• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

aoshi

^ I jus SSed ancient ruins. It was not as hard as experimental facility. Heck i found ship deck easier to SS compared to experimental facility. It was a bitch.

By the way excella gionne's melees are funny as hell. I am LMFAO

benfen

Leon fan
Diffren't strokes. I may find some levels easy -cough Ex. Facility cough- that you find hard. Same way with Ancient Ruins. Keep on troopin through 'em.

Sonny

This is the Mercanries mode thread for RE5. Hopefully it'll get a sticky.

This thread is for:

Posting your duo and solo scores.

Asking for help on Mercs.

Asking for an online partner to join you in Mercs.

General discussion about Mercs.

I figured it's more efficient and beneficial for everyone if all the Mercs stuff is in one thread.

hey guys. i just scored 596000 in Mines (Reunion) solo with Sheva. i know its a gud score but is it rlly impressive? i'm not on the playstation network so i dont know wut the high scores are.

aoshi

^ No worries. Your score is somethin i would only dream about.I guess it has a lot to do with melees and frggin the timer.Very good score indeed.

benfen

Leon fan
^ No worries. Your score is somethin i would only dream about.I guess it has a lot to do with melees and frggin the timer.Very good score indeed.

Yes, it is about meeles. In RE5, it gets to the point where every time you play you knock out every enemy on the stage (I'm no where near that point, if it were possible in RE4 though...). The only way to squeeze more points in is to get a better time, and to do that is to meele kill as much as possible.

aoshi

Yes, it is about meeles. In RE5, it gets to the point where every time you play you knock out every enemy on the stage (I'm no where near that point, if it were possible in RE4 though...). The only way to squeeze more points in is to get a better time, and to do that is to meele kill as much as possible.

The issue that i have with melees is i have to be in close range to majinis to perform them. If i get surrounded , there is no option but to run for safety. Although an alternative can be to pick up items that dodge you from attacks from surrounding majinis.I am losing my cool in my target to get 300k in RE 5. I think RE 4 was more strategic where enemies were to be gunned down. Come to think of it, RE 5 melees jus made the mode cheaper.I hated stomping. But guess thats a better way to get a higher score which is cheap.I don't stomp unless i need to get a combo going. Else its neckbreakers all the way.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Wouldn't have that problem if HUNK were in RE5. Agreed that RE5 Mercs is dumb in encouraging cheap tactics (that I use in tryhard mode, lol,) but it is what it. Hopefully, ORC will be better.

Sickography

I use to get SS with my roommate on nearly every level, at the time I wasn't into Res 5, he just needed help unlocking and killing. Well I recently dusted off the cover two years after him being gone and I've done everything but Merc's and I'm needing companionship.

The reason that we did so well, I believe was that as a team we worked well, we knew what each other would do, where we would g, and all around made one of the most badass duos around. I memorized hourglass and bonus spots and took care of them while he slayed away until all was taen care of and we would go back to back taking out the remainder.

Well Ive long since lost the skill I once possessed, I lost my pal, forgot about hourglasses. I'm starting over so to speak, and, well, I need a new partner or two, or three maybe. Anyone who desires to be one. Frankly though I dont have a mic and so this makes smooth running difficult in hop-ins. I'd really like someone dedicated (as far as dedication to games go), someone who'll converse and discuss with me plans of action, strategies, someone who I can learn from and them have something to learn from me, and who I can develop a flow with that will ultimately dominate the Merc games like I used to do.

Of course this.. Would imply that I'll also like to know who I'm with. Know how they think, what they do, their favorite course of action most of which I'll determine on my own through said discussions, like your way of thinking and how you handle your ****. Hope I can say that..

I'm not a nerd but, the fun I find from these games, these, co-operative plays, is the team work or flow as I put it that is either found or developed and the duo becoming more and more a dangerous double as they progress in said flow. And I need something to pass time until I can acquire the other titles on my wish list, or until add-ons for Skyrim come.

And hopefully if some do step up this flow will be able to transfer to other games that come and go.

GT Sickography and I get alot of adds so if you are keen to the conditions above then you wont mind introducing yourself and letting me know you came from here.

Leon Alexis

I am not saying that I am great,but my scores are: Public assembly _222,771 Jill BSAA. I did combo 150 and collected all 4 bonus box, 15 sec.had last. : Prison_ 151,670,but I dont remebmer combo. The mersenaries I do play only Jill BASS (Xbox360)

Leon Alexis

By the way, how about you (that play RE5 the mercenaries) will play solo without any spray or eggs or herbs, after that show your scores. I think that this **** is more realistic and more difficult. Your scores ... ...!!! I ll be trying do this ****!!!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Im a pretty good mercenary i pull my own weight
Unlike most of my partners oh well
Although i have terrible solo scores & ok duo scores but that's just me

rambof07

There are lot of movie collection but it depend upon choice that what we want to see first because very movie has some different story and it's effects.

eX29-

I used to have all double S rank in all stages plus characters for both mercenaries and reunion on my main account. I started playing all the old school resident evil games on gamecube to get ready for resident evil 6, also played resident evil 5's story mode.

Anyways. I'm looking for people to play mercenaries or reunion from time to time just for the heck of it. I'm not looking to break records and such just play for fun while trying to get the best possible rank. If your interested add me on PSN ( eX29- ) include message saying Res5.

I'll also play story mode but not on Pro. However! Main reason is for mercenaries because I love to play that mode duo online, it's alot more fun.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Anyone wants to play mercs? I'm not a very good player and I haven't played a long time ago but I'm trying to get good scores...

M4Gord

Used to be pretty good at Mercenaries. SS on all maps with all characters in co-op, and SS with all characters in all maps in Reunion solo.

Vanilla Mercenaries was always a lalala though. Gave up trying to getting all SS ranks solo a long time ago

Top Bottom