• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Wasker1995

Is this even a Resident Evil game? Judging by the footage - more looks like some kind of hybrid between Outlast, Dark Souls and Bloodbourn

And this blonde in the photos looks very similar to Alexia from Code of Veronica

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Those screenshots look like early WIPs or unfinished renders from the RE Engine. But either way, it looks f***ing horrible. I can't believe someone at Capcom looked at this concept and said "Yeah sure, this is definitely what the next Resident Evil should look like".

However, a spoiler tag would be better next time, @Wasker1995

After what I read from ResetEra, yeah, f*ck this game. Sounds like horrible fanfiction, which means it's probably all true.
Mind sharing?

PinkHerb

Healing Item
oh...what am I looking at? This cannot be for a RE game, it just cant :oops:

So not only do we have Werewolves and Witches, but also what looks to be a dragon? TF out of here

D

Deleted member 21244

oh...what am I looking at? This cannot be for a RE game, it just cant :oops:

So not only do we have Werewolves and Witches, but also what looks to be a dragon? TF out of here
Why? In previous game we fought a giant trolls, a talking t rex, an elephant, a talking saber toothed tiger, a Giant bugs that was flying and shooting ****, another skeleton Gian troll ecc

Yet the problem is a flying boss that look like a dragon? Yeah definitely the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Why? In previous game we fought a giant trolls, a talking t rex, an elephant, a talking saber toothed tiger, a Giant bugs that was flying and shooting ****, another skeleton Gian troll ecc

Yet the problem is a flying boss that look like a dragon? Yeah definitely the problem
When you put it like that, it doesn't sound bad. But also remember that some of us (like myself) are not big fans of those monsters that were introduced in games like RE4, such as giant trolls. I'm a fan of the science-fiction based monsters from the original trilogy, not the supernatural fantasy sh*t that came later.

You gotta call it for what it is, and I've said it before - Yes you can explain everything with being based on scientific research, but come on - at some point it just becomes ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 21244

When you put it like that, it doesn't sound bad. But also remember that some of us (like myself) are not big fans of those monsters that were introduced in games like RE4, such as giant trolls. I'm a fan of the science-fiction based monsters from the original trilogy, not the supernatural fantasy sh*t that came later.

You gotta call it for what it is, and I've said it before - Yes you can explain everything with being based on scientific research, but come on - at some point it just becomes ridiculous.
What i want to say is that we already have some medieval enemy Design before, it's not the first time...

It all depends on how the game handle it, and I'm sure they will give a scientific explanation, if it's magic it's stupid for sure, but this isn't the case...
It's just a boss who transformed probably whit some virus and his transformation resamble a dragon... Even Irving in re 5 look like a dragon in water, this image are just out of context

Also if someone already know the answer about re 8 virus, magic or everything else, please post it into spoiler tag XD i would like to find it for myself

Personally i like both the original trilogy design of enemy and 4 onward enemy design, just different taste

The only enemy design i don't like is re 3 remake nemesis second and third form, in the original is a science fiction design but in the remake is dark souls like design, it's just dosent look good, it's like out of the whole game design

Ark2000

Well, i'm not gonna judge the game until i see play through of entire story, but as usual when it comes leaks like these, it really should't be that surprising that some fans will think how it will suck. At least, and this is just my opinion, these leaks are not as bad or have potential to cause huge fan outrage like The Last Of Us 2 leaks did. I still remember, probably over a year ago, when some rumors started circling about that game, but most of the people didn't think anything about those until the really huge and bad leaks earlier this year right before game was released. I wonder, what are the chances of something like this happening to the Village, or how much more stuff will leak out before April.

I think Jonipoon is right, these screenshots do look like rough work in progress, so we shouldn't really think how the final game will look exactly like this. That being said, i've seen before how even the unfinished work on games or movies can cause problems and big changes when they're shown to people before it's finished, on purpose or by accident. Not to go off the topic but just to give you example, i remember reading report from someone who was at the test screening of The Predator (2018), and he said how major reason why audience hated it and why that film was re-shot and re-cut to **** is because they watched the version with very bad and unfinished VFX which made entire film too confusing and lead to lot of complaints.

Roku

Here's the entire leak for anyone interested.

This s*ck so f*****g much.

I'm so tired of how
Capcom is treating its main characters lately, I was already ****ed at how badly they've been treating Dante, Lady and Trish, but now Chris too? Chris isn't even one of my fav characters although, I like him very much, but he deserves so much better than this. Seriously, this characters have made Capcom's fortune and history up until now, they need and deserve respect, not to be thrown away at the first chance avaible. They don't have to do every game with them, but they don't need to make them retire either (besides, the way they did so far, is pretty insulting and cliché tbh, Dante, Vergil and Chris don't need kids to look after (and to groom), they need respect, stop rehashing the same plot points to put them out of the way. I'm so tired of this.

