• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Thoughts and Theories on Resident Evil VILLAGE

Mr.R

Well it's even hard to call re 6 story good, because it's pretty poor, whit huge plot hole... and wesker son, ada and simmons love story, sure good story lol everyone can see how bad re 6 story is, it's not actually an opinion,
Not that re 7 story is good either, but it's definitely better written, and more entertaining
Resident evil was never about stopping a biohazard disaster but surviving and escaping it, survive abomination, not going Rambo against them, just take w look at re 1 2 3 0 code veronica, 4, even 5 and revelations 2... Re 7 setting it's really close to original game in term of setting and story

Also I'm not against re 6 story of global escalation biohazard and Chris and Leon trying to stop it but the fact it's that is poorly written and soo poorly narrated that I can't understand how someone can call it good
I'm not even against doing something new regarding story, Write the story you want capcom, put even wesker son and Chris son lol but at least write the game good

It doesn't matter if you like 6's story or not, or if I like. This I subjective, and wasn't the part I was drawing attention to. You said 6's story had nothing to do with RE, which is objectively wrong. A story about stopping (and surviving) an escalating series of biohazards in a game literally called Biohazard has everything to do with the series, regarding if you like it or not the game in question. There's no way to be more clear than that.

Regarding the topic in question, like Jen said, one of my grips with the game is not only first person (which I don't exactly like, but I don't mind) or the extremely silly themes that try to pass itself as supernatural but it's poorly explained science (like a little girl with telekinetic powers). The problem with RE7 and for now, RE8 in a sense, it's the continuation of Ethan's story. A story so detached from the main series, so poorly conceived in its characters that I find it hard to care. It's hard to care about a character that acts as a robot and his wife, because both don't have personality and both don't have any development during the game in which they're in. To me, RE never had a good story, but the charisma of its characters had taken us this far. Ethan and Mia lacked that. I'm still on side that probably will wait for RE8 to get cheaper before trying it.

D

Deleted member 21244

It doesn't matter if you like 6's story or not, or if I like. This I subjective, and wasn't the part I was drawing attention to. You said 6's story had nothing to do with RE, which is objectively wrong. A story about stopping (and surviving) an escalating series of biohazards in a game literally called Biohazard has everything to do with the series, regarding if you like it or not the game in question. There's no way to be more clear than that.
But just because there is a biohazard outbreak the game is not justified to be or pass as a re game...
The game miss everything a re game should have both on story and gameplay
The game have zero tensione, no fear, no horror, you ****ing shoot helicopter and tank, you drive motorcycle on top of skyscraper while you escape an helicopter that want to kill you, the character almost do supernatural things lol you even run from an avalanche... this isn't a re game at all, it's a generic action game whit poor story whit leon chris ada and Sherry from resident evil
there are really rare moment in the game tha can pass as re but the rest is bad

Also you can like the story or not, but the the story is poorly written and narrated is not subjective it's a fact

Returning to thread, i was thinking that since Chris will have a more prominent role in this game maybe we will manage to see jill too especially if this is the last game about Chris story, and Claire can maybe make a return
Even the voice actress of Claire is from re 2 remake say that she had done voice for another re game that have claire, she could have refereed to a dlc of resistance whit claire but maybe she was referring to a new game

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.R

But just because there is a biohazard outbreak the game is not justified to be or pass as a re game...
The game miss everything a re game should have both on story and gameplay
The game have zero tensione, no fear, no horror, you ****ing shoot helicopter and tank, you drive motorcycle on top of skyscraper while you escape an helicopter that want to kill you, the character almost do supernatural things lol you even run from an avalanche... this isn't a re game at all, it's a generic action game whit poor story whit leon chris ada and Sherry from resident evil
there are really rare moment in the game tha can pass as re but the rest is bad

Also you can like the story or not, but the the story is poorly written and narrated is not subjective it's a fact

Returning to thread, i was thinking that since Chris will have a more prominent role in this game maybe we will manage to see jill too especially if this is the last game about Chris story, and Claire can maybe make a return
Even the voice actress of Claire is from re 2 remake say that she had done voice for another re game that have claire, she could have refereed to a dlc of resistance whit claire but maybe she was referring to a new game

I give up. You're mixing story beats with gameplay and atmosphere, two things that aren't the point I'm trying to make, all of this with your subjective opinion as a bundle we should accept because you say so. This is going nowhere, and it's not the first time.

