• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

L

Lurker
No mean to backseat moderate but this is a precautionary measure because KEVIN (strikeback) came back. Many of you may not know who he is, but he is evil. his recent account was kevin1gamer, posting websites with viruses, fake games, and his youtube channel which revealed this to a few of us.
Just if a troll comes on, try your best to not aim anything directly at them, keep it to the other users. please take time to read this sign as a warning
please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Yes Trolls are exceedingly hungrey -- all the time!! do not feed!! or in gremlin terms "do not wet!!!" But erm yeah I dont know.

Mr Sunshine

I was editing some of my info when I bumped into the ignore list. Can it be of any help in such a situation?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Fallen91;64995 said:
I was editing some of my info when I bumped into the ignore list. Can it be of any help in such a situation?
Yes. By putting a username on your ignore list, you are unable to see their posts, and you cannot recieve (or send) messages to/from them. You can certainly use the function if Strikesback or another troll is here and a moderator isn't around to get rid of them.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Rathit;64944 said:
No mean to backseat moderate but this is a precautionary measure because KEVIN (strikeback) came back. Many of you may not know who he is, but he is evil. his recent account was kevin1gamer, posting websites with viruses, fake games, and his youtube channel which revealed this to a few of us.
Just if a troll comes on, try your best to not aim anything directly at them, keep it to the other users. please take time to read this sign as a warning

That's a good sign with some good advice. :)

In my signature is also a link to a page with more info on trolling.
Here's the url (in case I remove it from my sig): Beware The Troll.

faggot

Rathit;64944 said:

ugh that post reminds me of nazi propaganda i mean honestly there are people who try and cause controversy and if labeling them soley on that (like they have no other personality traits) wasnt wrong enough people attribute the classic villian hideous depictions of what the classification they design

i mean the nazi's did the same thing but i dont want to post the material you guys can google some of the posters they made if you want

i dont know what to call it but i dont approve of the tagging someone as a troll to create some sort of internet *expletive deleted*( yeah i know im a lil bi--- lol) hierchy and i know im not the only one who thinks it to be wrong surely

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
faggot;66883 said:
ugh that post reminds me of nazi propaganda i mean honestly there are people who try and cause controversy and if labeling them soley on that (like they have no other personality traits) wasnt wrong enough people attribute the classic villian hideous depictions of what the classification they design

i mean the nazi's did the same thing but i dont want to post the material you guys can google some of the posters they made if you want

i dont know what to call it but i dont approve of the tagging someone as a troll to create some sort of internet *expletive deleted*( yeah i know im a lil bi--- lol) hierchy and i know im not the only one who thinks it to be wrong surely
So, where exactly are the death camps?

I think it's a great disservice to people who were victims of the Third Reich to even compare the two. The victims of the Third Reich did nothing to even slightly warrant the propaganda and hate against them - to even compare the two is mind-boggling to me. Not to mention they were KILLED AND TORTURED for it. What's the worse that can happen to 'trolls'? They get banned? Note the last line of that photo - 'the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them'. If this were Nazi Germany, we'd be replacing the 'ignore' with 'exterminate'. I get your point hun, but it's like comparing apples and oran- chicken alfredo.

This labelling comes out of what they do. We don't label anyone as a 'troll' who hasn't been engaging in activies that would warrent the title. When you have someone who is flooding the forum with spam and otherwise deliberately trying to make it an unhappy place for everyone else, then yes, you are trolling and you're labelling yourself. The labelling in the Third Reich was a result of who they (the victims) were - it had NOTHING to do with what they did.

That picture was likely to have been created in jest. Come on, this is the internet - if you're going to act like a pain in the a$$ online, then you're going to be treated like a pain in the a$$. Plain and simple.

faggot

La Femme Fatale;66920 said:
So, where exactly are the death camps?

I think it's a great disservice to people who were victims of the Third Reich to even compare the two. The victims of the Third Reich did nothing to even slightly warrant the propaganda and hate against them - to even compare the two is mind-boggling to me. Not to mention they were KILLED AND TORTURED for it. What's the worse that can happen to 'trolls'? They get banned? Note the last line of that photo - 'the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them'. If this were Nazi Germany, we'd be replacing the 'ignore' with 'exterminate'. I get your point hun, but it's like comparing apples and oran- chicken alfredo.

This labelling comes out of what they do. We don't label anyone as a 'troll' who hasn't been engaging in activies that would warrent the title. When you have someone who is flooding the forum with spam and otherwise deliberately trying to make it an unhappy place for everyone else, then yes, you are trolling and you're labelling yourself. The labelling in the Third Reich was a result of who they (the victims) were - it had NOTHING to do with what they did.

That picture was likely to have been created in jest. Come on, this is the internet - if you're going to act like a pain in the a$$ online, then you're going to be treated like a pain in the a$$. Plain and simple.
okay sorry i guess that wasn't really a fair comparison but my point is why even label them, why not just use the rules to deal with them instead of sub categorizing them

its like troll is one of the most over used words now and is mainly used to describe people who don't fit in or break the rules and i don't feel that is right

tequila

Bottle Lover
La Femme Fatale;64998 said:
Yes. By putting a username on your ignore list, you are unable to see their posts, and you cannot recieve (or send) messages to/from them. You can certainly use the function if Strikesback or another troll is here and a moderator isn't around to get rid of them.

A suggestion I made in the other thread: Block the IP address. Therefore, that person can't come back to the forum and terrorize everyone else. :p

Unless that person has another computer or access through a public computer, then yea...:(

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
tequila;66974 said:
A suggestion I made in the other thread: Block the IP address. Therefore, that person can't come back to the forum and terrorize everyone else. :p

Unless that person has another computer or access through a public computer, then yea...:(
If this worked, we would have done so already. The problem is that Kevin has a proxy server, so he can sign up with different IP addresses - pretty much however many he wants... thus rendering an IP ban useless. ;)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
faggot;66958 said:
okay sorry i guess that wasn't really a fair comparison but my point is why even label them, why not just use the rules to deal with them instead of sub categorizing them

its like troll is one of the most over used words now and is mainly used to describe people who don't fit in or break the rules and i don't feel that is right
I am totally with La Femme on this, the labelling comes out of what they do. And the moderators and admins are using the rules to deal with them.

If you shoplift and get caught, you are labelled as thief and The Law will use the law to deal with you. Again, the labelling comes out of what you do.

Is this so hard to comprehend? Geez, this shouldn't be a problem. :rolleyes:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It can be difficult to fully ignore a troll though - same with someone who is flaming you. There is something in us that wants to correct them or defend ourselves or something like that and it is very very hard sometimes to just sit back, say nothing and watch whilst someone has verbal diarrhoea all over a thread - usually completely wrong stuff as well.

Sure, if we ALL ignored them, it would work, but because people can't always seem to do that, it makes it harder. Make good use of the ignore function because it's about the best thing you can do for yourself as a member once you've reported a troll. And if the troll goes personal and heads for your PM inbox or personal profile, use the blocking function to ensure they cannot post or message you - or even read your profile posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom