• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I hate the ship! :confused: I don't like ships in general, but ships with nearly immortal chainsaw-wielding mental cases are even worse! My favourite maps are Public Assembly, Village and Prison. That Tomb Raider style cave would be cool too, if only it wasn't for the many Duvalias and the fact that I always lose my combo because I can't find the enemies in time.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I hate the ship! :confused: I don't like ships in general, but ships with nearly immortal chainsaw-wielding mental cases are even worse! My favourite maps are Public Assembly, Village and Prison. That Tomb Raider style cave would be cool too, if only it wasn't for the many Duvalias and the fact that I always lose my combo because I can't find the enemies in time.
Mines, Shudders, hate that cavey map. Always get stabbed in the back by the giant cockroach :(

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Actually I meant that other map, the place where enemies attack you with sunbeams in story mode (4-2). I like the mines, to be honest. What annoys me about the cockroaches is not their one-hit-kill, but the fact that you can't even defend yourself most of the time, only when their weak spot is exposed. But is it possible that there are two chickens in the mines?

By the way, I just looked up my highest score in RE5 Mercenaries and realised that once I somehow managed to have almost three million points in Public Assembly. :confused: I have no idea how that happened and apparently it never happened again, because my second highest score is 375015 in Village. Maybe a glitch?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why does it jump to 999999 at the end? I have a 150 combo too sometimes, but I rarely get more than 400000!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, in my case it's because of Dark Witch Sheva. For some reason (probably due to her magic), whenever I play with her, the ammo never goes out, the combo is never lost, and she can't die. :confused: Mysterious. (It still doesn't explain the three million points, though, because as I said, I rarely get more than 400000.)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Jill is quite useless in both of her outfits because she has nothing suitable to fight those bigger enemies.

I find Battlesuit Jill is quite effective. The Rifle is good for killing bosses such as the axe guys. I just used to spray the Majini with the machine gun to get them in position to use Neckbreaker or Double-Knee Drop. However, if I'm playing with someone who is playing as Wesker, I just use BSAA Jill and rely on them to take out the bosses with the Magnum. BSAA Jill is useful for flash grenades.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You're right, the rifle is strong, but the problem with rifles in general is that they are difficult to use while you're surrounded by enemies (which is, unfortunately, often the case in Mercenaries). It takes time to ready the weapon, it takes time to aim, and once you do that, you can no longer see what is happening right next to you. Especially annoying in No Mercy mode. I only use rifles in Story Mode when I have the possibility to fight enemies from a distance. (But I've never been good at that either, so maybe I'm just not a rifle type.)

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I actually tried out Battle Suit Jill last night for the first time in forever and managed to get an S rank on Public Assembly and the Village. Still difficult to use, but not useless. Just gotta be more tactful I suppose.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I actually tried out Battle Suit Jill last night for the first time in forever and managed to get an S rank on Public Assembly and the Village. Still difficult to use, but not useless. Just gotta be more tactful I suppose.

Battlesuit Jill is difficult for stages such as the village, unless you hole yourself up at a dead end and just aim your rifle at the oncoming enemies. It's still difficult though, what with them jumping at you whenever they get the opportunity.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Why does it jump to 999999 at the end? I have a 150 combo too sometimes, but I rarely get more than 400000!
their hackers. No one has a legit score over 1.5 million on res 5 most of the top scores about 900 000. Edit: the actual video you showed, well they get over a million but in the end of mission screen theres only 6 digits available to show the 999 999 , but when he shows the leaderboard it goes over a million. The ones who are top of the leaderboards with 9million are the hackers

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I've recently been playing this (and for only the second time since release) and have really been having a blast! I think I'd say Experimental Facility is my favorite board to play. I have 'S' ranked that one with almost everyone, but I seem to be stuck at 'A' ranks on all the other boards. I think if I were playing duo, I'd have a better chance at a higher score...

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I've been loving RE5 mercenaries again! It is such a challenge after playing re6, and somehow its more exciting!I'm going for 150 combos on my two favourite maps Public Assembly or Prison. I prefer Reunion in the gameplay as it balances the maps better and you get higher scores for big combos, but I like all the original mercenaries characters, Chris STARS and Jill BSAA and my regular favourites now, although my highest score is with Rebecca..Rebecca and Barry are my favourites to use in Reunion.

Mordecur

"Women"
I still play mercenaries on this game, I quite enjoy it. If you would like to play add me on PSN and message me. My PSN is Fireskull9090

Albert-Whisker

My corrupted Legacy
I like mercenaries, but I'm not a pro at it. I rarely get a really high score, mostly because I can never keep the combo up. Mainly because I can't find people in time. My favorite place is the ship deck, but only when I'm playing with my sister and I'm tribal Sheva or Wesker STARS.

RyanValentine

Does anyone wanna play Resident Evil 5 with me and help me beat the game? (It's more fun with a teammate) I love to play Mercenaries but I don't have it unlocked yet and I only have the Mercenaries Reunion right now. I have all DLC for RE5 but I would like to play it with someone. I have a mic and I'm on xbox 360, my gamertag is Valentine0213

Sackboy123

Lovely Claire Redfield
I still play Mercenaries in this game sometimes, however I'm one of them players that just play it for the survival aspects and not the high scores so if anyone is interested to play then feel free to add me on PSN, it's Unchartedfan001

Top Bottom