• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Terrible?

v iBaxter

i think the worst part about the movies is alice and the fact that the virus is global and randomly turns everything into desert...?

Trinity

I heard that there's going to be a 4th part..Afterlife I think,but I don't expect anything from it :)

Wesker_xSTARSx

I love Romero and all, but I couldn't stand to see Jill & Chris romanticly involved. It just doesn't say horror in the way you want it to.

lena

they just put the movie way more of milla jovovich's personal show and less regard for the game itself

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
What I really don't get about the movies is why they felt the need to create Alice's character in the first place. I mean aren't there enough characters from the Resident Evil games--and I'm not even including Outbreak, Survivor or any other spin-offs the series spawned when I say this--that they could have found something to do with the characters they had? There was absolutely no reason to have her as the main character and I've really come to despise her. Superpowers? wtf?:blink:

About Degeneration, I liked it. :blush: I'm actually about to buy it today. I didn't like Angela, though; the little thing between her and Leon took attention off Claire. (Has anyone ever noticed that Leon keeps ditching Claire, leaving her with little kids so that he can hang out with potential girlfriends?)

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Here's the problem with all of the movies from day 1. Survival Horror. They completely neglected that main concept and turned it into the wachowski inspired kickin' zombie ass and takin' names action "thriller" garbage it is. They soiled the very franchise we came to know and love with superflous plot and knocking off likable characters.

Everyone remembers the disturbing feeling of walking into the dining room F1 with that ominous grangfather clock ticking...and the dim lit hallways of ****tered windows at the R.P.D. It those moments of "too quiet" that gets our hearts going. The very essence lost in these overexagerated films

But thats just the tip of the iceberg as we all know. I just hope that one day someone will listen to our plees and give us the movie we all dreamed of and RE deserves

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Capcomplicated;74550 said:
I just hope that one day someone will listen to our plees and give us the movie we all dreamed of and RE deserves
And let's just hope that when that day comes, the new movies have absolutely nothing to do with Alice.

Mr Sunshine

Claire_Redfield;74560 said:
And let's just hope that when that day comes, the new movies have absolutely nothing to do with Alice.

Actually, let's just hope that the new movies have everything to do with Claire. :D

I want a 45 minute monologue of Claire in the next film. :p

Edited: A few scenes of Claire beating Ada up are welcome too.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Okay, so I'm finally back and able to put more into my opinion! lol.

First off,
T-Vaccinated Kid;62277 said:
"The other guy"? You can't be referring to the Master of Horror, the Creator of Zombies, the Lord of Gore: George A. Romero! Shame on you!

Sorry, I didnt remember his name. But yes, him. His script was 100% better then P.Andersons script.

Second:
v iBaxter;67246 said:
the HIVE in resi 2

That wasnt a hive, that was a lab. Very big difference.

Also, on RE:4 Afterlife...or whatever its going to be called, I want to see it in 3D but that would probably be the only reason to go and see it. I wont look at it as a "Resdient Evil" movie, but more of a movie to just go and look at the special effects. I'm going to give "Wesker" a new name, along with "Chris" because I do not want to ruin who they are in the game. Now...if only I could think up proper names for them. lol

RE: Degenerous (sp, I know it sucks, you get what I mean) : this one..meh. not the best, but better then the movies. I didnt like how it was small bits of Zombies.

I want a RE movie that has ZOMBIES and all the other effed up monsters (BOWs ect) in it!! Is that too much to ask for?! one RE movie (RE: D) gets the characters but no zombies, and the others get the zombies but no characters! ugh!

sorry sorry rambling again-okay back on point.

as many of you guys have pointed out, RE:E is..well the worst. WTH was up with the whole world turning into a desert? Last I checked, the mansion (and Raccoon city) didnt turn into a desert when the T-Virus took over. The plants became mutated, not dead--(well you know what I mean)...duh! Also..if the Zombies in RE:E were there for so long..wouldnt they have turned into lickers? Like in REmake? Also..where the hell were the lickers?! they were in one and two but not three? let me guess, the heat killed them all? *rolls eyes* Lets just stop calling these 3 movies "Resident Evil". Deal?

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
Personally, I like the movies. I can't wait for the next one! But it is true that they aren't very.... Resident Evily... but the next one has Wesker and Chris! Hopefully Wesker has his powers.

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
Awaii-Lynne;74720 said:
I'm going to give "Wesker" a new name, along with "Chris" because I do not want to ruin who they are in the game. Now...if only I could think up proper names for them. lol

Maybe.... "Bill" and "Francis" ? lol or "Ellis" and "Coach" ? or maybe... "Zoey" and "Rochelle" ? lol . . . yeah... I'm making reference to Left 4 Dead.... sue me. :D

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Wesker's_heir;75730 said:
Personally, I like the movies. I can't wait for the next one! But it is true that they aren't very.... Resident Evily... but the next one has Wesker and Chris! Hopefully Wesker has his powers.
The movies aren't terrible...as stand-alone movies but when connected with the regular RE universe...they kinda stink. :blush: I find it easier to watch them if I try to pretend that they have nothing to do with RE at all.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Magnolia Grandiflora;75867 said:
The movies aren't terrible...as stand-alone movies but when connected with the regular RE universe...they kinda stink. :blush: I find it easier to watch them if I try to pretend that they have nothing to do with RE at all.

I concur, except its hard for me blink out that fact

Awaii-Lynne;74720 said:
sorry sorry rambling again-okay back on point.

Lol happens to me all the time when i rant...sorry for anyone who reads my serious posts

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Wesker's_heir;75734 said:
Maybe.... "Bill" and "Francis" ? lol or "Ellis" and "Coach" ? or maybe... "Zoey" and "Rochelle" ? lol . . . yeah... I'm making reference to Left 4 Dead.... sue me. :D

lol work for me! So long as they arent called Wesker and Chris I'm good!

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
I agree. The first movie was alright and decent, not too overboard but it wasn't really Resident Evil. As a fan and gamer of the original games, I would have preferred the movies to at least follow the games. But no, we get Milla becoming all superhuman with telekinesis... and after watching Afterlife, I hope someone one day has the nerve to blast this **** to hell and create a movie worthy of the Resident Evil title.

Top Bottom