• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I'm THRILLED!!!! Couldn't be happier, fresh and horror oriented. I'm a little concerned though because it's soo radically different from the universe they already built and it doesn't seem like it would mesh well as a continuation. If it were a hard reboot I'd be more comfortable.

I posted this on the Capcomunity board... I personally think it looks more like Claire - In the nose, jaw, and mouth especially, the hair looks darker because of the filter on the video. But the hairstyle itself does remind me of Rebecca. Too soon to tell for sure.

Also I grabbed these shots from the trailer....
24l4r5z.jpg

creepy kid
4ftmiu.jpg

Better not be Leon

fd6a1x.jpg

VERY Oswell-like. Maybe Wesker killed a clone or body double.
It totally reminded me of Leon too and I was like NOO! But I'm a little curious as to how they're going to incorporate this as well. I mean obviously a change in gameplay won't have any effect on the story, but it does seem interesting

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I typically hate first person games... I love being able to actually see the characters interact in the environment. The only first person game that I ever really got into was Left 4 Dead and that was a game to just go ham on some zombies.

I'm growing a bit concerned now. It's pretty drastic change and I honestly never liked the idea of rebooting the series with entirely new characters. This is supposed to be the 7th entry so they have to have some tie-ins with past stories and characters.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
NO UMBRELLA ....NO CHARACTERS ??? NO THIRD PERSON ??? ITS BECOME HILLBILLY EVIL/OUTCAST /PT !!!!!!!!! GOD AWFUL !!!!!!! REST IN PIECE RESIDENT EVIL IM SORRY IM LEAVING YOU ATLEAST ILL HAVE 4 AND 5 TO PLAY SOON AGAIN ..... I AM JUST SO ****ED OFF RIGHT NOW !!!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It totally reminded me of Leon too and I was like NOO! But I'm a little curious as to how they're going to incorporate this as well. I mean obviously a change in gameplay won't have any effect on the story, but it does seem interesting

I paused as he bended up. The Jacket looks like him, but you can tell he has a hoodie on in the reflection and his sleeves up a little. I think it looked like zombie face in the reflection, but I can't tell for sure.

slack

I can't find it on the store. Just the Japanese version, which I can't get unless I do a region change. Which I don't want to do atm. How do you get it on the PSN?

I can't find it either. Just think HELLBOY has a lingering taste of salt in his mouth and is saying that to rub the people who want to play it the wrong way.

EDIT: I recant the above. Watching the stream isnt playing the demo

His misery puts a big ol' grin on my face.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Seriously, people. Calm down. We've barely seen anything of the game. The demo revealed barely anything about the story, and it's not the first first-person RE game. They haven't even said it's actually about ghosts. From what the demo showed, the people think it's a haunted house but they find out it's actually more than that.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I can't find it either. Just think HELLBOY has a lingering taste of salt in his mouth and is saying that to rub the people who want to play it the wrong way.

why are you saying this ??? its HORRIBLE THING THEY DID TO THIS BELOVED SERIES ! ITS PT/OUTLASR WITH A INBRED HILLBILLY FAMILY IN SWAMP HAUNTEDHOUSE GAME! No stars,no umbrella,no characters we love,no action of any kind , no old lore .... and first person view sucks asssss!!! If I can play it in third person id buy it to try otherwise resident evil is officially dead and buried!

slack

I've been a fan of this game for 20 years buddy. I've been pulling for capcom to do this ever since that failed abortion RE4 came around and put MY beloved franchise into a downward spiral.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
why are you saying this ??? its HORRIBLE THING THEY DID TO THIS BELOVED SERIES ! ITS PT/OUTLASR WITH A INBRED HILLBILLY FAMILY IN SWAMP HAUNTEDHOUSE GAME! No stars,no umbrella,no characters we love,no action of any kind , no old lore .... and first person view sucks asssss!!! If I can play it in third person id buy it to try otherwise resident evil is officially dead and buried!

You can't say there's no old lore or anything. We haven't even seen any real story yet. You don't like what you've seen, that's your opinion. Everybody has their own opinions. I'm extremely excited. Your opinion isn't the only opinion.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm just very disappointed. When the game was revealed, it looked very interesting. I even joked to my brother and said "imagine if this was Resident Evil 7" and when the title was finally shown I was in complete shock and disappointment because while it looks like a scary game, it just doesn't look like Resident Evil.

