• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THE PROBLEM WITH HORROR IN BIOHAZARD

wanderer

battle master
is that it completely relies on the first run, the first experience. no play through after the first will ever leave an impact as powerful as you felt on the first. AND THAT IS WHY SURVIVAL HORROR FANS WILL CONTINUE TO BE DISAPPOINTED. when something loses its mystery, it loses your attention, it loses all the tension it was holding. zombies do not scare you because YOU KNOW HOW TO KILL IT, leg shots and head shots are super effective. javo do not scare you because you saw them in a different game with a different name, just that the javos are the newest 2013 model, before that they were majini and ganados, semi intelligent and can take a few hits, but they still die. bloodshots are just bipedal lickers similar to RE5 lickers with less HP. they have reused and recycled the same units over and over again the mystery and tension is completely GONE.

my first RE game was RE4. i remember the regenerators it scared me. then i learned about the regenerators, the strategy. when RE6 came out the RE6 regenerators did not look like a monster that can kill me and force me to be cautious or run away. it just looked like an unsolved rubik's cube that i will without doubt solve and break apart. even less intimidating when you realize it looks like saggy RE4 regenerators on a HANGOVER.

how many more times do you need to be disappointed with the newest Alien/Resident Evil/any horror work, game or movie, before you realize you will already be disappointed before you even experience the next work? people remember being scared watching Alien, but not in Aliens.

-------------
personally, if they want to continue in this road for Biohazard and drop the horror they should increase game difficulty. i would say reduce ammo drops, force you to make every shot count. i play through RE6 and i know i can unload 5 bullets into every enemy i see and the game will always give me more. introduce some units and cannot be killed the same way over and over again. introduce units that you just have to run away from no matter what, and not cinematic cutscene running away like the ustanak. add a special unit that is top level dangerous and would keep a soloing player completely occupied if they add agent hunt mode again, no more slow and clumsy, and letting players run circles around you like there is no tension in this game.

DarkJackal

That can be said for all games I think though, once you play it you know it, and the more you play it the more you learn and know what to do and not to do.

I really think at this point though we are disappointed with RE games because they suck. The story is something new just about every game, it feels there's no continuity and the enemies are similar yet created from completely different things. And all the stupid action and over the top things. All that really needs to be said is there is a dinosaur in RE6.

"i play through RE6 and i know i can unload 5 bullets into every enemy i see and the game will always give me more. introduce some units and cannot be killed the same way over and over again."
I have felt thats been a problem since 4. I mean I never liked finding crates and barrels and just knowing there's gonna be some ammo in them. When you come to a new area you just ran around looking for them. I liked it a lot better when you come to a new area and you see ammo or something placed like on a shelf or you had to check a drawer.

"introduce units that you just have to run away from no matter what" I disagree with this part, thats one of the things I hated most about some RE games the unkillable enemies you just need to avoid. Unless it's like a boss chasing you, but still it woudln't be in that room/area the entire game.

I think increasing difficulty doesn't = more scary though.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
try something pre-RE4 and i think you'd change your tune. make sure you play them on the hardest difficulty setting to get the true survival horror, low ammo experience you're seeking. keep in mind, you may have to unlock these by playing through a time or two, such as real survivor mode in REmake. but the gameplay will be just as rewarding as it is challenging, i promise!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I agree that the old concepts have somehow gotten... well, old. A game that was fun the first time can still be fun the second time, but a game that relies on scariness more than anything else will soon lose its charm, because there's only so much it can do before you know all the tricks and scare tactics. That might be the reason why Revelations, the game everyone praises and prefers over RE5 and 6, didn't have the same effect on me as the classics did back in their time. It was interesting during the first playthrough, but got boring soon after that, and if not for Rape Mode, I wouldn't have touched it anymore ever since. I don't think Capcom are doing us (or themselves) a favour by trying to repeat what was once good.

Let's be honest: Since RE4, the story and concept have always been the same, and can be summed up as follows:
- There's a new virus in some corner of the world that isn't modern present-day America.
- In most cases there's also a missing person involved (Ashley in RE4, Chris in Revelations, Jill in 5).
- One or two agents (be it of the BSAA, the government or whatever) are sent in to investigate.
- Things are quickly getting out of hand and what may have seemed to be a routine mission turns into a nightmare.
- A new villain is introduced and ultimately defeated (with the exception of Wesker, who wasn't new) while the two or three surviving heroes barely make it out alive.
- At least one new hero is also introduced, one that is often more interesting than the recurring main characters, and they usually survive, but are never seen again after their one and only appearance.

