• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Thoughts on Operation Racoon City

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
much ppl are hating the game cuz its a shoot em up game... i love all resident evils and from what i seen this one will be very good,.
my point of view, and i dont mind what people say, i need to play it before telling a review,,,

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
much ppl are hating the game cuz its a shoot em up game... i love all resident evils and from what i seen this one will be very good,.
my point of view, and i dont mind what people say, i need to play it before telling a review,,,
I feel the exact same...I think it's gonna be a great and welcomed addition to the series, but before I crown it GotY I wanna play it first lol...

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Well its good that you love all Resident Evils.

But I just can't find myself liking a Resident Evil game that is Resident Evil in NAME ONLY.

From what I have heard about it it has alot more problems than just being a shootem up.

1.bad AI
2.Boring Story
3.Lack of Difficulty

So the problem with the game isn't as black and white as people just needlessly hating on the game because it is different, its more about the actual problems inside the game itself.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well its good that you love all Resident Evils.

But I just can't find myself liking a Resident Evil game that is Resident Evil in NAME ONLY.

From what I have heard about it it has alot more problems than just being a shootem up.

1.bad AI
2.Boring Story
3.Lack of Difficulty

So the problem with the game isn't as black and white as people just needlessly hating on the game because it is different, its more about the actual problems inside the game itself.
But the game wasn't made for those three reasons above...It was made because, how I see it at least, we needed a multiplayer RE game...And i don't count RE5...More multiplayer than just TWO people...It's about gettin' together with your buddies and trash talkin' while you **** up zombies and RPD members...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
But the game wasn't made for those three reasons above...It was made because, how I see it at least, we needed a multiplayer RE game...And i don't count RE5...More multiplayer than just TWO people...It's about gettin' together with your buddies and trash talkin' while you **** up zombies and RPD members...

I honestly can not see why Capcom could not have did just that but kept the style classic style of Resident Evil intact.

They could have made a up to date online multiplayer version of Resident Evil Outbreak which still had the good enemy AI, Hard Difficulty, And a good story. I don't think that Capcom made the right move with going to Slant Six for this game.

As IGN said, the concept was great.

1.online multiplayer Resident Evil
2.Being able to change history by killing RE characters=win
3.Being able to traverse through classic RE areas
4.Playing as the bad guys from Umbrella

But it was just executed in a horrible way from what I have read and seen.

Capcom should have just handled this game themselves instead of going to a developer who is known for making military games that is "action first and everything else second".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But this game is just for fun and joy and time killing...It's not even cannon...You've gotta look at the good aspects, and the fun you can have with the multiplayer..Which is what makes the game...The gameplay had to evolve and change so that people, familiar with RE or not, will give it a second look and pluck it off the shelves...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But this game is just for fun and joy and time killing...It's not even cannon...You've gotta look at the good aspects, and the fun you can have with the multiplayer..Which is what makes the game...The gameplay had to evolve and change so that people, familiar with RE or not, will give it a second look and pluck it off the shelves...

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Your not understanding.

I know what this game "attempted" to entail. It was intended to be for fun and I know that.

But that doesn't erase the obvious flaws such as horrible AI (they actually said that a Hunter will run up to you and run away at random) or poor hit detection (It was said that sometimes it will take a full round to even make a Hunter flinch while sometimes it takes only 1 gun round).

So multiplayer would indeed be fun.

But having a flawed multiplayer with several issues is not cool IMO.

And the gameplay should evolve indeed.

But there are certain things that do not mix with the Resident Evil and one of those is military combat IMO.

Its like mixing RPG elements with the classic fast paced Sonic the hedgehog. Those types of things just do not mix if you ask me.

brin

i played this game and loved it at gamefest. i want this for multiplayer with m8s not for ai, and let's face it 80% of games with computer ai is not great so no loss there. if you love resi elements with 3rd person shooting and multiplayer this is for you. as for ign LOL ign can't review anything well

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But you must realize that reading all of this had ruined it for you....If you had played the game first you'd probably have enjoyed it, but no are expecting it to bad, so it WILL be bad because that's the picture you've painted in your head...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
so it WILL be bad because that's the picture you've painted in your head...

Just stop.

Your making me sound like a blind sheep who will follow what IGN said despite my personal preference.

Now your borderline insulting my intelligence so lets just drop that kind of talk .