Resident Evil didn't need fixed cameras and tank controls to be scary but once again, Capcom misinterprets what we really want out of this series and rather than looking at what made the REmake such a survivor horror masterpiece, Resident Evil 4 so beloved and accessible, and why the fanbase still cares about the stories and characters, they go ahead and do what's trendy in horror instead.

VR is such a cheap gimmick and it sucks to see Capcom build an entire mainline entry of the Resident Evil series around it. My excitement was at 100 but that got brought to an abrupt stop by a title reveal. My only interest in this game is pure curiosity of what they're doing with the story.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
There's still a lot of story left to be told and there is a good chance that Natalia/Alex as well as Rebecca (or maybe even Claire, seeing as their mouth/jaws are similar) will definitely be appearing in it. I'm pulling for it to all come together but I am still annoyed about first-person gameplay. That part is most disappointing for me.

The older guy standing beside his wife in the photograph does not look like Barry to me, however. He doesn't even have a beard in that picture.

Last edited:

e_etu

Soram ~
Yaay but i hope its not first person horror gamer or otherwise i wont get it :( i hate those type of games.. i wanna see my characters

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Resident Evil didn't need fixed cameras and tank controls to be scary but once again, Capcom misinterprets what we really want out of this series and rather than looking at what made the REmake such a survivor horror masterpiece, Resident Evil 4 so beloved and accessible, and why the fanbase still cares about the stories and characters, they go ahead and do what's trendy in horror instead.

This is how I feel as well, It annoys me when I see the comments on youtube now about how the fanbase can never be pleased since we asked for survival horror and Capcom is now giving it to us with Resident Evil 7 and yet we are still complaining....lets just ignore the fact that we never asked for Capcom to copy what is trendy now with games like Silent Hills PT or outlast and from what they where saying we where getting a Resident Evil game that was "going back to its roots", Never knew that was some kind of code for "something completely new".

Now before someone jumps in with the tank controls and fixed camera angles being outdated mess let me make this clear, the majority of the fans I see who have reservations about this are not complaining about it not being a carbon copy of the old titles, I would be just fine with fixed camera angles not being in the game period.

Granted this wouldn't be the first Resident Evil game within the first person such as the Survivor series, but the difference here is that the survivor series looked completely akin to the established Resident Evil universe but within a first person point of view and on top of that they where merely located to side games, I will wait and see what all this game has to deliver and as of now I'm not going to say I just am flat out not going to buy it, but I as of right now am going to be looking upon this game with some skepticism and a bit of hopeful optimism,

I'm hoping that we get more on this game to completely win me over but so far the only thing I see that I liked about the game is that its actually set within the established continuity and its actually survival horror again.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
The guy in the picture with his wife looks like it could be Barry, and it even looks like it's the same guy seen throughout the trailer who's terrorizing the player. I could be wrong though because after looking at the guy in the picture again, he kind of reminded me of Simmons. It's hard to tell really.

As for the woman with the scribbled on face, my initial thought was Rebecca, but if we really want to believe this is tied to Revelations 2, it could also be Moira, though her features don't really look like Moira's to me. Quite honestly, I'm starting to lean towards Jill because of her nose and mouth.

And as far as that wheelchaired figure goes, it definitely evokes Spencer, but I doubt it's him. Looks more like a woman because of the hair.

This is how I feel as well, I annoys me when I see the comments on youtube now about how the fanbase can never be pleased since we asked for survival horror and Capcom is now giving it to us with Resident Evil 7 and yet we are still complaining....lets just ignore the fact that we never asked for Capcom to copy what is trendy now with games like Silent Hills PT or outlast and from what they where saying we where getting a Resident Evil game that was "going back to its roots", Never knew that was some kind of code for "something completely new".

Now before someone jumps in with the tank controls and fixed camera angles being outdated mess let me make this clear, the majority of the fans I see who have reservations about this are not complaining about it not being a carbon copy of the old titles, I would be just fine with fixed camera angles not being in the game period.

