• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Umbrella Chronicles Thread

T Dot

Hi Id just like to know is Umbrella chronicles a carry on from resident evil 4? like the stories are linked?

C. Redfield

No, Umbrella Chronicles is a rail shooter that explains the events of Resident Evil 0, 1 and 3. It has no connection to Resident Evil 4 what so ever. I hope this helps :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
night slasher;58263 said:
8/10 around there because it starts good but goes boring when completed, the darkside chronicles looks epic.

Darkside is epic, it improves on pretty much everything.:) Although Capcom keeps making the text in the documents harder to read with each game...?:(

I'd probably give it a 9/10, once you have finished it, it does become tedious trying to go through and get better rankings, documents, stuff for the Archives, etc, simply because it is a rail-shooter.

Mr Sunshine

Yesterday I saw e video of Umbrella Chronicles on youtube. Correct me if I'm wrong.. Was that Nemesis? On the east side of the RPD? Fought by Carlos? WTF?

Mr Sunshine

I've never played it but I've seen some videos on youtube..

The final chapter takes place in 2003. Jill and Chris raid an Umbrella facility to Europe. They face yet another Tyrant named TALOS and they defeat him.

Meanwhile, Wesker comes to the same facility, fights his rival Sergei Vladimir and kills him. He steals all the Umbrella data files and puts an end to Umbrella for good.

I'm pretty sure though that other members can give you more specific information.

weskersbarber

pretty much what fallen said.you should watch some videos of it in youtube if you cant play it because its a brillant game

SNPAL21

Monster
It's a pretty fun game, I just got into it when I bought the gun for it. I suck on the solos though, I'll get better eventually.

Mace63

It's probably just me, but UC is impossibly difficult to beat. I've beaten Darkside Chronicles and it was really easy and fun, but UC is just frustrating. Of course, I play on "easy" (though it should be called hard, I really don't want to imagine what the real hard difficulty puts you through) and I'm currently stuck with the final Tyrant fight. I do everything right yet I always get killed because my weapons suck (I've just barely upgraded my shotgun, but can't get it better because I don't have anymore points). And I just want to completely stop playing it. I've retried the Tyrant part for about 10 times and no success, and now I have to play all over again from that chapter. It's really annoying and I can't believe how could they make it SO hard. I know I probably just suck so bad, but come on! I don't care about the results (I've been getting C's in all chapters so far), I just want to beat the game and see all of its contents. I really don't understand how can they make the game so hard on easy, I really don't want to even think about how would it be on normal or hard. I rarely give up on games though and I don't want to give up on this one either. But what should I do?

I've really noticed how DS is waaay more "fixed" and easier to get through. I really hate this kind of hard games, even if the game claims itself to have easy difficulty, it doesn't.

It's really interesting how in DS, I was able to get S rank on normal, but in UC, excuse me what?? No more than C on easy?? Ah, I'm really sad right now :(

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Final Tyrant fight? What do you mean, the T-002 at the end of the Mansion Incident, or are you talking about TALOS at the end of Operation Talos?

Otherwise, UC had it's tough moments. I can suggest playing through an easier and already completed level maybe. Also, when playing, holding the Wiimote steady can surely improve your accuracy and score, if not your life too.

So try to hold with two(2) hands, and maybe prop your hands up on something...anyway I just noticed when keeping my hands steady, I was getting headshots like no other.

That's about all I can say. It is made more frustrating because you have to start so far back, and being a rail-shooter, you can't go at your own pace, so it's made even more slow and annoying. Anyway, if you were wondering about Hard, it is very hard for sure. I had to go through with a partner.:)

Mace63

I'm talking about the Mansion incident one(And I don't want to even think about how will I get past other bosses in the game).

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll try replaying the last few chapters just to practice more, and I'll take your advice and try to hold the Wiimote more steady.

Well I won't give up on this game just yet, so wish me luck to get better at it :)

Oh, and did you beat it on hard? o_O. If you did, then kudos to you and the person who played it with you.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Mace63;82372 said:
I'm talking about the Mansion incident one(And I don't want to even think about how will I get past other bosses in the game).

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll try replaying the last few chapters just to practice more, and I'll take your advice and try to hold the Wiimote more steady.

Well I won't give up on this game just yet, so wish me luck to get better at it :)

Oh, and did you beat it on hard? o_O. If you did, then kudos to you and the person who played it with you.

Oh, so you got past the RE0 stuff. I had a lot of trouble with the Queen Leech my first time....I wanted to give up right then and there.:)

I hate the chapters that are really long...and it looks like that's all you'll have to play through right now.

I did beat it on Hard. I did Easy & most of Normal myself, but I found out pretty quickly on Hard that I needed a partner. Those zombies, they just won't go down, then walk up to you and windmill you right in the face and kill you with like 2 hits...

Makes me wish it was like Darkside, in how you can save your herbs and use them at your leisure.

Anyway, Good luck.

Mace63

That's interesting, I didn't have any trouble with Queen Leech at all.

Well that sucks for me then I guess, but I'm fine as along as I'm actually passing the chapter and not getting killed repeatedly.

Aw, Hard mode is probably impossible to beat alone then, though you should still be happy even if you did beat it with a partner. Sounds incredibly impossible to beat in every way though.

Yeah, I really hate how they didn't put inventory screen in UC >_< You can definitely manage yourself better with one.

And thank you ^^

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Of course the runs through earlier levels isn't just for practice, it's also to tune up weapons. Unfortunately(I know, that word is used alot when talking about UC), you cant' tune up the handgun like in DSC, so that will suck the whole way through.

Is there any secondary weapon that you prefer to use, or that just works well for you? I use the Striker shotgun, pretty much every time, that is the one I would suggest, but sometimes a machine gun could be great too. Typically the really heavy weapons like rockets or magnums are not worth taking, better to just pick up those while running through a level.

And your welcome, UC is a tough game at times, and made even tougher because of how sloppy the gameplay is, at times.:)

Mace63

Yeah, I've noticed that you cannot upgrade the handgun, and it really does suck.

I just use the regular shotgun (idk its name really), but I'll try using and upgrading the striker shotgun then. And I'll stay away from heavier weapons then.

And I totally agree about the gameplay being sloppy, but I guess I'll somehow manage to get through the game thanks to your suggestions :)

Top Bottom