• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Is anyone else just really excited? Like I've got a bunch of things that I could be like cautious about and stuff. Especially considering we still really don't know much about it at all. But I'm just gonna pull a Natasha Bedingfield, release my inhibitions, and just go with it.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
They said the demo is up now, I'm on PS Store and can't find it anywhere, WTF? And I'm a PS Plus subscriber.

But yeah, I'm amped for the reveal, though I'm hoping the whole game won't be like this and if it is, it's just for the VR version.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Huh interesting- not crazy about it being in first person but it was a fun teaser trailer. Digging the song and the idea that Natalia/Alex is more than likely involved. The atmosphere of the game seems pretty creepy!

Just want to point out though...

rebecca_zps5ci7zdzg.png

Does this look like a certain S.T.A.R.S. officer to anyone else?

Ahem, Rebecca?!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
To clear things up, the VR is OPTIONAL, which means you can still play resi 7 without PSVR

Yeah if it's true then Barry's house shown in trailer is not as colorful as the one in Revelations 2 ending lol

It doesn't even look like his house. That's why I'm confused... it was.. smaller. And they said it was in "America". Barry lives in "Canada". I think it's either in BC or Ontario, likely BC.

But to be fair. Japanese do refer to both countries as "The Americas".

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The fact that Rebecca was mentioned to be in the next CGI film alongside Chris and Leon makes me think she might be involved in this game... perhaps a detective?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Yeah I liked how the trailer was like "oh, this is like a completely different thing than the RE we know" but then with all of the flashes of stuff, like not only are there direct references to things, but like even just the shot of the woods, and the car, and like the veiny stuff with the black stuff oozing out, it all just felt very RE, even though I can't really explain why.
LATEST UPDATE:

According to a Japanese player who has finished the demo, there's A MAJOR TWIST at the end of it....
If Albert's alive I'm jumping into an active volcano with two RPGs pointed at my chest.

Some Nights

No Shape
Really didn't care what happened to the RE series in terms of action or more horror oriented gameplay/story but I just wanted it to avoid going first person. A bit disappointed but I'll play this regardless obviously.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm hoping that the first person is optional or only for the first half of the game... The teaser is titled "TAPE-1" which may mean that it is simply a recording of what happened in the mansion before we see the person get out of the car at the end of the trailer- which is where the actual game might begin...?

Donchezeri

Just saw someone do a live stream. SPOILERS: it appears you are someone named Clancy who is filming 2 other people as they search the "Baker" household. Demo ends with you exiting the house and being dragged back in by someone saying "Welcome to the family son" you are awoke by one of the people you were filming as he is cutting your wrist straps free. One of the enemies comes up behind him and kills him with a machete? As the enemy closes on you and ends with a screenshot of its face. I STILL don't know what to make of it

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Man, it's now past midnight where I live (EST for me) and it's still not up yet! DAMMIT, I wanted to play it tonight, especially while it's dark.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Is the demo out now? Also I rewatched the trailer multiple times at 0.25 speed and took some picture. A little girl with black hair was reoccurring. Some pictures.. 2 scenes of an old man. A girl that looks like Rebecca, perhaps Moira, but more of Rebbeca's features. There appears to be a woman that appears twice with really big teeth. A reoccurring photo graph of man in his 50's who wears a white shirt. A girl that is always by him, a woman or not.

The man in the photo looks like Barry in his casual outfit.
gaayzvnv8tfi6ijpwko1.gif

I'll upload pictures later as I can't atm, I'm with a friend. I'll get to it later.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I'm hoping that the first person is optional or only for the first half of the game... The teaser is titled "TAPE-1" which may mean that it is simply a recording of what happened in the mansion before we see the person get out of the car at the end of the trailer- which is where the actual game might begin...?
Capcom has confirmed that the entire full game is played from first-person POV, so no longer over the shoulder TPS...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Was there any mention of the character is YOU or an actual character? Can you pick male or female? The arms and hands appear as if they are female. I wonder if my theory from last year actually is correct? Doubtful, but there seems to be odd. I did make my theory based from a rumor that this trailer confirms. I also played with the idea that paranormal aspects, such as ghost would be in the game within my theory, as well as hallucinations. Could you actually be Natalia? Or maybe I'm just crazy :p

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Capcom has confirmed that the entire full game is played from first-person POV, so no longer over the shoulder TPS...
Hmm interesting.

I don't see why that's innately such a bad thing. I'm sure they could make it work, and if anybody thought they were going to deliver a "genuine horror experience" using fixed camera angles and tank controls then you were only fooling yourself. This game looks like it could be genuinely scary, in a way that the originals never were, and if that's what they're after then more power to em I say. You could argue that it's not like RE to have first-person, but isn't that exactly what we were looking for? A new take, with a more genuine horror vibe. I realize that this isn't much to go on as far as jumping to conclusions about the entire game, but RE6 didn't even pretend to be half as scary as this. It went for a shock factor with Leon shooting the president, but it never felt like it could be genuine horror. I'm actually really liking what I've seen so far, and I hope that the game is reminiscent of this trailer.

But on another note, I wonder what they'll do about side stuff i.e. Mercs/Raid. If they do go super horror with this, then are they gonna change the side mode to fit, keep it arcadey, or axe it altogether.

slack

I'm THRILLED!!!! Couldn't be happier, fresh and horror oriented. I'm a little concerned though because it's soo radically different from the universe they already built and it doesn't seem like it would mesh well as a continuation. If it were a hard reboot I'd be more comfortable.

Huh interesting- not crazy about it being in first person but it was a fun teaser trailer. Digging the song and the idea that Natalia/Alex is more than likely involved. The atmosphere of the game seems pretty creepy!

Just want to point out though...

rebecca_zps5ci7zdzg.png

Does this look like a certain S.T.A.R.S. officer to anyone else?

Ahem, Rebecca?!

I posted this on the Capcomunity board... I personally think it looks more like Claire - In the nose, jaw, and mouth especially, the hair looks darker because of the filter on the video. But the hairstyle itself does remind me of Rebecca. Too soon to tell for sure.

Also I grabbed these shots from the trailer....
24l4r5z.jpg

creepy kid
4ftmiu.jpg

Better not be Leon

fd6a1x.jpg

VERY Oswell-like. Maybe Wesker killed a clone or body double.

Top Bottom