• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

Unknown

It ****es me off that it's a whole new cast, but we do have Vendetta with Chris and Leon coming up, which shows they're not just completely forgetting about them.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
It ****es me off that it's a whole new cast, but we do have Vendetta with Chris and Leon coming up, which shows they're not just completely forgetting about them.
Another games thats not announced at all yet is in the works at the same time as 7

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I was just thinking...

To answer concerns about the other characters getting too old/overused/seasoned, they could reboot the franchise with younger, redesigned versions of the old cast (Lara, Jill, Chris, Leon, Ada, Claire, etc.), kinda like Lara Croft in the TReboot and have it run separately from the current series, starting with RE7-onwards which has all new characters.

That way, you have all the beloved old school characters in one continuity (albeit younger reimaginings of those characters) and the all-new cast in the other. As a general rule, any sequels in the rebooted series would use subtitles instead of numbers to avoid confusion with the current saga, and the rebooted series could use the third person camera to please classic fans. I mean, why the hell not? They're already working on RE2make and RE7 simultaneously, though it might be different production studios working on them.

Funny I should say that, I'd rather this game BE an actual reboot with younger redesigns of some of the original cast than a continuation of the current series with an all-new cast which, again, is like making a new Hitman game without Agent 47, a new Metal Gear Solid without Snake, a new Parasite Eve without Aya Brea, you see where I'm going with this?

Fenris

Wolf :)
Another interesting video. Not sure if this is a glitch or intended.

By now I have the theory that the "father" is a ghost and certain events in the game will spawn him. And the player needs to do the right things in order to not get caught.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Another interesting video. Not sure if this is a glitch or intended.

By now I have the theory that the "father" is a ghost and certain events in the game will spawn him. And the player needs to do the right things in order to not get caught.
the family man can move like the flash lol, Well from the dev interview they said that despite the seemingly supernatural ghost/occurrences it'll be explainable RE style. Also, at this point the demo is so cryptic and mysterious you can't even tell what is glitched or legit stuff lol

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Perhaps Revelations 3?
Maybe it is a Revelations 3, I don't remember what it actually said, I read somewhere that they said "we have yet another title in the work" I'm not sure but they meant something by that, Maybe it's a Revelations 3, or another spin off as ORC

meg5493

tumblr_o8tgnn6xHw1stfuexo1_500.png

Found this and thought it was hilarious, so I thought I'd share it with you guys

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
tumblr_o8tgnn6xHw1stfuexo1_500.png

Found this and thought it was hilarious, so I thought I'd share it with you guys

I actually have seen it, and it was pretty funny. I was also perfectly on board with RE7 despite the format change until they confirmed none of the original cast are gonna be returning. Now, I'll still more than likely get the game and may even enjoy it for what it is, but it's definitely hurt my excitement a bit.

meg5493

I actually have seen it, and it was pretty funny. I was also perfectly on board with RE7 despite the format change until they confirmed none of the original cast are gonna be returning. Now, I'll still more than likely get the game and may even enjoy it for what it is, but it's definitely hurt my excitement a bit.
Wasn't it confirmed even though they wouldn't be in the game they would be mentioned or something along those lines? I mean this does take place canonically after 6 so I'm sure some characters will be talked about. (Though as to which characters who knows.)

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Wasn't it confirmed even though they wouldn't be in the game they would be mentioned or something along those lines? I mean this does take place canonically after 6 so I'm sure some characters will be talked about. (Though as to which characters who knows.)
I was getting that impression as well. It's a continuation of the canon thus far, so I saw it more as like they were going to use the new character(s) to explain any relevant bio-activity, which would consequently affect the lives of the heroes we already know. In other words, continuing the story from a new POV, but still referencing the old characters in some way. Though I haven't really any evidence to back that theory, it just makes the most sense to me, and probably contains some wishful thinking.

Does anyone know just how long after 6 that 7 takes place? Maybe we won't see any old characters because they've all been dead for 40 years.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
This is what they said exactly;
"And when I asked would we see any familiar faces – Chris, Jill, Leon – or the nefarious Umbrella Corp?

"Basically no. It’s a whole new set of characters and situations," said Kawata, who has worked on the franchise since 2005's Resident Evil 4. But he did say, "There could be some interesting surprises in store as well." So expect there to be some easter eggs in there at least."

I read that earlier as well. I think we will see something of them. Definitely not playable but there has to be links to connect the story. It'll likely be linked to Umbrella or a villain, rather than heroes themselves. Unless it's mentions and references to them.

The new character thing isn't necessarily a bad thing if done right. If they are like Sheva or Helena... then ugh... if they are developed like Moira, Natalia, or even Piers. Then I'm all for it. As long as there is something to relate too, something human and believable about them and they can fit into the story. It'll work out fine. Looking at the demo. The writing and the dialogue of the characters within the demo are very believable and human. It's like we're actually there in that world. Capcom broke the ground rules on video game characters. I'm hoping this will be revolutionary to video games. Allowing for new ways to explore characters and to write them into games. Delivering them to an audience. Very few developers would be willing to bet their chips in to do something like this.

Resident Evil has always been a series about meaningful choices. Should I engage or should I avoid the conflict. Should I use these items or should I save them. How should I deal with encounter or the problem set in front of me. Resident EVII is simply taking that experience and shaping the entire game around that core experience. The entire game is about meaningful choices and how it will affect the player. Why should the play care for what they are doing. How should the play feel about their engagement.

Ummmm.... if this is true. The game could very well be delayed or it could launch with a lot of bugs. A game doesn't get a release date if it's only "65%" done. Unless it's an annual franchise, and we know how the quality of some of those games come to be. There is no way Capcom would screw this up. I'm not sure if I believe this bit.

Does anyone know just how long after 6 that 7 takes place? Maybe we won't see any old characters because they've all been dead for 40 years.

I think they said after the events of 6. Resident Evil numbered titles are always within 2 years of their release. I personally think the game will take place in 2018. 20 years after the events of the first game. Kind of an anniversary. It would be perfect to do so since the setting is so similar as well.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
If I understood the devs correctly, it takes place in real time after the events of RE6. So, that would mean the game will actually take place in 2017, which would mean Natalia is 16 and likely well on her way to being a real threat.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
If I understood the devs correctly, it takes place in real time after the events of RE6. So, that would mean the game will actually take place in 2017, which would mean Natalia is 16 and likely well on her way to being a real threat.

Technically it's Alex, not Natalia. She would never do anything like that and there seems to be a few hints toward Alex in the demo and trailer. At least I think so. The whole hanging dolls is rather creepy, especially with it being one of the locations the girl can be spotted at.

She would be one to observe the events that are unfolding. Perhaps a sick and twisted experiment?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I am super disappointed in this game being first person I honestly only will play a few games in first person... I really need to see more I may have jumped the gun being mad so fast but it bothers I am sorry. They will really have to make it have amazing gameplay for me to jump on board . Very few horror titles pull off the first person game for me

Top Bottom