Throw a few specific characters into the mix and history repeats itself even more:
- If Chris is involved, he'll be trying to find a missing person, mourning a dead one, or both, or there is some other personal tragedy surrounding him.
- If Claire is involved, she'll find herself thrown into a hazardous situation rather than seeking it out by herself.
- If Leon is involved, Ada won't be far away, and the endless "Dating Catwoman" soap opera will start over again. Their "romance" is never resolved, just like the question who Ada really is or what she really wants is never answered.

So, what can be done about this? Return to the classics and make future games just like they were back then? As I said, I don't think so. People who replay the classics nowadays or buy the latest remastered version of Resident Evil XY, don't do so because they want to be scared. They do so because they're good games, and perhaps nostalgia has something to do with it too, but scariness? Not so much. The only RE that was truly scary in my opinion was the first because back then we didn't know what the hell was going on. Now that we do, all that might still care us are the jump scares and gore, and that's what RE has always been about if we're honest.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
If you're looking for horror in this series then stop looking at the newer games. They hold so much potential to be scary but ultimately fail for the sake of massive appeal. The classic games still hold up today, especially Zero and REmake because you actually have something to lose. Sure, you may memorize the story, the enemies, and the jump scares, but that doesn't make it any less intimidating to play through because who knows when was the last time you saved it, how much ammo or health you have left, or just how far from the corner an enemy really is? It's still a huge gamble and that's where the horror really lies in those games passed the first, second, or even third round.

These days, Resident Evil holds your hand by making the knife something anyone can exploit rather than something that takes skill to master. Add melee combat and stores, now there's no reason to conserve ammo, you'll have plenty the whole through. Death is also no longer a consequence thanks to the chapter/level based nature of the games that let you restart from a checkpoint like if you never died. Jump scares have also been lacking thanks to the new cinematic approach that eases you into situations rather than having them occur seamlessly with the experience, making the situation that much more frantic. I know this is nothing new, as it was done with the first zombie of the series, even the licker, but those are much more justifiable and still scarier than anything in RE4 and onwards.

Take RE5 for example. The first encounter with the chainsaw majini could have been a perfect opportunity for a jump scare but instead we get a cutscene that allows us to mentally prepare for the situation... It isn't until later in the game where this is done right with the reapers. There's little room to maneuver and as you're mindlessly running to the end, a reaper falls right in front of your face bringing you to a halt and forcing you back and unless you get your shots right, you're as good as dead and for that, I give RE5 props.

Like I said before, there's still plenty of potential in the series, it's just a shame it all gets wasted. If this series is going to continue to be action oriented, then at least take the time to scare us a few times instead of leaving the experience completely irredeemable.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
people remember being scared watching Alien, but not in Aliens.
...That's because "Alien" was a horror movie..It was MADE to be a horror movie..."Aliens" on the other hand, was made to be an action movie with a few tense moments...That was the goal. Each movie, while they take place in the same universe, are completely different genres. So that's really not a good comparison...I mean...It sort of is, if you're trying to use that analogy to compare REmake to RE5, for example...But just stating that "Oh they did Aliens wrong because it doesn't scare you." is a fallacy because it wasn't MADE to be a true horror...

Now, as far as Resident Evil is concerned, compare Resident Evil 6 to The Evil Within (For those of you who have played the Evil Within. For those of you who haven't no worries, no spoilers here). The Evil within controls like a true mix of RE4 and RE6, however, the atmosphere is one of true beauty. It is legitimate horror with a few action sequences peppered in. For the majority of the game you are alone, and in the scenes where you HAVE a partner(s) they will only last a few minutes until you are separated again. All over Facebook people are calling it the unofficial sequel to RE4, and that's damn true...In fact, it's scarier as a whole than RE4 ever was (Not that RE4 wasn't scary. I think it was the last frightening game in the series). If Resident Evil could employ the same tactics...Then it would be great. Tactics like:

1. Resident Evil - you find Handgun Ammo, and it's almost always a 15 shots or more. (A full magazine in other words)
The Evil Within - Every time you find ammo, the amount is different. (Sometimes you will find a SINGLE bullet. Other times you'll get a full clip. You cannot trust ammo drops...

