborate attacks and yes there are many of them but a great deal of it was funded and organized by Bin Laden himself. They are a tribal group and as most have proven, they will fight amongst themselves to vie for control. While it's by no means the final blow, it's still a very hard one.

It seems weird or something is missing because we aren't being told everything. We are being told what we need to know. It's more likely that he wasn't really killed just yesterday, but several days or even a week ago. As for him not being captured alive, it's just much too dangerous or we may have tried. Remember, they believe dying for their god is absolutely the best thing that one can do. Why would he want to be captured? Would you? Could you imagine what would happen if they knew we had him alive? To what lengths they would go to to get him back? It's natural to question something that just seems all too surreal. Hell, people we're ranting that it was actually our government that staged 9/11 and some still believe that non-sense.

I guess he can be compared to Hitler in the sense that him and the other extremists wish to kill anyone who doesn't believe in their views unquestionably. I.E. any religion other than theirs and their specific sect.

Thanks for the Hitler support, and he couldnt have belived in his god too much if he pulled his wife and sun infront of him to sheild himself...its funny that you talked about people sayin our government staged 9/11, because i was talkin to a dude about that today...i think he's insane lol...i mean while our government is theoreticly capable of it, its REALLY not likley...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Genocide; the deliberate and systematic destruction, in part or in whole, of an ethnic, racial, religious or national group.

Religious genocide is a person or group destroying others based on their religion, not a religion - or select members of a religion, rather - trying to destroy others based on their nationality.

While these terrorists would like to completely wipe out Americans, they haven't and they most certainly haven't made as big an impact on the population as Hitler did. The death toll surrounding the 9-11 event and the war caused by it is in the thousands, yes, but Hitler killed millions, if not billions, of Jews not to mention people who weren't Jewish, on a much larger scale. Hitler controlled these people's lives, held their fate in his hands and tortured them to no end; the war on terrorism has not been taken to this extremity. At the current moment in time we still live in a free country, in our homes with our families - while "big brother" is still out there monitoring certain aspects of our lives, we basically walk around, able to do as we please. We're not forced into ghettos and concentration/death camps, wondering if our guards will be in a nice mood today, beaten because we're different or "imperfect", at the mercy of our captors without any means of law or order, killed without any hope of justice ever being served.

I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination so hear me when I say that we are very blessed to be living in the world we are, despite the hard times we go through; we know nothing of hell or what those people had to endure. The situation that we face now cannot compare to the devastation of Hitler's reign and I believe that it is insulting to insinuate otherwise.

I'm American myself so I'm not trying to sound insensitive to the families of those lost or directly affected by terrorism by any means but the Holocaust was a more severe event in the grand scheme of things and nothing that happens now short of history repeating itself will make me believe differently.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
You misunderstand what I mean by he can be compared to Hitler. Both him and the other extremists wish to eradicate all religions and other sects of their own. I never said that they are the same or have commited something like the holocaust. All I mean is that they wish to pretty much do the same but on a grander scale. That's the only way that he can be remotely compared to Hitler.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You misunderstand what I mean by he can be compared to Hitler. Both him and the other extremists wish to eradicate all religions and other sects of their own. I never said that they are the same or have commited something like the holocaust. All I mean is that they wish to pretty much do the same but on a grander scale. That's the only way that he can be remotely compared to Hitler.
I wasn't responding to you but I do thank you for clarifying what you meant. :D

Hoady

I don't buy it y'know, theres someone whos worked very closely with osama during the 70s-80s called Steve Pieczenki.He claimed Osama died of kidney failure in 2001 or 2002(can't remember), plus they have announced his death 9 times already.With all the cover ups with 9/11 especially World Trade Center Building 7(which many people are completely unaware of) i just think its fishy.

The dancing in the streets going "WOOOOHHH AMERICA"i found disgusting man.If you were to go near the whitehouse setting off fireworks you'd be arrested with force but apparently celebrating the death of someone is justifiable.Whether or not he died then or now doesn't matter.It has achieved nothing to help society it is only the celebration of revenge.Do you really think these desperate people living in these run down places could take down america?Its impossible, i think the war of terror is blown way out of proportion and its just fear created to form public manipulation.How about AT LEAST indicting osama first or at least talking to them instead of BLOWING THEM UP!!??Not to mention there killing us with the weapons we sold them!