Peace.

D

Deleted member 21244

I give up. You're mixing story beats with gameplay and atmosphere, two things that aren't the point I'm trying to make, all of this with your subjective opinion as a bundle we should accept because you say so. This is going nowhere, and it's not the first time.

Peace.
You should not accept it, this is just my opinion on the game, you should accept as my opinion not as anything else

Also i don't see where this should go, clearly two differt point of view clashing, you are not changing my mind on the fact re 6 story and game as whole as nothing to do whit re, while I'm not changing yours

Forum purpose, peace

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, I stopped reading most of these arguments because there is a lot of disregard for the other person's opinions half way in to the next post the debaters make.

But I think most of us can agree that from a story perspective, RE6 is a little too tangled and over the top. I can understand what people like about it. But in my opinion, they could have narrowed the scope of some of these stories and make a much better game. BStar had a lot of good ideas about what they could do to have improved the script by changing team ups. Loved it. But some people like the over the topness. That is up to them. But if you have ideas of what an RE game should be, any changes will disappoint. I disliked the changes in RE6 feeling like it was too far from the initial story, but I praised the changes in RE7 for maintaining great atmosphere and gameplay despite hating the first person view. Maybe it is time to look at the series as individual games rather than a collective.

And I am CRAZY excited for RE8. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

dRAoKo7.jpg

Finally, it took sometime but I manage to find and upload this Daniel fabron comparison from re resistance and re 8, that's definitely him but 20+ years older

Also here is dusk golem talking of it
tmjxNZ0.jpg

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I think that the guy in the hat is the Game's Merchant. Whats with all of the RE4 similarities, might as well

D

Deleted member 21244

I read new rumor that say the game should be released on May 2021
His story came to a close is referring to chris redfield story, but it's unknown if he will die or retire, they also say that Chris successor will be in the game and it's a character we never saw before

I like the fact that the core of the game is Chris redfield, look like the whole story is written around his character and that we are getting new characters that will probably became part of the series

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I read new rumor that say the game should be released on May 2021
His story came to a close is referring to chris redfield story, but it's unknown if he will die or retire, they also say that Chris successor will be in the game and it's a character we never saw before

I like the fact that the core of the game is Chris redfield, look like the whole story is written around his character and that we are getting new characters that will probably became part of the series

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
At this point I'm counting on RE9 to continue this silly subtitle trend of playing with letters and numbers. They'll probably call it something like Resident Evil: Shrine and stylize it as RESIDENT EVIL SHRI><E to highlight the hidden "IX" for 9.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Assuming that rumor is also true, I highly doubt Chris is going to step down with the likes of Alex Wesker becoming a powerful force. I think death would be the only option here.

I’m not going to pretend that it’s not right to kill off a major character, especially in a survival horror series. But the way they handle Chris’ death is everything in terms of how fans accept his fate.

What they potentially do have right is that his death will likely be due to the actions of Alex Wesker. She does have reasons to hold a vendetta against Chris, seeing as he killed her adopted brother that she admired to some degree. It’ll be gutting to see this come to fruition regardless.

But something that they are skating on thin ice with is the fact that Chris is only rumored to be in the game for maybe “10%” of it as a playable character. I don’t think that would be enough buildup to his end. Plus factor in that Capcom likely isn’t going to include other past characters (i.e. Barry, Claire, Jill, Leon, etc.) to properly mourn his death with the fans and take action.

Last edited:

Mr.R

If all of this turns out to be true, I say Chris doesn't deserve anything less than a heroic sacrifice. Anything else would be a huge disrespect of his character and significance on the series. Again, this is not game of thrones. Fans of the series aren't used to main characters dying, even less dying meaningless deaths so a writer can feel like he can 'upset the fans' like some other games (and movies and TV series...) out there....