2. Resident Evil - When a boss fight happens, you have a cutscene first, so you know it's coming. (Much like with "it" in Resident Evil 4.
The Evil Within - Boss fights happen, and you don't realize it's a boss fight (usually) until it's killed you once, and you think "Sh*t...This needs to be handled differently..." (Much like what @Turo602 said above)

3. Resident Evil - The story is pretty solid, but there really isn't MYSTERY to it...You mission is laid out before you, and you know your goal...The only surprise are the things that pop up along the way...
The Evil Within - By the time I was at chapter 6 (out of 15), my friends and I still only had guesses as to what the HELL could be going on, with almost nothing CONCRETE to justify our theories...

4. Resident Evil - Your characters at this point, are no longer afraid...I think that sucks...Yes, they've been through outbreaks in the past, and yes, they're working for the BSAA or the government, or whatever...That doesn't mean they own't be afraid...They just know that they must OVERCOME that fear...We don't see this happening anymore...In REmake we could SEE the fear in Chris, Jilll, and Barry...Hell, even in RE4 there were times were Leon seemed rather unnerved...But not in 6...No one in RE6 seemed to be scared of anything at ALL.
The Evil Within - Your character, as a cop, knows he has a duty...But is still noticeably shaken up at all the F*CKED up things that are happening to him. Audiences need to be able to relate to their character...Even on a subconscious level...If your character is noticeably freaked out...You will be too, even if you don't realize you're only scared because you're watching your character fall to pieces right in front of you...

wanderer

battle master
"introduce units that you just have to run away from no matter what" I disagree with this part, thats one of the things I hated most about some RE games the unkillable enemies you just need to avoid. Unless it's like a boss chasing you, but still it woudln't be in that room/area the entire game.

I think increasing difficulty doesn't = more scary though.

my intention for adding difficulty is less about scary, it is compensation for not having scary. nowadays companies think making enemies hit harder means higher difficulty, that is wrong. just like in RE6 it did not change how easy it was to kill a zombie. adding new movement patterns, new attack animations, random attack sequences, that is how you change a basic unit to something you have to keep an eye on.

and for those that mentioned it, i agree we need less cutscenes. what is wrong with a game BEING a game? stop making games like interactive movies. less QTEs please it is just an unnecessary road block. i am not liking too many things being scripted nowadays.

when i was suggesting enemies that you have to avoid i was not talking unkillable. we already have the ustanak, which functioned very much like the Dahaka from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and the thing is the Dahaka scared better than the Ustanak. i was thinking less less running away cutscenes but battles where you have to be at your best, complete alert. you can kill it but you must figure it out yourself. so lets NOT leave a flamethrower in the same room as a creature that is weak against fire :sad: if Capcom wants to terrify they need to work with the idea of being HELPLESS. there are few emotions that make people scream faster than the feeling of being helpless. right now we have the basic idea working in biohazard: magnums and shotguns solve most things, explosives solve EVERYTHING. explosives literally solve everything in RE5 and RE6, anything in Biohazard in general. what if they gave you weapons but you were STILL HELPLESS with it? well right now Capcom's ideas are to put us up against an army of zombies, but the thing is they made us into the TERMINATOR. how is the terminator supposed to feel helpless against some slow clumsy sloth trying to scratch you to death? the T-1000 is a good model for making that helpless feeling. unlike a regenerator they need to do work with the idea of intelligent fast and not slow + clumsy + magnums solve everything.
t-1000.jpg

at this point i am not expecting any newer biohazard games to be scary.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
To KK's point, I think that one of the problems that the Resident Evil games also have at this point is that not only are the main characters rarely frightened or scared anymore - for the most part, they're all super humans that go through these journeys that no regular human being survive. I understand they're all highly trained government agents, but they still shouldn't be invincible and they are.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To KK's point, I think that one of the problems that the Resident Evil games also have at this point is that not only are the main characters rarely frightened or scared anymore - for the most part, they're all super humans that go through these journeys that no regular human being survive. I understand they're all highly trained government agents, but they still shouldn't be invincible and they are.
Which is why Chris should have died. How would it look, if the flagship character died. Even he wasn't invincible. But instead, they chickened out, and killed off his partner instead. Lame.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Which is why Chris should have died. How would it look, if the flagship character died. Even he wasn't invincible. But instead, they chickened out, and killed off his partner instead. Lame.

