• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spider-Man vs Bat Man

Spider-Man vs Bat Man

• Spider-Man

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Bat Man

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meg

So bin ich eben
Reading through this thread made me think off why vs. threads are banned on another forum. ;)

Anyway, I'm not a comic book fan, so going off of the movies and games I say Batman. Yeah he doesn't have powers and so uses gadgets, but he's also the World's Greatest Detective. ;) You can bet he'd be able to come up with a plan to beat Spiderman.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree on all your points. :D

The Mask of the Phantasm... Whoa, it's been so long since I last watched that movie. Andrea's one of my favorite Batman rogues.

Also, I'd like to say that Batman actually is considered by most of the the comic book community as being more intelligent than Peter Parker. I've been left with that impression due to years of browsing Comic Book Resources and "Killer Movies Forum".

Bruce Wayne works on tech literally all the time, building vehicles, gadgets, different suits and the Bat-Bot. Peter built.. what? Web Shooters?
But Bruce doesn't do ALL that himself...and lets see batsy work in bio-chemistry at the age of sixteen for a professor as a profession...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Spider-Man is also a detective though...he's younger, and can be naieve, but at the end of the day, i'd count on Spidey's allies a WHOLE lot more than Batman's...besides...WTF does Batman need a sidekick for..>Spidey never needed a sidekick...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
But Bruce doesn't do ALL that himself...and lets see batsy work in bio-chemistry at the age of sixteen for a professor as a profession...
Actually my friend, in the comics, which I'm referring to, he does. Majority of it is Bruce. I don't remember what Bio-Chemistry is but it sounds interesting.

Some key strengths of the Batman of the comics:

- Has mastered all Martial Arts on Earth, and then taking the most brutal and devasting techniques of each Martial Art. formed his own Matial Art.

- Is known as the greatest Detective in the entire inhabited Earth.

- Is a genius in regards to Technology, Science, and Weapondry.

- Is a Ninja.

- Is known in the comic community as a "Master of Prep." (prep = preperation for those who don't know)

I think Batman could take a majority but it really depends on where the fight is set.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Spider-Man is also a detective though...he's younger, and can be naieve, but at the end of the day, i'd count on Spidey's allies a WHOLE lot more than Batman's...besides...WTF does Batman need a sidekick for..>Spidey never needed a sidekick...
Bruce acknowledges that one day he'll grow old and die, so he trains "sidekicks" in the ways of the Ninja so that they can continue to serve justice in a city that is tearing itself apart through corruption, hate, and gang warfare.

Batman has always been a superior detective to Spider-Man. This is not up for debate.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Bruce acknowledges that one day he'll grow old and die, so he trains "sidekicks" in the ways of the Ninja so that they can continue to serve justice in a city that is tearing itself apart through corruption, hate, and gang warfare.

Batman has always been a superior detective to Spider-Man. This is not up for debate.
What facts do you have to prove that Batman is so suprior in every way though?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Actually my friend, in the comics, which I'm referring to, he does. Majority of it is Bruce. I don't remember what Bio-Chemistry is but it sounds interesting.

Some key strengths of the Batman of the comics:

- Has mastered all Martial Arts on Earth, and then taking the most brutal and devasting techniques of each Martial Art. formed his own Matial Art.

- Is known as the greatest Detective in the entire inhabited Earth.

- Is a genius in regards to Technology, Science, and Weapondry.

- Is a Ninja.

- Is known in the comic community as a "Master of Prep." (prep = preperation for those who don't know)

I think Batman could take a majority but it really depends on where the fight is set.
As i recall, he does all the information, but then has his company do the developing, which he then personally adds to...and i' am also talking about the comics..

Silverback

Moving Mountains
As i recall, he does all the information, but then has his company do the developing, which he then personally adds to...and i' am also talking about the comics..
If that is so, I've been mislead by many people over the years. I should start actually reading the series myself. That would clear up confusion.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If that is so, I've been mislead by many people over the years. I should start actually reading the series myself. That would clear up confusion.
See i actually have read both..i'm a bit of a comic nerd...thats why this is such an annoying thread to me...all the people that chose batman aren't going off the comics...just off of popularity of course that is the case with most...not all...so i shouldn't have said that a second ago...
When did I say he was superior in every way?
I assumed you meant he was when you voted for him...my appologies..

Silverback

Moving Mountains
See i actually have read both..i'm a bit of a comic nerd...thats why this is such an annoying thread to me...all the people that chose batman aren't going off the comics...just off of popularity of course that is the case with most...not all...so i shouldn't have said that a second ago...

I assumed you meant he was when you voted for him...my appologies..

Comic Batman > Movie Batman. I've been a lurker on comic book message boards for a long time, so I know a few things about Batman. Theres a few different Batmen, and then theres Batman One Million who can suck out souls, apparently. I also know comic book Spider-Man could punch Batmans head off of his shoulders. Comic Spidey has insane strength.