I just think its all wrong...you can't kill people and call yourselves heros, and when they kill you call them terrorists especially when we've killed waaaaaay more then them.They didn't show a body either.You think if they had a cameraman there he would've filmed proper video footage?I believe dodgy things are on the horizen.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

I didn't mean anything too different...What i'm saying is that he did serious harm to his his country under the guise of good...and yes, was an extreamist...When i say he can be compared to Hitler, i'm not talking about through the eyes of the Americans...but through the eyes of those who lived in the country her more or less controled (Because let's face it...a partner ship with Sadam and very deep pockets he DID control the joint in more than a few aspects) by him saw him as a monster and threat to their exsistence...those who didnt share his ideals...but what could they do to opose him? Nothing...Germany was not so different in WWII...Do you think ALL Germans were Nazi's? No, they weren't...a LOT of them weren't for the war, but what could they do? Hilter became their leader under a guise of change for the better...when he started out killing the Jews was not high on his list of priorities...he wanted control first...thats what extreamists want...

Valentine

Hard To Kill
I don't think that Osama ever excisted, it's only an act... Why? I don't know perhaps to make USA look like heros once again or to make "Black Obama" look like one. The president have no power, there are people above him which he takes orders from, just look what happened to Kennedy, because he disobeyed. In anycase I think the jewish, don't tell me that they arn't powerfull practicaly control all the world media, they have had America in a chokehold for years for ex: on the day on 9/11 all the "Jewish" people working in world trade center were off duty, COINCIDENCE... One can go on and on about whom or why... But one shall not judge. This is just my theory. The "humans" are thinking in an wrong way, perhaps in about 100 years we will be on the right path.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I don't think that Osama ever excisted, it's only an act... Why? I don't know perhaps to make USA look like heros once again or to make "Black Obama" look like one. The president have no power, there are people above him which he takes orders from, just look what happened to Kennedy, because he disobeyed. In anycase I think the jewish, don't tell me that they arn't powerfull practicaly control all the world media, they have had America in a chokehold for years for ex: on the day on 9/11 all the "Jewish" people working in world trade center were off duty, COINCIDENCE... One can go on and on about whom or why... But one shall not judge. This is just my theory. The "humans" are thinking in an wrong way, perhaps in about 100 years we will be on the right path.

Or Illuminati DUN DUN DUUN >:O

Mr Sunshine

Eh.. Osama has a place in human history since the day the USA and Afghanistan were fighting the Soviets together. The US would have to find a villain in another person if they were actually looking for one.
And what do I hear about 4,000 thousand jews? That's the first time I read this. Actually I did my research:

The 4,000 figure apparently came from an article entitled “Hundreds of Israelis missing in WTC attack” which appeared in the September 12th internet edition of the Jerusalem Post. It stated, “The Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem has so far received the names of 4,000 Israelis believed to have been in the areas of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon at the time of the attacks.”
Unknown conspiracy theorists apparently seized upon the 4,000 figure, transforming it into the false claim that 4,000 Jews did not report for work at the World Trade Center on September 11.

Also, do you actually think that if the jews were controlling the media the would silenced the fact that they were being slaughtered en mass during WWII? Not to mention that fact that they were slaughtered that way doesn't make them any powerful at all.

Back on topic, Hoady has a point there. There hasn't been any actual photo of Osama's dead body yet, when in Sadam's case we even watched his death live if I remember well. Also, In Che Guevara's death -like the artcile says- his body was displayed publicly so that nobody could doubt his death.

The fact that not even Al-qaeda has denied Osama's death hints that he is already dead. I guess that it is convenient to them this way because it will fuel the hatred of their followers.

If the US government won't show us some proper evidence of his death I'm not going to believe whatever Obama says. Even I can claim that I did a DNA test that proved Osama's identity, but did I actually do it?
I just think its all wrong...you can't kill people and call yourselves heros, and when they kill you call them terrorists especially when we've killed waaaaaay more then them.

I'll have to agree on this one as well. Many people of Iraq and Afghanistan would say that the US government is the terrorists instead. To me they'are just two opposing forces, each one fighting for its own personal goals.

Top Bottom