Chris dying in RE6 would do nothing for this series. RE6 is such a pointless game that proved Capcom doesn't know what they're doing with the series anymore. If RE6 was actually a survival horror game that put Chris through a lot and actually had him uncover or stop something that the series was leading to for a while, then him dying would mean something. Otherwise, why kill such a major character in such a random game? Which is why I'm glad Capcom went the other route, because even they knew it was forced and wouldn't have done the character any justice.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I still think Wesker and Chris should have taken each other out back in RE 5. Chris' main antagonist has always been Wesker and it just feels odd to continue his storyline without that dynamic. I don't find Chris' storyline remotely compelling anymore - though keeping in mind I haven't played Revelations.

Not to sound like a Game of Thrones geek - but if GoT has proved anything, it's that you can kill off your main character one book/season in and people will still be hooked, and even more so than before. I find RE hasn't been interesting precisely because Capcom hasn't been willing to take any risks with their storyline. I mean - I remember the atmosphere at this forum pre-RE5 when it was announced that Jill had 'died' - no one could believe Capcom would go there and it really wasn't a surprise that the alarm was a false one. They do the same formula over and over again and it's becoming redundant.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't think any character's death would help the game return to its former glory. RE6 proves that even a character like Helena, who is said to not have any prior experience with biohazards, can handle any situation she gets thrown into perfectly, and now they're doing the same to Claire, stating that she "has become a veteran" since the last time we see her, and that her gameplay in Revelations 2 will be more action-packed compared to Moira's. It's the gameplay that has changed, and that has nothing to do with the characters. Remember that the STARS were already the police department's elite squad back in 1998 and had to survive a mere mansion full of zombies, not an entire city, so if we look at things realistically, they should have had a much easier time than Leon and Claire, who were just a rookie and a civilian back then.

If anything, Chris's death in RE6 might have made sense from a story point of view, much more than Piers's at least, but if we really think the changes RE has gone through can be undone by killing off the characters who we are used to see in too much action, then he wouldn't be the only one to kill. Leon would be next, and possibly Ada. But all three of them could still be in a horror game if some outbreak caught them by surprise, instead of them being sent in by the BSAA / the government / whoever Ada is working for. (Well, it didn't work for Leon in his RE6 campaign, which is still the one with the most explosions, but it could work, if done correctly.)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think any character's death would help the game return to its former glory. RE6 proves that even a character like Helena, who is said to not have any prior experience with biohazards, can handle any situation she gets thrown into perfectly, and now they're doing the same to Claire, stating that she "has become a veteran" since the last time we see her, and that her gameplay in Revelations 2 will be more action-packed compared to Moira's. It's the gameplay that has changed, and that has nothing to do with the characters. Remember that the STARS were already the police department's elite squad back in 1998 and had to survive a mere mansion full of zombies, not an entire city, so if we look at things realistically, they should have had a much easier time than Leon and Claire, who were just a rookie and a civilian back then.

If anything, Chris's death in RE6 might have made sense from a story point of view, much more than Piers's at least, but if we really think the changes RE has gone through can be undone by killing off the characters who we are used to see in too much action, then he wouldn't be the only one to kill. Leon would be next, and possibly Ada. But all three of them could still be in a horror game if some outbreak caught them by surprise, instead of them being sent in by the BSAA / the government / whoever Ada is working for. (Well, it didn't work for Leon in his RE6 campaign, which is still the one with the most explosions, but it could work, if done correctly.)
It's not that killing off a character would make the game return to its former glory...It's that it would be nice for Capcom to throw a curve ball once in a while...

As for Leon and Claire surviving in a city vs. Chris and Jill in a mansion, you have to remember Claire and Leon were BARELY in the City at all. Nearly 100% of the game takes place in a Police Station and underground labs, so they don't have the 100,000 plus citizens to deal with...

As far as Helena surviving...She was already a trained individual, and she'd be F*CKED if not for Leon...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I must have misunderstood you then.