Yeah, this thread has left me exhausted. Think I'm done with this topic.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
I'll support the lineage theory. I haven't read anything recent in Batman comics, but Dick Grayson apparantly took up the Batman mantle. If you're talking support, Batman has a freakin' family, for emotional reasons more than anything, but he's got a lot of support. That may be seen as a weakness to some extent which I can understand, but how often does he really RELY on them? Not often. The fact he's human is why the help makes sense. Notice he didn't have Robin when he was young. He wasn't a spring chicken anymore and considered it -Batman Beyond. In some of the shows he just got old and needed the help 'cause he couldn't take the beatings the same way anymore -enter Robin. Go figure he ended up disbanding everyone in some versions anyway and going solo again. Alternate universes, but whatever. He made due in all of them.

Spidey is smart and superior to Batman physically in every way. Straight up fist fight? Spidey wins for sure, but if you told them on opposite sides of the city kill Batman/Spiderman -go! Batman comes out as win because he's not really straightforward unless it's to send a message anyway. Spiderman is also capable of the lurking "mode" and could easily be watching Batman, but at the end of the day, who actually utilizes their technological genius to the fullest? I don't deny Peter is smart, but Bruce created the Batman Beyond suit -I think that says enough. The only reason I go with Batman -realistically speaking, is because he's got a gadget for every occassion and if he doesn't he uses his surroundings which he's usually successful in utilizing. Very few villains trump him on his strengths. The only joker card factor in this would be Spidey's luck. You'd swear Spidey sleeps with Lady Luck. So it's not popularity from my point of view. I'm being honest. Spidey is basically Bane with superpowers. Batman has trumped both before on many occassions so I see no reason why he couldn't if they're all in one personification -Spiderman.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Comic Batman > Movie Batman. I've been a lurker on comic book message boards for a long time, so I know a few things about Batman. Theres a few different Batmen, and then theres Batman One Million who can suck out souls, apparently. I also know comic book Spider-Man could punch Batmans head off of his shoulders. Comic Spidey has insane strength.

Yeah, this thread has left me exhausted. Think I'm done with this topic.
See i agree with you on all points here...and i'm not arguing either because it seems we more or less agree...this next part is just to give you some knowledge, not to argue...there have been a few Spider-Men too...not just Peter Parker...
I'll support the lineage theory. I haven't read anything recent in Batman comics, but **** Grayson apparantly took up the Batman mantle. If you're talking support, Batman has a freakin' family, for emotional reasons more than anything, but he's got a lot of support. That may be seen as a weakness to some extent which I can understand, but how often does he really RELY on them? Not often. The fact he's human is why the help makes sense. Notice he didn't have Robin when he was young. He wasn't a spring chicken anymore and considered it -Batman Beyond. In some of the shows he just got old and needed the help 'cause he couldn't take the beatings the same way anymore -enter Robin. Go figure he ended up disbanding everyone in some versions anyway and going solo again. Alternate universes, but whatever. He made due in all of them.

Spidey is smart and superior to Batman physically in every way. Straight up fist fight? Spidey wins for sure, but if you told them on opposite sides of the city kill Batman/Spiderman -go! Batman comes out as win because he's not really straightforward unless it's to send a message anyway. Spiderman is also capable of the lurking "mode" and could easily be watching Batman, but at the end of the day, who actually utilizes their technological genius to the fullest? I don't deny Peter is smart, but Bruce created the Batman Beyond suit -I think that says enough. The only reason I go with Batman -realistically speaking, is because he's got a gadget for every occassion and if he doesn't he uses his surroundings which he's usually successful in utilizing. Very few villains trump him on his strengths. The only joker card factor in this would be Spidey's luck. You'd swear Spidey sleeps with Lady Luck. So it's not popularity from my point of view. I'm being honest. Spidey is basically Bane with superpowers. Batman has trumped both before on many occassions so I see no reason why he couldn't if they're all in one personification -Spiderman.
We are talking Comics here, so Batman Beyond is not really up for disscussion seeing as that was just a TV show...Other than that i mostly agree with you that Parker and Wyane (Lol Not Bane) are a lot a like...they one thing i'm REALLY surprised about is that NOBODY seems to have touched on Spidey's Spider-Sense...That's what allows him to fight a whole gang at once and not even be scratched...plus, Spider-Mans web is strong. Strong as real web, which is actually strong enough to stop a speeding jet airplane. Most of Batman's toys can't break through something that can stop a jet airplane. That's a scientific fact about the airplane thing btw. Spidey, being the scientist he is, could probably easily anylize the gadgets Batsy uses anyway. Maybe not in the heat of battle, but in that "Lurker Mode" as you so aptly put it for example. You're also right about Spidey having luck. He's just like Leon lol...But converlsy it seems Batman more often than not has the worst luck in the world. And what you said about Batsy letting his partners go after a while...well, it seems (and i could be wrong) that youre talking about how he goes through several different Robins, never really keep one for super long. He isn't being nice and saying "You can go"...Most Robins are dead. Died at the hands of Batman's enemey's...

