• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Return to the origins

R.P.D. Survivor

Hi,resident evil since re 4 wasn´t been the same,sure it has a lot of action,more weapowns and it is bigger,but their aren´t zombies and the great plot in the other re series.
Since resident evil 5 wesker is presumably dead,and tricell might takeover wesker´s research they could have zombies again,the research could have been lost than they could have acess only to the progenitor virus and the T-virus tricell can try a diferent approach.
By the way in chapter 6-2 we find a diary spencer´s notes than stated than he didn´t find a girl named jenny k she is a high ranked umbrella staff member maybe she could be a new wesker .
But i have posted this beacuse i whant to hear your opionions about diferent ways to go to the old resident evil again :rolleyes:

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
RE hasn't been the same since RE2, everything since then has changed alot. Covering large areas in a single game is something started roughly with RE3 and expanded by Code Veronica. RE0 implementing a partner throughout the entire game, the Survivor Series being in 1st person, Outbreak's scenarios and action started in RE3 & CVX.

Well the zombies are not what RE was about, it wasn't a zombie game it was a survival/horror game. And the enemies are BOWs, the Gannados & Majini are really no different than that of Nemesis, it is just a Parasite controlling a host, difference being the host is a human instead of a Tyrant, and the parasite is Las Plagas intead of NE-Alpha.:

And the plot is really no different than that of RE2 or CVX, as both had some plot for the real game with it being a type of side story to what was really going on, like The Organization trying to get the G-virus or T-Veronica virus or in RE4's case, Las Plagas.:)

Volthora

Going back to Zombies would not make any sense story-wise, because even if Tricell or any other company/person would get a hold of the T/G - virus, they would still try to modify or make it better and there can only be so many virus outbreaks and persons/companies in possession of those vira.

Some of the things that made the old games: was the camera angles, the music, the jumpy moments and the cheesy lines :p.

But honestly the new games are starting to grow on me, although I still think RE5 could have been so much more, so perhaps we should ask how to make the future games more horror like, 'cause to me it felt more like RE5 was an online Zombie Shoot'em up (Spike: yes, you've convinced me to not call them action games anymore).

But as some have mentioned, some interview said they were going to go another way with the future RE6.

So for better or worse, let's look forward rather than look back :).

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Funny, feels like we just had this discussion.:)

Actually the zombie outbreak would just be because of a T-Virus outbreak, and it could be done by terrorists, like Degeneration, I bet there will be at least one or two T-Virus outbreaks, if not anything else...

As far as I know the music is still a large part. In fact I found RE5's soundtrack to be up there with some of the best, like RE0 & Outbreak.:)

There are still some jumpy moments, things put in just for that, like when you shoot at the water and the Del Lago pops out, or that one Ganado hiding in the freezer.

Well there isn't much to say about the camera angles, they were nice and I don't mind if they use those or the over-the-shoulder view. Not to mention that they have been leaving those behind more and more as the games have progressed, making the angles move around a little more like in CVX, and adding a 1st person view with a sniper or the Linear Launcher, or even making an entire game in 1st person like Survivor, and the 3rd person over-the-shoulder view was roughly introduced in Dead Aim.:)

Basically one way to easily sum it all up is that the RE series has naturally progressed and developed as it should and we should be looking at what is ahead, but we should certainly not forget the past.:)

Volthora

Over the shoulder and first person view does seem to be the future, but the games can still be somewhat scary (Dead Space/RE4 anyone?).

I never really paid any notice to the music in RE5, I'll have to pay extra notice to it in my next playthrough (never said it was bad in RE4/5, just pointed out that it was one of the things that made the old games).

I do agree this discussion starts sounding a bit too similar to that other one :p

R.P.D. Survivor;45112 said:
Since resident evil 5 wesker is presumably dead,and tricell might takeover wesker´s research they could have zombies again,the research could have been lost than they could have acess only to the progenitor virus and the T-virus tricell can try a diferent approach.
By the way in chapter 6-2 we find a diary spencer´s notes than stated than he didn´t find a girl named jenny k she is a high ranked umbrella staff member maybe she could be a new wesker.

This does seem to be a solid foundation for the next game, but one would probably expect the zombies to be more intelligent than the old ones.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well if you are going to listen to the RE5 music, I might like to point out a few of the most notable ones.:)

Shadows Of The Past, Old Friends, New Enemies, Sad But True, and of course the Pray Theme song, but I found the instrumental to be better.:)

Yeah, actually there are a plethora of possibilities fr the next RE game:

Jenny, Tricell, Wesker Children, Bio terror events, black market exchanges of T-Virus and others, BSAA, Barry, Rebecca, Billy, Carlos, Nicholai, Hunk, Ada, Sherry, Steve, Ark having a connection to Leon, and Bruce seemingly working in a similar department, The Redfields, etc.:)

Spike991;45117 said:
Well the zombies are not what RE was about, it wasn't a zombie game it was a survival/horror game. And the enemies are BOWs, the Gannados & Majini are really no different than that of Nemesis, it is just a Parasite controlling a host, difference being the host is a human instead of a Tyrant, and the parasite is Las Plagas intead of NE-Alpha.:
THANKYOU!!! Oh my gosh, you mean im not the only person in the world that feels this way or knows this???