But it's still a common opinion among RE fans that the games not being scary anymore is the fault of the characters who have just gotten used to it, although in the end it doesn't matter how scared or not scared the character is (can that even be measured?), it's the player that should be scared. Look at Heather from Silent Hill 3 and how her attitude remains sarcastic, witty and ironic throughout most of the game despite all the horrors she faces, yet that doesn't make the game itself any less scary. Sure, she's also just an ordinary teenage girl who has been growing up in a (relatively) safe environment in the care of an overprotective father, but that alone doesn't contribute to the scare factor at all as she still controls and fights like any other character in a game like that.

To cut a long story short: The point is that Silent Hill manages to be scary no matter the playable character's personality or combat experience, and Resident Evil used to be like that too. (For example, if you look at Chris's personality and biography in RE1's manual, he doesn't really seem like the type of character you'd play as in a horror game, neither does Jill, yet they're the ones who started it all.) So I'm sure it should be possible to make the game "scary" again (i. e. as scary as it can still be now that the original mystery is gone) without killing anyone off.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Looks like i´m the only one that likes Resident Evil like it is now...Look,i like the old ones too ( i´d like to try Zero but it hasn´t a playstation release ....) like Resident evil 2 and Code Veronica.Nemesis looks nice too but i´ve never acctually cleared it ( i still want to though ). But to me Resident Evil 6 is better than 4 or 5 ever was. That Ashley character is annoying as **** ( you´ve got to admit it) and things got a little better with Sheeva on Re5 ( even though ppeople bitch about how she isn´t so effective as she should be ). Instead of closing my eyes and refuse to embrace the changes the series had gone through,i´d rather adapt to them,without forgetting the older titles. And i´m soooo curious about Evil Within too. It´s like some people are forcing themselves too search for errors and mistakes everywhere on the new games,and for what? Don´t like the new Re? Don´t play them ,goddamit.Go look for other alternatives :( a lot of you say Re as already lost it´s glory so why still cry about it anyway?) like The last of us ( simply love it! ) ,Silent hill ( you gotta admit that Kojima is a genius) or the newest Evil Within. Games look like movies now? So what? I kinda find it chalenging that you can´t tell the difference between acctual gameplay and movie sequences,It makes you to be more focused.Is that so bad? geez.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Looks like i´m the only one that likes Resident Evil like it is now...Look,i like the old ones too ( i´d like to try Zero but it hasn´t a playstation release ....) like Resident evil 2 and Code Veronica.Nemesis looks nice too but i´ve never acctually cleared it ( i still want to though ). But to me Resident Evil 6 is better than 4 or 5 ever was. That Ashley character is annoying as **** ( you´ve got to admit it) and things got a little better with Sheeva on Re5 ( even though ppeople bitch about how she isn´t so effective as she should be ). Instead of closing my eyes and refuse to embrace the changes the series had gone through,i´d rather adapt to them,without forgetting the older titles. And i´m soooo curious about Evil Within too. It´s like some people are forcing themselves too search for errors and mistakes everywhere on the new games,and for what? Don´t like the new Re? Don´t play them ,goddamit.Go look for other alternatives :( a lot of you say Re as already lost it´s glory so why still cry about it anyway?) like The last of us ( simply love it! ) ,Silent hill ( you gotta admit that Kojima is a genius) or the newest Evil Within. Games look like movies now? So what? I kinda find it chalenging that you can´t tell the difference between acctual gameplay and movie sequences,It makes you to be more focused.Is that so bad? geez.
I think you're missing the point Entirely that people are trying to make here...

1. "Games look like movies now?" - They weren't saying that it's bad that games look like movies...They were saying it's bad that games look like Michael Bay or Sylvester Stalone ACTION movies...With NEEDLESS explosions, and other aspects....Hell, REmake looks like a movie...It has a cinematic quality that NO other RE game (Save for RE0) has. It looks AND plays realistically. You don't collect gold or upgrade points. You don't upgrade weapons. You have what you find, and what you find are relatively normal items.

2. I'm not NECESSARILY arguing with you...I like the newer Resident Evil games, however, they argument here is that they aren't SCARY anymore. And, no matter how much you like the new ones, it's flat wrong to say they are scarier than the old ones. It's not even something one can really have an opinion about because the game is made to NOT be based around horror. Resident Evil 4 was the last game that had that horror atmosphere, despite the action style gameplay. At the end of the day, what we are bitchin about is not "Does Resident Evil suck now." It's a deeper version of "Why does it suck comparatively to the old games." The answer is plain and simple. You don't take a genre that is HORROR, and 5 or 6 games later cut the initial purpose of the game our ENTIRELY.

