• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
The guy in the picture with his wife looks like it could be Barry, and it even looks like it's the same guy seen throughout the trailer who's terrorizing the player. I could be wrong though because after looking at the guy in the picture again, he kind of reminded me of Simmons. It's hard to tell really.

As for the woman with the scribbled on face, my initial thought was Rebecca, but if we really want to believe this is tied to Revelations 2, it could also be Moira, though her features don't really look like Moira's to me. Quite honestly, I'm starting to lean towards Jill because of her nose and mouth.

And as far as that wheelchaired figure goes, it definitely evokes Spencer, but I doubt it's him. Looks more like a woman because of the hair.

Exactly. I agree with you 100%. The comments I'm seeing everywhere about the fanbase being hypocritical are really idiotic. I'm not swearing off the series yet either, I'm still hoping for the best and even if I end up enjoying this entry for what it is, I really really hope this isn't the route the series takes.
I can definitely see where you're coming from, and I get why you'd have reservations, especially considering it seems to be a completely different direction for the series, which could either be a good thing, or fail horribly. We barely know anything about the game yet so it makes sense to be skeptical, but saying things like "biggest letdown ever" and all of the things Hellboy said to indicate a feeling of, for lack of a better phrase, utter betrayal, don't indicate to me cautious optimism. It sounds more like giving up on the game without even giving it a chance. That is just the way I interpreted it, so if that wasn't your intention then that's on me. But I will say that based on what they've given us this far it's really difficult to determine anything one way or another.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It doesn't look like it's Barry, but that doesn't stop us from speculating. Still waiting for the demo. I want to confirm something before I post it :p

(Click to make it bigger. It's huge)

ss08.jpg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I thought I was coming here as the biggest party pooper ever, but now I see that quite a few others weren't particularly impressed by the trailer either. It's the same as with the first trailer of The Evil Within back in the day: It doesn't really show us anything. And I'm not very excited about what it does show. First person? A main character that doesn't look like anyone we know? No Jill? Then again, who knows at this point.

Buuut... I wanted a trailer, or a teaser or anything at all really, and I got one, so I'll stop complaining now. One thing I like about it is the phone call at the beginning: "She's back." Who is back? Considering the creepy little girl we also see in the trailer, I have a hunch, and I hope I'm right...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Turo602

These are from the trailer. I took a few as well, but I want to play the demo first xD and I need to upload them. Though I wanted to ask. Picture 1 and 5... were those in the trailer? Or did you actually take in game screenshots with a lot of them from the trailer? :p

meg5493

That thread awhile back asking whether we wanted horror like PT or more action focused RE was closer to the money than we thought! I find it hilarious that Capcom is ripping off PT and will accept it with open arms.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That thread awhile back asking whether we wanted horror like PT or more action focused RE was closer to the money than we thought! I find it hilarious that Capcom is ripping off PT and will accept it with open arms.

It was in development far before PT. People played Project Kitchen last E3. Plus there was rumors about a "paranormal" aspects in Resident Evil 7. It seems that those rumors or true, as was the game "would be unrecognisable". I actually did a post about this a long time ago.

So no. It's not a rip off of PT. Ironically they both had the same idea xD

meg5493

It was in development far before PT. People played Project Kitchen last E3. Plus there was rumors about a "paranormal" aspects in Resident Evil 7. It seems that those rumors or true, as was the game "would be unrecognisable". I actually did a post about this a long time ago.

So no. It's not a rip off of PT. Ironically they both had the same idea xD
Mhhm I swear though if they have some big reveal at the end I'm gonna lose it. But honestly this is what RE needed

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I just hope they show us some established Resident Evil characters in the next trailer. So far this game looks nothing like RE. Not saying it will be bad or anything and im sure it will get better when we know more about it, but at this very moment im not gunna lie im a little disappointed. And first person? Oh dear.

At first I was like... hmmm. I'm actually excited. I've noticed two or three familiar faces in the trailer. One of them is of course the speculated picture of Rebecca/Moira/Claire. The other seems to be Spencer. I'm having a few theories on how this works, nothing in terms of clones or any bull**** like that. As for the other.... well... I want to play the demo, which I am about to do before I make any claims on this. I know exactly where to look.

Hint: It's a picture on the wall with a VERY familiar looking character. Holding something that is a little too familiar.

If this is who I think it is. Then I think we have very large hint embedded into the game that is more than revealing. It would suddenly have everything we've seen make sense. Well... almost. The location of the house is causing me to scratch my head as if I were to have lice.

Mhhm I swear though if they have some big reveal at the end I'm gonna lose it. But honestly this is what RE needed

I need to agree with you. I mentioned this in my article from last year. I also stated that this could be the best RE since 4 (in the numbered titles, Revelations 2 was a masterpiece in my eyes). I just didn't want to believe it was first person. I'll be honest, I was a little scared that "Project Kitchen" was Resident Evil. There was one thing that one of the people that played it said that made me believe so, but.... I didn't know. He wasn't even referencing Resident Evil, I just though to myself "Hmmm, that sounds just too familiar to me." I just kind of connected the dots with the 2014 leak that the game would feature paranormal aspects. That Capcom was playing with the idea with no guns (There's an aim assist, so I assume the game has segments with guns and no guns). Honestly, all we can do is speculate. Take the rumors from the past years, the trailer, the facts, and what we've seen in game and speculate from there. It's all fun and games. Can't wait for January! I'm debating if I'm going to play with VR or without :3 I'm mixed with VR having to both use it, and work with it at school.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm about to play right now. I just want to say that the whole "She's Back" line. Followed by that creepy music that sounds like a children's lullaby is ****ing creepy.

meg5493

Having beaten the demo its not as scary or good looking as PT but its up there. Some really tense moments and I'd love to see where Capcom is going with this.

wayne

I really think we will have some of our characters in it, they wouldnt call it resident evil 7 without some connection to past games and the characters, otherwise im sure it would just be a reboot.

Weve only seen the trailer and the demo which i havent seen/played yet im sure theres much more to reveal.

Top Bottom