Anything less than a heroic sacrifice will give Capcom a HUGE backlash from fans and honestly, it'll make a lot of people turn away from the series.

Also, if his sucessor would be in the game and be a new character, then why the f**** they didn't kept Piers? Chris himself wanted Piers to be his successor, and he would be a character that, although new, the fans would be a little warmed up to him. Oh Capcom, you...

I really hope this second wave of leaks are false, because otherwise is a mess...

D

Deleted member 21244

Assuming that rumor is also true, I highly doubt Chris is going to step down with the likes of Alex Wesker becoming a powerful force. I think death would be the only option here.

I’m not going to pretend that it’s not right to kill off a major character, especially in a survival horror series. But the way they handle Chris’ death is everything in terms of how fans accept his fate.

What they potentially do have right is that his death will likely be due to the actions of Alex Wesker. She does have reasons to hold a vendetta against Chris, seeing as he killed her adopted brother that she admired to some degree. It’ll be gutting to see this come to fruition regardless.

But something that they are skating on thin ice with is the fact that Chris is only rumored to be in the game for maybe “10%” of it as a playable character. I don’t think that would be enough buildup to his end. Plus factor in that Capcom likely isn’t going to include other past characters (i.e. Barry, Claire, Jill, Leon, etc.) to properly mourn his death with the fans and take action.
Chris departure could be done well if they manage to center the whole game around him despite him not being the central protagonist... Also jill and Claire could make appearances trought the game and the third act ot the game could be all around Chris as a playable character, maybe the final act would be Chris jill and claire tracking down alex wesker and Chris in the end sacrifice himself to kill her...

Something similar was already done in devil may cry 5 were vergil is the core of the game despite him not being a playable character at all, but only V his human side was playable for some part of the game, this was actually done well and vergil looks like the true protagonist of the game

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I really HOPE Chris doesn't die. And even if he does - who says that really is his end. Clones. Viruses. Tricks and Gimmicks. Plot Armor. There are 1000% ways to retcon a death, especially if you go in planning to make sure it isn't permanent.

But, if they do kill Chris, RE9 is going to be a wild affair. Vengeance is the name of the game. Maybe that is where we get that Jill/Claire teamup to avenge Chris. Maybe they're going to take a page from the Marvel playbook and are planning RE9 to be RESIDENT EVIL: Infinity War. haha.

D

Deleted member 21244

Here is another interesting comparison i find on the internet

dhpQndp.jpg

h0Y1Add.jpg

Look like the game is taking inspiration from a franz kafka book called the castle and guess who likes reading and quoting kafka every day? Yeah Alex wesker

Also the book story is very reminishent of re 8 story:

The protagonist, K., arrives in a village governed by a mysterious bureaucracy operating in a nearby castle. When seeking shelter at the town inn, he claims to be a land surveyor summoned by the castle authorities. He is quickly notified that his castle contact is an official named Klamm, who, in an introductory note, informs K. he will report to the Mayor.

I find all this very exciting, and i like all the connection whit revelations 2

Soul Fist

Well, I stopped reading most of these arguments because there is a lot of disregard for the other person's opinions half way in to the next post the debaters make.

But I think most of us can agree that from a story perspective, RE6 is a little too tangled and over the top. I can understand what people like about it. But in my opinion, they could have narrowed the scope of some of these stories and make a much better game. BStar had a lot of good ideas about what they could do to have improved the script by changing team ups. Loved it. But some people like the over the topness. That is up to them. But if you have ideas of what an RE game should be, any changes will disappoint. I disliked the changes in RE6 feeling like it was too far from the initial story, but I praised the changes in RE7 for maintaining great atmosphere and gameplay despite hating the first person view. Maybe it is time to look at the series as individual games rather than a collective.

And I am CRAZY excited for RE8. haha
TBH I enjoyed Ada and Leon's campaigns, but only the first two chapters of each. Because they somehow resemble RE4, but the rest of the chapters including Chris and Jake are waaayyyy too off LOL xD

Top Bottom