• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Where do I do to download it at on the PS Store? I have a PS Plus account, and I can't find it anywhere.

I'd really appreciate it.
On the store, go down to Games on the left hand side, press that and go into Demos on the left again, and it should be right there. :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They've said that the game is gonna be playable with PlaystationVR from beginninng to end, so I doubt it.

I hope we aren't gonna go through the game getting random VR gimmicks thrown at us like when 3D became a big thing.
Urghhhhhhhhhh

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Nevermind, I found it.

For those of you desperate to play the demo and can't find it:

PS Store>Games>Popular>Top Demos

You're welcome.

But dammit, why'd they have to make it so damn hard to find? I was amped to play it last night, which would've been the perfect time and place. Now it won't have that same horror feel to it when I play during the day, and I really don't feel like waiting any longer to play it!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Putting this in spoiler tags in case people want to play the demo for themselves first. For the people that have seen/played the demo:
Did anybody find a use for the dummy finger? I thought it might open the drawer in the kitchen cabinet but no joy...

It also seems to me that the only things that change in the demo are the things that the woman on the telephone says in the attic, and the various locations where you get punched in the face by the man.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
WOW just wow don't know what to say....

But this is definitely Capcom (once again) following the trend rather than setting it like they use to. I'm intrigued, but not excited. This doesn't look like Resident Evil to me. This seems a little "me too" of Capcom. There are so many first-person horror games that they've become really predictable. Let me guess, there'll be limited combat on and you'll be encouraged to hide instead of fighting? Meh.

But honestly you really can't expect new RE games to go back to it's roots. Mass appeal and money drive the industry, and no company regardless would crucify mass appeal and income in order to satisfy a smaller margin. I just wanted RE to male a left turn from being a wannabe Gears of War meets Call of Booty Dury with Zombies, but I didn't want that left turn to be generic looking popular horror trends :p The only thing is how does it tie to the previous RE titles?

Or God knows maybe Capcom's trolling us. They're notorious Trolls. But I'll give this game a try regardless.

just my two cents

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I kinda like the first person thing, now that I've thought about it. It looks interesting and I know that I'm going to love playing it, just as I've loved playing every other game in this series. And I've literally played them all (well, except for Gaiden and the mobile games).

Meg

So bin ich eben
Hmmmmm.......

Well this is not what I was expecting or even hoping for. But hey, it might be cool. I'll keep an eye on it.

IntoxNitram

That was interesting. Very big departure from the series, at least from what we have seen to date. I was genuinely surprised when the name popped up. I have also played the demo, think this one was just to show off how puzzles are making a big comeback. I think we will see multiple demos over the course of the next couple of months showing off different parts of the game (Final Fantasy 15 style). For example, I think the next gameplay demo will feature combat. I know people are saying its not a Resident Evil game and we are just running away and hiding, I think that's not true. I went through the settings on the PS4 demo and found an aim assist option. I think that suggests that we are definitely likely to have some form of combat. I just think it will be quite limited, in terms of ammo supply being so low that you typically will just run and hide. I definitely don't think we are getting as big as a departure as we currently think - its not going to be an Outlast/P.T. game as far as I can tell. I think it will be heavily based on them, but I think we will still see gunplay and herbs and stuff in the future. I truly believe this is a demo to showcase just puzzles and the horror atmosphere. I would suggest staying tuned and I predict we will see combat (both hand to hand and gun combat).

Looking good so far, and I will be happy if my above idea is right - if not, I will have my doubts as to whether it should be a horror game or not. Atmosphere is fantastic though and it looks brilliant. I will definitely be keeping an eye out.

Reactions: svp

Cheer

Kamen Rider
From what i've seen in the trailer. this game looks interesting and i am feeling fired up. My only concern if it will come on PC or not.

meg5493

REs been dying since 4 the only thing that was keeping it relevant was nostalgia and brand name. Stale and dying trying to cater to too many demographics this could be just what RE needs to actually be relevant. Games like PT, Soma, and Outlast just to name a few new big ones show that people really like this type of horror. RE hasn't been RE for a long time so this change of direction is a breath of fresh air.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Have to admit, I was really intrigued by the trailer. Very artsy and suspenseful, and not to mention cinematic as heck. I like the atmosphere. Not sure how I feel about the first person perspective (it's still unclear to me whether that's how the gameplay will be) but I could name a plethora of ways this would've been worse as a RE7 reveal. This entry at least looks to be facing in the right direction.

As for its place in the story, like a lot of people here, my first thought after hearing "she's back" was the resurrection of Alex Wesker that comprised RER2's cliffhanger, which I guess would make that whole game one giant prequel of sorts. Still, that makes it a terrifying possibility that the setting is the Burton residence, seeing as they adopted Natalia/Wesker into their family in the end (although I'm not going to ask how they got a hold of a mansion). But that's just speculation off what little information we have thus far. I'm looking forward to digging for more. I'm also thinking that the main protagonists are going to be original characters after seeing that trailer, which is not something they've done for a while, at least, not without the support of returning characters. But if my speculation proves correct, then there's still plenty of relevance to the main narrative and thus plenty opportunity for familiar faces to appear.

Donchezeri

Hey guys the Resident Evil official Twitter is doing a live stream on Twitch with the RE7 producers at 12pm PT 3pm ET they are taking questions and such!

sbr999

Pretty neutral on this.
Looks like Condemned: Criminal Origins to be honest.
i wouldn't even know it's a Resident Evil game if it wasn't for the title, because it certainly doesn't feel like it.

IntoxNitram

Yeah from the stream: combat and usual features are there. This demo isn't from the actual game, its just meant to set the feeling for the game. Knew not to panic.

First person here to stay.

You play a new character. Wanted to do away with 'superhero characters' to bring horror back. Powerless, ordinary person.

Its not a reboot. Its a sequel to the existing games, the cannon isn't forgotten. Despite what it looks like in the demo.

Not being told where it is set, that's part of the mystery and suspense.

Content the exact same whether playing with VR not. Only difference will be things like optimisations to make it play right.

Won't say what the threat is, says there are hints to make it more clear within the demo.

Resident Evil 7 back to a small solitary setting - back to basics, one person in one location to bring back fear. Allows to focus on details, bringing the area to life. Not just a single little house, not all corridors like in the demo.

Developer reassures that they haven't thrown out resident evil as it exists. Its not a supernatural ghost story instead. It will make sense and be true to the franchise.

Announces there are no quick time events in resident evil 7. Knows a lot of people will be happy with that.

More details in the coming months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom