• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Thoughts and Theories on Resident Evil VILLAGE

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I repost this theory I write on Chris hear, let me know what you guys think of it
And also another theory on Alex and the village

Chris isn't the bad guy he just did his BSAA agent job

Maybe Ethan son would have become some monster like Evelin, and Chris did kill it before it was too late

Maybe wias all an allucination created by the new virus, and Ethan was led to believe by some group, maybe the connection, that Chris killed his wife
But actually someone else did or nobody at all

I seriously doubt Chris turn evil after all the work he had done to defeat people like wesker and save the word from bioterrorism so many time... So it's hard to belive it...

Capcom is just tricking us like they did whit dante in dmc 4 trailer we all thought dante was bad but in reality he killed that innocent people because they were bad and one of them was also the final boss lol

Also dusk golem confirmed that Daniel fabron (the mm from resistance) is the guy whit the sunglasses in re 8 and he his helping alex wesker
This make me think of another theory
Maybe all that village is a set up made by alex, like an experiment, she created all that creature and witch and werewolf, and use the village as a testing ground like she did whit the island in rev 2,and now she is testing the creature and the virus and she is kidnapping people like Ethan to make them test this virus like she did why claire and moira in revelations 2
And Daniel fabron is supervising the progress callecting data to send it to alex

I find all this actually interesting
And since re 8 was actually revelations 3 this could turn true
You do have a point that Capcom has teased us in the past with the idea of killing off Chris. It would be a bold move... and a stupid one too at this point.

Maybe it is Capcom letting us know that it would be the last game for Ethan to be featured in.

What we see take place in the trailer, where Chris guns down a female in front of Ethan, does seem like a fever dream of sorts. Maybe it is a hallucination from Ethan?

If it’s not though, then we have to consider the fact that Chris does seem rather cold and to the point in the scene. Could he be infected? Or maybe Capcom is backpedaling on Chris being cloned...

Taking it at face value with it actually being Chris then maybe you are onto something with the whole Alex Wesker creating an illusion and playing mind games with Ethan and others in the village. I always thought that it didn’t look like it would end well for Ethan and Mia flying away in an Umbrella Helicopter. Maybe what I said about Chris walking into a situation where everyone was ‘tripping ballz’ has some truth to it. :lol:

But it’s weird that Chris would go for the child and leave Ethan alive- in a case where everyone is infected.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I do like the theory about this whole "village" being one big lab experiment created by Alex Wesker, with everything just taking place inside Ethan's head. This would make the supernatural stuff a bit more acceptable if its all not truly real but in fact some sort of bio-drug hallucination. I generally tend to dislike games/films that are revealed to be semi-dreams at the end, but for RE8 I'm willing to give it as pass lol.

It sort of reminds me of The Evil Within too, which is all about a failed experiment on "shared dreaming".

TheBigUmbrella

I'm honestly really excited for this game, I only knew the bare-minimum from the leaks like the werewolves and that Ethan and Chris would return. Really my biggest excitement is how different this will be from previous RE, I think I enjoy the nature of RE7 and beyond RE, if this is the direction it is going.
The only thing that really threw me off is Chris having the same voice as Carlos. Having just played RE3, associating that voice with anyone else is odd!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It does look like we're moving past the Molded for enemies in this game. But I assume it will tie in somehow. RE7 allowed a lot of shared hallucinations of Eveline. If there was a more advanced Eveline out there (the witch character maybe), it would make sense for us to see a lot of spooky **** all over again.

It looks like the enemies will be real creepy this time around which I appreciate. I just hope there will be enough enemy types to satisfy my lust for design!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I feel like a lot of this more grounded storytelling and interesting concepts are being wasted on characters like Ethan who are just meh. Here’s hoping this will be his last game and they let Alex lead as the big bad villain with Chris and other icons trying to take her down.

Last edited:

Mr.R

One thing I dislike recently is this trending and mentality of "oh, this is gonna upset the fans, te hehe" going on these days, and most of the times, it's on the expense of beloved characters and most of the time for little reason than shock value and good reviews, that loves "twists" in stories. I just hope Chris isn't the latest character throw in the trash bin just for shock value for YouTubers and reviewers (and sometimes the ego of writers, although this doesn't seem to be the case in RE, since it's writers are rarely treated as Superstars like Druckmann, for example.)

Soul Fist

I like Wesker's idea, the whole village trap set by Alex sounds legit. The environment and everything about this game is a perfect reflection of my taste. It's looks perfect, I just hope the story will be well written and it will answer all of the questions. Not to create even more gaps.

As for the Chris killing Mia, I don't believe it was real. Maybe a nightmare or something, but I'm sure it's some kind of a twist. I doubt they'll kill a character like Mia in that way, it'll be a spoiler.

Some people in the Internet say that the woman with the hat is Alex, it seems people have forgot that Alex lives in Natalia's body. And Natalia is like 20 in here, and that woman in nowhere near that age. Maybe Natalia is one of the witches that were with the woman in hat?

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Hmm, you know what I think, I believe that Chris isn't really Chris, possibly a witch in disguise that really did kill Mia and either kidnap Ethan or heard that Chris would be in Village to take his revenge.

D

Deleted member 21244

Another things I noticed about Chris is that he went to Ethan house alongside other men, this men are wearing balaclava to disguise they're identity, but strangely Chris is the only one whit his face not covered... Why?
I Mean the purpose of the balaclava when you are doing "bad things" is to not reveal your identity and do that things in secret, it s pretty stupid for Chris to show his identity while his man are covered...

It's like the STARS member went to kill someone into an apartment and all are covered except wesker, that's really stupid because the assaulted one will realize that stars are behind it all since wesker is they're captain ...
Or more simply, it's like some gang went to rob a bank, they all wear balaclava except they're leader, police will eventually find out that clan was behind it all

I think that someone is fooling Ethan to think Chris killed his family

Soul Fist

Another things I noticed about Chris is that he went to Ethan house alongside other men, this men are wearing balaclava to disguise they're identity, but strangely Chris is the only one whit his face not covered... Why?
I Mean the purpose of the balaclava when you are doing "bad things" is to not reveal your identity and do that things in secret, it s pretty stupid for Chris to show his identity while his man are covered...

It's like the STARS member went to kill someone into an apartment and all are covered except wesker, that's really stupid because the assaulted one will realize that stars are behind it all since wesker is they're captain ...
Or more simply, it's like some gang went to rob a bank, they all wear balaclava except they're leader, police will eventually find out that clan was behind it all

I think that someone is fooling Ethan to think Chris killed his family
I think it's a hallucination, I don't know.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
I like where this game looks like it's going to go. I'm OK with the First Person gameplay, at least for now, particularly if this is the last one. But, the fact that it is again back to pure horror in an isolated setting with limited ammo is the true roots of the series. It has its connections to the rest of the series, based on the return of Ethan, Chris, and Blue Umbrella. It is likely that what seems supernatural is just in appearance and it will all be a new biohazard making people look like werewolves and such, and the so-called witches are really just inducing hallucinations with the infection. Ethan is likely to die, not Chris; I think they're gonna make Chris an old man and have him die in aciton in a future game.

Over all, so long as it is definitely not supernatural, and the FP gameplay does not return after this one, at least for a while, I am stoked for what this one is going to bring.

D

Deleted member 21244

I like where this game looks like it's going to go. I'm OK with the First Person gameplay, at least for now, particularly if this is the last one. But, the fact that it is again back to pure horror in an isolated setting with limited ammo is the true roots of the series. It has its connections to the rest of the series, based on the return of Ethan, Chris, and Blue Umbrella. It is likely that what seems supernatural is just in appearance and it will all be a new biohazard making people look like werewolves and such, and the so-called witches are really just inducing hallucinations with the infection. Ethan is likely to die, not Chris; I think they're gonna make Chris an old man and have him die in aciton in a future game.

Over all, so long as it is definitely not supernatural, and the FP gameplay does not return after this one, at least for a while, I am stoked for what this one is going to bring.
I think it's all a matter of point of view, normal people who saw those wolf monster and those women whit power saw them as supernatural things like werewolf and witch but someone who know of bioterrorism like chris, know exactly they are BoW created by a virus or parasite or else

I remember something similar in code veronica where prisoner and worker that lived on the island thinked that alexia was a ghost or a witch, but she was none of that
This also happened in re 4 and 5 were people of the village thought that people transformed because of some strange course or else, but it was all cause by las plagas

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
PUdxj23.png

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Damn, I knew my brain wasn't lying when I got the Mandela effect from watching that trailer. At first I thought I was watching a remake of RE4, but now I realize its an adaptation of Van Helsing!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Can't wait for Resident Evil to turn into The Conjuring or some sh*t. Seems like they just keep taking inspiration from random movies now and just calling it Resident Evil so long it's horror.

Soul Fist

I think it's all a matter of point of view, normal people who saw those wolf monster and those women whit power saw them as supernatural things like werewolf and witch but someone who know of bioterrorism like chris, know exactly they are BoW created by a virus or parasite or else

I remember something similar in code veronica where prisoner and worker that lived on the island thinked that alexia was a ghost or a witch, but she was none of that
This also happened in re 4 and 5 were people of the village thought that people transformed because of some strange course or else, but it was all cause by las plagas
Yeah, Resident Evil Isn't completely new to the supernatural kind of things. Even in RE7, I remember when I played The 1st part of the game and Mia was saying "I can feel her inside my body" I was like WTF? Did Resident Evil became more of supernatural and demons rather than viruses? And it turned out to be all virus LOL.

I'm sure RE8 will be the same.

Top Bottom