*sigh* Honestly though, I love the old Resident Evils, (I played some RE2 today as a matter of fact.) But there's no way they're gonna go back to the old layout.

The first REs were all due to spills, the zombies were never suppose to exist. They're simply rejected beings while those with the proper DNA become tyrants. Similar to Uroburos' DNA choosing.

Do people really expect every RE to be based off of a spill? RE0 and 1 were based off of Marcus' spill. 2,3,OB, and OBF2 were all based on William's spill. That's 4 RE games based off one spill. CV was based on Wesker's. 6 games total based off a spill so it's no suprize that they gave the spills a break. Im not saying not to bring the T-virus back, but plagas (parasites) were a good way to let the zombies go on vacation in my opinion.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It tooke me awhile to realize all of that too, but once I was enlightened, I realized how RE4 & RE5 really weren't that different.:)

You also forgot Survivor, that was based off of Vincent's spill, and Dead Aim was based on Morpheus' spill.:)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the FPS. I hardly remember those ones. But that's ok, i've been back tracking the RE series. I just need to get my RE4 fixed so I can proceed. (Im doing it backwards kinda.)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;45239 said:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the FPS. I hardly remember those ones. But that's ok, i've been back tracking the RE series. I just need to get my RE4 fixed so I can proceed. (Im doing it backwards kinda.)

Fixed? It is broken...

I have been purposely not playing them, simply so that I wouldn't overdo them right before RE5 was released, so I haven't played them in so long, but I need to go back and do so. Only bad thing is that my GC memory card got spontaneously corrupted, so I will not have any of my stuff....

I need to buy a GC memory card.

Yes, my RE4 is scratched in a position where it won't let me play pass a certain part. Im on pro mode and on my way to fight the first gigante when I trigger the cut scene it freezes. I've tried a million times and have even cleaned it with my home scratch cleaner, but it appears i'll need a professional job to fix the scratch. Shame, I should have taken better care of it. But it't kinda hard when I got my RE games scattered cuz im constantly switching one RE game after another. Lol.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
a virus out break is getting kind of old now, so i think its best left alone before we all get bored of it..and it would be especially bad to go back to the t/g virus, jsut because it would have to modified to make it seem "new" but still in my opinion its just getting very repetitive now.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;45309 said:
^That's why I didn't mind plagas.

Lol, yeah, that is one extremely good reason for having it switched to a parasite though,and I bet if Capcom had really stayed with zombies, that by this time we would be pretty sick & tired of them, and by the RE4 Beta, it seems like they knew all along that they wanted to change this, although it looked like ghosts & ghouls, it was still different.:)

Trinity

I'd dissagree with you there,I played a dozen RE zombie games and liked them all,played one game with the parasites and got extremely bored.It was like an extreme round of Counter Strike or something like that.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Trinity;45442 said:
I'd dissagree with you there,I played a dozen RE zombie games and liked them all,played one game with the parasites and got extremely bored.It was like an extreme round of Counter Strike or something like that.

I too played a dozen games with zombies, like them all, and then played a game with parasites, it was fun, of course the game I am talking about is RE3, where the creature that chases you around is controlled by a parasite, the NE-Alpha Parasite actually, which grants it more intelligence, allowing it to wield rocket launchers and to even speak, in addition to being given orders.:) This was echoed in another game, RE4.

Trinity

Oh,I never thought of Nemesis that way,don't know. He didn't give me the hibidajeebies :lol: :)

Spike991;45455 said:
I too played a dozen games with zombies, like them all, and then played a game with parasites, it was fun, of course the game I am talking about is RE3, where the creature that chases you around is controlled by a parasite, the NE-Alpha Parasite actually, which grants it more intelligence, allowing it to wield rocket launchers and to even speak, in addition to being given orders.:) This was echoed in another game, RE4.

Exactly, alot of people don't even know or remember that. It also could be because alot of people think that files are simply pretty peices of paper you just collect. "What? I was suppose to read that thing?"

Not saying that everyone is like that. But alot of people are.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, the documents are not mandatory, but they add a whole lot, and make the RE experience so unique, that is another reason it is hard to make an RE movie to have the same experience as an RE game...

Top Bottom