LordGolbez

We are talking Comics here, so Batman Beyond is not really up for disscussion seeing as that was just a TV show...Other than that i mostly agree with you that Parker and Wyane (Lol Not Bane) are a lot a like...they one thing i'm REALLY surprised about is that NOBODY seems to have touched on Spidey's Spider-Sense...That's what allows him to fight a whole gang at once and not even be scratched...plus, Spider-Mans web is strong. Strong as real web, which is actually strong enough to stop a speeding jet airplane. Most of Batman's toys can't break through something that can stop a jet airplane. That's a scientific fact about the airplane thing btw. Spidey, being the scientist he is, could probably easily anylize the gadgets Batsy uses anyway. Maybe not in the heat of battle, but in that "Lurker Mode" as you so aptly put it for example. You're also right about Spidey having luck. He's just like Leon lol...But converlsy it seems Batman more often than not has the worst luck in the world. And what you said about Batsy letting his partners go after a while...well, it seems (and i could be wrong) that youre talking about how he goes through several different Robins, never really keep one for super long. He isn't being nice and saying "You can go"...Most Robins are dead. Died at the hands of Batman's enemey's...

Okay I Will Touch On The Spidey-Sense. It Works A Lot But There Are Times It Doesn't Work And Spider-Man Does Get Surprised, No It Doesn't Happen All Of The Time But It Does Happen And By This I Am Not Saying That Batman Does Not Get Surprised, I Am Just Saying That The Sense Isn't Perfect.

Yeah His Webbing Is Strong And No Batman May Not Have Anything To Break Though It But After Awhile Spidey Runs Out Of It And I Am Not Sure If He Keeps Extras On Him. Batman And Spiderman Are About On The Same Intelligence Level As Far As I Have Seen. Spiderman Had To Find A Way To Fix Himself When He Tried To Get Rid Of His Powers And Grew Six Arms But Batman Also Had Encounters With Mutated Enemies, Such As Man-Bat And Bane.

As Far As Spiderman Analyzing Batman's Gadgets, Batman Could Do The Same To Him. Batman Didn't Send Everything To His Company. He Had To Come Up With Prototypes On The Fly And After The Battle Was Done He Did Further Refining.

Also Not Everyone Of The Robin's Were Killed. Grayson Got Tired And Retired, But Jason Todd On The Other Hand Died At The Hands Of The Joker, Tim Drake Was Forced To Retire By His Dad. Stephanie Brown Became The Next Robin Who Eventually Was Killed By Black Mask After Which Drake Came Back In To The Role. Finally Damian Wayne Took Over The Last Robin Role.

As Far As My Voting For Batman It's Not An Issue Of Popularity Because The Way That I Have Always Seen It Is That People Go Toward Spiderman Because He Has Those Powers And Batman Doesn't So If Anything Spiderman Is More Popular Than Batman.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Batman Beyond (Terry) eventually was actually adapted to the comics and joined the Justice League. Don't know which issue though. So the Batman Beyond universe is canon in the comics as a parallel universe to the one where Bruce is Dead and Grayson took over. In that universe, not all the Robins died. Todd became Red Hood (total badass,) and Drake became Red Robin. Depends on which universe you're referring to.
The webbing though, I can totally get. Spider silk on a weight basis is stronger than steel. Scientists are still trying to find a way to synthesize it for lightweight and flexible bulletproof vests.
The reason I said Spidey was similar to Bane (as far as abilities) is that they're both extremely intelligent and cunning and have insane strength. Batman isn't a stranger to the combination. The only factors he's never dealt with are the spider sense and the webs. Spidey has carried spare web shooters btw (he doesn't always, but he has. Spidey plans ahead too. Not knockin' that.) Superpowers don't mean win though.... I suppose the variable we can't know is what they'd bring to the fight. Without knowing that we really can't go past the point we're at now.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Batman Beyond (Terry) eventually was actually adapted to the comics and joined the Justice League. Don't know which issue though. So the Batman Beyond universe is canon in the comics as a parallel universe to the one where Bruce is Dead and Grayson took over. In that universe, not all the Robins died. Todd became Red Hood (total badass,) and Drake became Red Robin. Depends on which universe you're referring to.
The webbing though, I can totally get. Spider silk on a weight basis is stronger than steel. Scientists are still trying to find a way to synthesize it for lightweight and flexible bulletproof vests.
The reason I said Spidey was similar to Bane (as far as abilities) is that they're both extremely intelligent and cunning and have insane strength. Batman isn't a stranger to the combination. The only factors he's never dealt with are the spider sense and the webs. Spidey has carried spare web shooters btw (he doesn't always, but he has. Spidey plans ahead too. Not knockin' that.) Superpowers don't mean win though.... I suppose the variable we can't know is what they'd bring to the fight. Without knowing that we really can't go past the point we're at now.
Again i agree with you on nearly every if not all points...and another tid bit of info about Spidey is that, Just like Batman Beyond got adapted to comics, so did Spider-Man Unlimited...which was also a tv show first...that spider man has invisibility, and a symboite resitant like suit...Not that the latter has much an effect on Batman...

Top Bottom