I will give this game a chance.

And I will form my OWN opinion on it.

But judging by what my friend said, and the fact that we actually share a lot of the same preferences when it comes to games, I must say that I feel I may not enjoy this title.

Nothing to do with my painting anything in my head and blindly following it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just stop.

Your making me sound like a blind sheep who will follow what IGN said despite my personal preference.

Now your borderline insulting my intelligence so lets just drop that kind of talk .

I will give this game a chance.

And I will form my OWN opinion on it.

But judging by what my friend said, and the fact that we actually share a lot of the same preferences when it comes to games, I must say that I feel I may not enjoy this title.

Nothing to do with my painting anything in my head and blindly following it.
If you say so my friend, but just make sure while you're playing it you're not thinking of IGN, or of an pre-concieved notions and go in fresh...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If you say so my friend, but just make sure while you're playing it you're not thinking of IGN, or of an pre-concieved notions and go in fresh...

I really do not take others opinions to heart when forming my own so no worries there.

I'm not some blind fan who says (IGN hates this game so It must be lame).

The fact that you actually think that really does show what you think of me...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
I think the only bad ones were the Outbreak Files and Gaiden.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I really do not take others opinions to heart when forming my own so no worries there.

I'm not some blind fan who says (IGN hates this game so It must be lame).

The fact that you actually think that really does show what you think of me...
No, I'm simply stating that that's how the human mind works...And i work as a psychologists assistant, so I DO know a thing or two about the human mind...I wasn't saying you personally, but people in general...That's why I never read reviews or anything until after I've experianced it...For example, someone on another thread talked about how Michael Bay is directing a new Ninja Turtles movie...And in his version they are aliens, not mutants...I read this and flipped ****...And unless I remind my self to be optimistic about the new movie, my opinions will be sour because I already have the pre-convieced notion of how he fuked up my turtles...

brin

i would advise you watch my video in the umbrella sector thread....its my gameplay vid of us playing at gamefest you will see a good game

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
An updated Outbreak (or a game more similar to it) would have been pretty awesome. That or I've always loved the idea of CAPCOM putting out a Mercenaries game that brings back a lot of characters- even characters you weren't able to play as before like Richard or Forest (they always seemed like they would have been cool guys), as well as adding in a lot of different levels based on old and newer games.

That's just a basic idea for it, I'm sure they could add some things to it to make it a bit different from the the past in-game mercenaries. Updated versions of characters (like Rebecca, Claire, or Steve) would be pretty cool to see as well.

I personally get my multiplayer zombie fix with games like Left 4 Dead or Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare. Hell RE5 also does the job for me.

As far as Operation Racoon City goes- the more I saw of this game, the less I cared to play it. I get what people say when they want to just shoot up some zombies, but this game honestly doesn't look that great. I think I'll keep my $60 and play some RE5 mercenaries until Resident Evil 6 comes out.

Also the two endings that were posted up for this game... Not at all impressive.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
No, I'm simply stating that that's how the human mind works...And i work as a psychologists assistant, so I DO know a thing or two about the human mind...I wasn't saying you personally, but people in general...That's why I never read reviews or anything until after I've experianced it...For example, someone on another thread talked about how Michael Bay is directing a new Ninja Turtles movie...And in his version they are aliens, not mutants...I read this and flipped ****...And unless I remind my self to be optimistic about the new movie, my opinions will be sour because I already have the pre-convieced notion of how he fuked up my turtles...

But its a matter of personal preference really not about whether or not your opinions will be swayed because of what someone else said.

Say your afraid of Heights.

And your friends are trying to get you to go skydiving.

But one of your friends who is also scared of Heights explains to you the dangers of it.

And in the end you decide not to go.

Its not a matter of him swaying your opinion. Its about you knowing what you already like and what you do not like and forming your opinion based on your OWN personal preference.

I don't like horrible partner AI
I don't like horrible enemy AI
I don't like over the top action BS
I don't like when a story is completely uninteresting
I don't like low difficulty in my games

So if even though IGN has already warned me about the flaws in this game its not going to change my own personal preference I had BEFORE even reading that article. I already was not a fan of all that stuff happening in a game. So please don't come at me with "You let IGN influence your decision about the game" if I come back here after playing it and confirm that all those problems are indeed in fact inside the game.

Top Bottom