• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SD Perry Novels

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Anyone read these terrific RE movels?

Theres Umbrella Conspiracy(RE1), Caliban Cove(original), City Of The Dead(RE2), Underworld(original), Nemesis(RE3), Code Veronica(nuff said), and Zero Hour(RE0).

They, like the movies, are in their own canon, but that won't stop you from enjoying them, they are all very well written, and very enjoyable.:)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Yeah, they're very close to the games actually... it's quite fun reading about puzzles that I've completed or quotes such as "Jill Sandwich" coming into the books!

I have Umbrella Conspiracy, City of the Dead and Nemesis cos I own the counter-parting games. I've read Nemesis, halfway through Umbrella Conspiracy at the moment and will read City of the Dead next. I don't really have much interest in reading the ones that aren't based on a game. I want to get the Code Veronica and Zero Hour ones next, cos I own them too!

It would have been cool if S.D. Perry did a RE4 and RE: Outbreak adaption...

And yes, they're in their own canon... but at least the books are FAITHFUL, unlike the movies have been. Degeneration aside.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The original ones are pretty good actually...

They definately give Rebecca an expanded role, and I for one loved the Underworld novel, I found it to have one of the most interested plot twists, what with the Trent character.:)

Yes, I also loved seeing character figure out these puzzles, like the one from the original, where you have to press the switches of the cycle of life in order, that one was cool.

I also found some of their thoughts to be really funny...

Another thing I feel like I should point out, from the Code Veronica novel, is how perverted Wesker was, I don't remember the page, I think it was like 205 or something, but anyway, he had said a line along the lines of, "Is your sister cute, because I have a hard on like you wouldn't believe"...

@LFF, yeah same here, I remember some stuff, but I have actually forgotten most of what I read, perhaps for the better, since having all of these different canons in my mind can get a tad bit confusing.

Levan

Polkka. lol
^Which is why I think Wesker/Claire pairings in Fanfiction.net immediately became a hit... lol.

What I really found annoying about these books is that it's so hard to find any of these. I asked every bookstore and they don't even know who the author is... Sigh. I would love to read at least one of them.

Kellyrose

I have Umbrella Conspiracy and Code Veronica, though I only got about halfway through CV. Got them at Barnes and Noble or I'm sure they're on Amazon or something. Anyways, I really liked Umbrella Conspiracy, it pretty much followed the game exactly. Code Veronica, I dunno, I started reading it and kinda lost interest for some reason.

Feng-Hi

I've read the first few, have to say I've always enjoyed them but found them far too short! I think the best is probably the second, as has been said they are all quite close to the actual games which actually adds to the fun of the books.

I do think it's about time to add some more to the collection and introduce RE into a new generation of readers.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I read all of them (but zero hour) when I was in the 8th grade. That was in 2001 xD. Zero hour I read in 02 or 03. But yeah, GREAT books! Caliban Cove and City of the Dead are my favorites. wolfgirl, you so have to read the originals. When you do, you'll wonder why they don't make them into games. SERIOUSLY! They need to! Caliban Cove with the camera angle as RE4 and RE5 would be perfect.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I feel your pain Levan.:) I couldn't find them either, I actually have a friend who gave me all of his, which was all except for Zero Hour(I got that on Amazon).

They are kind of short, and I liked the ones with short chapters...as I have to read from chapter to chapter, I hate having to be forced to sit down extra long just to finish one.

DeSilva

I swear it seems like there are people named SD perry, and only one of them can write. I liked the novels content and story telling, but the character narrative, as far as their thoughts were very one sided. After a while it was different place, different scenario, same mindset. I didn't like how stale the characters felt after they were introduced, no one really evolved.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
DeSilva;66715 said:
I swear it seems like there are people named SD perry, and only one of them can write. I liked the novels content and story telling, but the character narrative, as far as their thoughts were very one sided. After a while it was different place, different scenario, same mindset. I didn't like how stale the characters felt after they were introduced, no one really evolved.

I actually really liked their thoughts, all of that in addition to their witty comments and everything really made some of the characters cooler than they are in the games, like Rebecca.:)

Top Bottom