Granted this wouldn't be the first Resident Evil game within the first person such as the Survivor series, but the difference here is that the survivor series looked completely akin to the established Resident Evil universe but within a first person point of view and on top of that they where merely located to side games, I will wait and see what all this game has to deliver and as of now I'm not going to say I just am flat out not going to buy it, but I as of right now am going to be looking upon this game with some skepticism and a bit of hopeful optimism,

I'm hoping that we get more on this game to completely win me over but so far the only thing I see that I liked about the game is that its actually set within the established continuity and its actually survival horror again.

Exactly. I agree with you 100%. The comments I'm seeing everywhere about the fanbase being hypocritical are really idiotic. I'm not swearing off the series yet either, I'm still hoping for the best and even if I end up enjoying this entry for what it is, I really really hope this isn't the route the series takes.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi

No offense to Hellboy, but he's clearly ****ed as **** and my friend and I had a laugh over it. We were disappointed at first, but we're excited now. I am SUPER excited. After doing a few rewatches. I think there are some interesting easter eggs.

Ironically back on July 12th, 2015. I posted an article where I made the following claim:
"the game will return to the survival horror roots and will be unrecognizable at first sight to the fans. The game was claimed to be closer to Silent Hill more so than Resident Evil and that it would focus more or less on paranormal and supernatural aspects rather than traditional biological (pseudo)sciences we are used to. This seems like an outcry at first because it would be a stretch from the plot but in reality it is not (I will return to this later). With a new found focus on psychological horror the game may actually feature a complete lack of guns, another first for the series. We may also see a single (speculated to be female) protagonist who does not have a partner. This would put the entire co-op play at great risk and would alienate the fans who've enjoyed that feature since 5. Perhaps it is a necessary evil to revitalize new life into an old franchise."

I'm not entirely sure what to think about this. I'm not trying to be all "big talk" about this or "I told you so". Of course not everything I said was true. At least I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be. That would be scarier than the game itself, JK. I'm just all.... dumbstruck by it. Which actually makes me super excited. There is so much potential to be had that people don't realise.

LOL @ YOU! I'm sorry but I had too. I'm only kidding though. Love you *hugs*

VR is such a cheap gimmick and it sucks to see Capcom build an entire mainline entry of the Resident Evil series around it. My excitement was at 100 but that got brought to an abrupt stop by a title reveal. My only interest in this game is pure curiosity of what they're doing with the story.

I'm 99% sure that there was an interview where one of the directors said that the mainline games play around with new ideas and the Revelation games appeal to the fans. With RE7 being in development for so long and old rumors from two or so years ago appeared to be true. It's safe to say that this game was in development FAR before PT was even announced, or even VR. Plus it's proven to be "Project Kitchen" that was shown off last year. So that only furthers that. I really wished I could find the rumor from 2014. I've been looking for ages, but no dice. Which actually really annoyed about this, even ****ed. I knew I should have bookmarked that page.

The guy in the picture with his wife looks like it could be Barry, and it even looks like it's the same guy seen throughout the trailer who's terrorizing the player. I could be wrong though because after looking at the guy in the picture again, he kind of reminded me of Simmons. It's hard to tell really.

As for the woman with the scribbled on face, my initial thought was Rebecca, but if we really want to believe this is tied to Revelations 2, it could also be Moira, though her features don't really look like Moira's to me. Quite honestly, I'm starting to lean towards Jill because of her nose and mouth.

And as far as that wheelchaired figure goes, it definitely evokes Spencer, but I doubt it's him. Looks more like a woman because of the hair.

Exactly. I agree with you 100%. The comments I'm seeing everywhere about the fanbase being hypocritical are really idiotic. I'm not swearing off the series yet either, I'm still hoping for the best and even if I end up enjoying this entry for what it is, I really really hope this isn't the route the series takes.

I'm pretty sure the woman in the quick flashes is the one terrorising the player... and the little girl. As for Spencer, I don't know what to say. It's like it's a flash back or a memory. I just can't put my finger on it. Where the little window has the dark flash. The old man and the girl. He also looks like Spencer... so I'm trying to place my finger on this one.

Top Bottom