3. We shouldn't HAVE to look for alternatives. As dedicated fans of a beloved series, we want THIS to be good. We want THIS to still hold a special place in our hears. We want THIS to feel like it feels the first time we played REmake, or RE4, or RE2, or whatever your ideal RE game is from the golden age...

4. You can adapt to Gameplay. You can adapt to story. That's fine. But you cannot take the HORROR out of a game that was build ON horror, so don't talk about adapting, when it's something that shouldn't have to be done.

5. And finally, the formula they have now IS a boring one, and they NEED to make changes. They need to stop sending in partners to due a mission. They need to stop letting main characters survive. They need to make us wonder "How is this game going to end?" Rather than being able to say "Ok, so this guy is gonna get his just desserts, I just wonder how many levels until we get to do that..."

6. Actucally...THIS is the final one...You cannot compare Ashley to other partners. Ashley was NOT a partner. Ashley was your mission. She is SUPPOSED to be useless. She is a 19 year old college girl that was abducted and taken to a foreign land...Comparing Ashley to Sheva, or to ANY other partner character, is the same as comparing Mary Jane to Wonder-Woman and saying "Oh, well Mary Jane is useless because she doesn't have powers..." No sh*t...She's not a superhero. She's a main character, yes, but she's also a story point...And just that...

Reactions: Hel

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I guess i hit a goddamn nerv....
It´s that bad giving my opinion. That just shows why i shouldn´t have.
Don´t remember saying that Ashley is a partner.Only that she´s a annoying chick.
Everything else needn´t be said cause my opinion will sound like i´m the bad guy.
Au revoir!

wanderer

battle master
now the game i see Chris in RE6, i see he has no point to be there, his place was completed in RE5, he might as well just retire and be a mentor type of character for BSAA recruits for all future RE games. the game no longer scares, not a big deal to me but the story is stagnant! Neo-Umbrella was introduced and finished off in the same game, they made little effort to explain why Simmons and Carla seemed to want the same thing but fought each other. why the C-virus is so random, one instance turning targets into zombies, another into Javo, and another goes straight into the Napad form skipping the Javo phase. the only thing i did learn here was that Ada is a professional freelance merc just like Jake, not specifically working for any company organization. Capcom's RE story now is a mess!

. But to me Resident Evil 6 is better than 4 or 5 ever was. .

i liked RE5. i find RE5 is better than RE6 in every way except in extra content, that is the only area RE6 is better than RE5. i like RE5's inventory and storage system, i like the weapon upgrade system, but RE6's combat system is far better, because realistically you shouldn't have to shoot once before you can throw out a punch or kick, and Re6's combat system upgrades includes counters and basic melee combo. i really wish someone could mod the Re6 game to have RE5's inventory and storage system, because yea i wish i could bring the wing shooter and semiautomatic rifle with me no matter the mission, its the only 2 weapons i need to bring. i played RE5 plenty of times only using pistol+rifle, it rocked that i soon met another player that also like to play with a handicap challenge.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Don´t remember saying that Ashley is a partner.Only that she´s a annoying chick.
Everything else needn´t be said cause my opinion will sound like i´m the bad guy.
Au revoir!
I'm not saying you can't have an opinion...But what you were saying really didn't relate in any way shape or form to what THIS thread is actually about...That's All I was saying..You didn't "Hit a a goddamn nerv," because if we let our nerves get the better of us when talking about a video game, we as a society have a problem. I was just explaining why your comment didn't fit into this thread in a very clear and concise manner...The title is "The Problem with HORROR in Biohazard." Emphasis on the "Horror" part. Not "Which games are better, old or new."

Last edited:

DarkJackal

Personally I think RE has gotten worse with each game since 4. I mean 4 for example had this great buy/sell/upgrade system. I feel was kinda not as good in RE5, and then completely removed/dumbed down for 6. And again how the story just constantly changes and makes new crap up each game, to take it a step further they changed so much it needs 3 separate stories for 1 game. I wonder how it could have been if all that effort was put into 1 campaign.

Au revoir!
People are always gonna disagree with you no matter what, but theres plenty of people who would agree as well. And adding opinions is what this whole forum is for pretty much. So you shouldn't not do it.

Top Bottom