Ark2000

I will trust Dusk Golem and what he said about leaks not really showing everything important and all, but right now? I really don't like that ending, in fact it's only part of the leaks which i don't like. But if his theories about Apocalypse (Resident Evil 9) and how it could bring all characters back in one "final" game could be true, then i wouldn't mind the ending. At least we could eventually have proper happy endings for all the main characters. Again, that's how i feel about all these news.

Mr.R

Here's the entire leak for anyone interested.

The ending does seems like badly written fanfiction. Damn. I wasn't expecting much, but this is bad. And not only bad, it's silly. RE7 tries to be all "serious" with its themes but...this is silly. The whole plot is kinda dumb and you know... it reminds me of RE6 in a lot of stuff. It'll be funny to see the mental gymnastics people that don't like RE6's story will use to try to defend this. (PS: I love RE6, but the story is very silly in the same way)

Unknown

That “leak” is just the speculation of one random fan who has seen the actual leaks and jumped to his own conclusions.

Absolutely nothing indicates that Chris retires or raises Rose. Have people completely forgot that Rose possesses Eveline’s ability? She could have aged faster than normal.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
dudes!
there is something i read today, still feel fuzzy
is it true that Chris left BSAA and turn to someone on his own?
i dont have problem with that part. it seems cool though , my problem is about rest of story that Chris is gonna raise ethan kid to some kind of super girl. did any of you heard about it?

Mr.R

That “leak” is just the speculation of one random fan who has seen the actual leaks and jumped to his own conclusions.

Absolutely nothing indicates that Chris retires or raises Rose. Have people completely forgot that Rose possesses Eveline’s ability? She could have aged faster than normal.
dudes!
there is something i read today, still feel fuzzy
is it true that Chris left BSAA and turn to someone on his own?
i dont have problem with that part. it seems cool though , my problem is about rest of story that Chris is gonna raise ethan kid to some kind of super girl. did any of you heard about it?

You both might want to put a spoiler tag on your posts just to be safe.

D

Deleted member 21244

I didn't read the leake, but to be fair there's any evidence this is the official story? I mean some random dude on resetera did post some story claiming it to be the official one and you are all buying it?

I mean even I can write a whole story hear and claim it to be the real one lol

Turo602

The King of Kings
Because all the major gaming sites typically report on bogus leaks from random idiots on the internet... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I find it funny how some people pick and choose what to believe from DuskGolem when it suits them, but the guy has clearly verified some of the leaks while also pointing out they may be out of context and incomplete. But for the most part, he seems to confirm the ending which along with everything else, is f*cking trash.

D

Deleted member 21244

Because all the major gaming sites typically report on bogus leaks from random idiots on the internet... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I find it funny how some people pick and choose what to believe from DuskGolem when it suits them, but the guy has clearly verified some of the leaks while also pointing out they may be out of context and incomplete. But for the most part, he seems to confirm the ending which along with everything else, is f*cking trash.
Usually yes major sites did report some bogus leak in the last year
Like when some random idiot leaked the famous metal gear solid v demon edition that contain all the missing mgs v mission and story, and every site reported it but it was fake, or when some other says that metal gear solid remake and silent hill reboot made by Kojima will happear at the game award 2020, or when some other says sony was acquiring Konami... And all of this where reported by major site
But major site don't report on story leak when something is officially announced l, like when the whole plot of the last jedi and rise of skywalker leaked, this leak where fake but major site only reported of they're existence but didn't report what the leak says because it contained major "spoiler" even if those leak where 100% fake

If you don't belive me take a look at last jedi leak that everyone says it was official lol
Taken from reddit

1. Kylo and the KOR actually show up on Achto

2. Kylo takes on Rey on Achto while Luke takes on the KOR (and defeats them? can't remember) singlehandedly

3. Kylo and Rey are on a cliff and Rey is thrown off/falls in

4. Kylo and Rey have a conversation in a hut that Luke doesn't like and he blows the hut up (this one was accurate)

5. Something about Luke and Rey both going to confront Snoke. Luke takes on Snoke and Rey takes on Kylo (?)

6. I don't remember anything in the 'leaks' about Luke dying. Or Snoke dying. I believe the 'leak' had something about Snoke disappearing.

And

1) Rey was a Skywalker/solo/kenobi/palpatine.
2) Luke is corrupted by the dark side island but is protecting something
3) Luke has a dragon staff, doesn’t use a lightsaber but is force god Luke so whatever
4) Luke and Rey go to canto bight set and fight in the alleys
5) Kylo and knights go to ach to and fight Luke and Rey in the rain

This where all taken for real ans site didn't reported them even if they addressed them

Dusk golem completely leaked re village trailer that's why it's more trust worthy, but because the leak was 100% true, before that i would not have actually belive him that much and it was just speculation and where the only leak we have before re 8 announcement, but i didn't trust him 100% it was just fun to speculate

How did the guy verified the leak by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom