• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I honestly like the first person view. People keep saying "It dosent feel like Resident Evil" im just like, well what does feel like RE to you anymore? People complained about the old games saying they were too slow and bad controls, then people complained about the behind the back, now they're conplaining about this. I wish those kind of 'fans' would just do what they say they're gunna do and abandon the series. The series is never going back to the old style, except for remasters or remakes. RE4 changed it forever, people need to get over it or move on. This game is innovating, it's sonething different. "It's copying PT". Yea well every third person shooter since RE4 copied it. No one complained. I don't care, it's a new entry in my favourite series of all time and it's something different. I can't wait. Not happy that there's no old characters, but who knows this new character could be great.

Honestly, I'm willing to give the FPP a chance, especially with the VR (which Sony probably paid for part of its development so it could used with their VR, hence it being shown at their E3 presser despite it being a multiplat, just a thought). I look at games like Alien: Isolation and immediately think it could really be something else in first person if done right. OTOH, Alien: Isolation would NOT work as a TPS given the atmosphere of the game. Of course, I was hoping the option to play in third person was still there, which it doesn't look like it will be (then again, Capcom has changed their plans in response to fans' criticism before, so who knows?), but it is what it is.

However, I was hoping we'd see some of the fan favorites in some fashion. Jill absolutely has a place and purpose for being in this game and was even teased being in the game in her Barry e-mail file in Revelations 2 as mentioned. In that respect, it is kinda a letdown that they're gonna continue to ignore her fallout from RE5, especially with all signs pointing to Chris, Leon and Rebecca being in Revelations 3, meaning it'll be 4+ games before they finally reveal what happened to her after RE5, which fans have been pleading for for years. Again, I could still wind up enjoying the game with the all-new cast, but that is kinda a letdown. I'm hoping we at least get side-mission DLC with some of the others like RE5 Lost in Nightmares, but again, it is what it is.

black 93

Honestly, I'm willing to give the FPP a chance, especially with the VR (which Sony probably paid for part of its development so it could used with their VR, hence it being shown at their E3 presser despite it being a multiplat, just a thought). I look at games like Alien: Isolation and immediately think it could really be something else in first person if done right. OTOH, Alien: Isolation would NOT work as a TPS given the atmosphere of the game. Of course, I was hoping the option to play in third person was still there, which it doesn't look like it will be (then again, Capcom has changed their plans in response to fans' criticism before, so who knows?), but it is what it is.

However, I was hoping we'd see some of the fan favorites in some fashion. Jill absolutely has a place and purpose for being in this game and was even teased being in the game in her Barry e-mail file in Revelations 2 as mentioned. In that respect, it is kinda a letdown that they're gonna continue to ignore her fallout from RE5, especially with all signs pointing to Chris, Leon and Rebecca being in Revelations 3, meaning it'll be 4+ games before they finally reveal what happened to her after RE5, which fans have been pleading for for years. Again, I could still wind up enjoying the game with the all-new cast, but that is kinda a letdown. I'm hoping we at least get side-mission DLC with some of the others like RE5 Lost in Nightmares, but again, it is what it is.
Dude, i agree. The lack of character's has really pi**ed me off and i can agree with the upset fans on that. There's just so much we don't know about this game still and people are already making a judgement call. Im as shocked and angry that Jill has vanished as the next guy, and don't get me wrong when i first saw the trailer i was like what the hell is this. I gotta be honest though, after playing the teaser a ton of times and finding that umbrella picture, i don't think it's as cut and dry as we think. I don't think capcom will have the balls to cut out old characters completley. I think they're just trying to reboot the series without actually rebooting and starting totally fresh storywise. I'l tell you something though, iv had more of an urge to go back to that ten minute teaser than i have to go back to any RE6 campaign at all. Capcom is on to something here if you ask me, i just wish we knew more.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
There is stuff on the PlayStation store that's like dlc side and story missions, so maybe they'll show up in those? I'm personally fine with all-new characters though. I was never terribly enraptured by Jill's situation, and I've seen quite a bit of all the characters we know to this point. I mean if they have a new cast and the characters suck, then yeah I'll be disappointed, but I honestly think they have a better chance of making interesting new characters than trying to breathe life into the old ones, provided they do it correctly.

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
Thank you! I've been saying this on other corners of the internet and even pointed out that project Kitchen was playable to the press when P.T. was revealed. I definitely wasn't feeling the same vibe. It definitely felt more Resident Evil than Silent Hills, but of course according to the internet. We're wrong xD

I've been seeing that thrown around a bit on this post. What is project Kitchen? I feel like an idiot since I have to ask and nobody else seemed to >_> I'm assuming it's a first person teaser as well based on the PT comparison?

Also surprisingly I was in fact referring to Silent Hill (as in the original 4) when I made that comment. I do see why people would compare this to PT (though you could say that for Amnesia and Soma as well) But what I don't understand is how this looks anything like Silent Hill. PT itself doesn't even look like Silent Hill and that was done on purpose, so I don't know why some people are saying RE7 looks more like SH and less like RE.

meg5493

I've been seeing that thrown around a bit on this post. What is project Kitchen? I feel like an idiot since I have to ask and nobody else seemed to >_> I'm assuming it's a first person teaser as well based on the PT comparison?

Also surprisingly I was in fact referring to Silent Hill (as in the original 4) when I made that comment. I do see why people would compare this to PT (though you could say that for Amnesia and Soma as well) But what I don't understand is how this looks anything like Silent Hill. PT itself doesn't even look like Silent Hill and that was done on purpose, so I don't know why some people are saying RE7 looks more like SH and less like RE.
Kitchen was a playable vr demo that was thought to be a new Ip from Capcom. And I agree with so much of what your saying with silent hill and resident evil, its like half the people who've said stuff like that haven't even played the early SH games

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
Kitchen was a playable vr demo that was thought to be a new Ip from Capcom. And I agree with so much of what your saying with silent hill and resident evil, its like half the people who've said stuff like that haven't even played the early SH games
Interesting. I must have missed out on that for some reason or other. I'm guessing people assume that's what RE7 had evolved from right?

I know right? They're nearly polar opposites in everything. It also drives me nuts when people call Silent Hill some purgatory but that's a topic for another day lol.

meg5493

Interesting. I must have missed out on that for some reason or other. I'm guessing people assume that's what RE7 had evolved from right?

I know right? They're nearly polar opposites in everything. It also drives me nuts when people call Silent Hill some purgatory but that's a topic for another day lol.
Its almost impossible to find footage so its understandable,but yeah when it comes to SH its like opening a can of worms

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
There is stuff on the PlayStation store that's like dlc side and story missions, so maybe they'll show up in those?

They did say "we may see some surprises" so it's definitely possible.

One can only hope.

Though I beg to differ about the old characters. Jill's fallout from RE5 could easily be made into an intriguing storyline, especially with Natalex (her captor's sister) now at large. Perhaps we could see hallucinogens come into play, so she's haunted by images of Wesker (I could easily see Natalex doing that in Jill's traumatized state, talk about blood in the water) and perhaps some freaky, ghoulish monsters in addition to actual zombies/B.O.W.s in the process or even be treated to nightmare cutscenes. They could do all kinds of interesting stuff with that. Her trauma could be made into an intriguing storyline all by itself and be her handicap the player must fight through. Imagine having to claw your way through each area with limited ammo AND freaky hallucinations randomly flashing on screen/appearing out of nowhere.

And there's no way in hell Jill WOULDN'T go after Natalex after what her brother did to her in RE5. She'll want her dead more than anybody FFS! Hence, it would be lazy writing NOT to feature her in the next game involving Natalex, be it Resi 7, Revelations 3 or a future title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Interesting, I still hate the story of MGSV, it ruined the series for me personally. It should've been Big Boss. I agree about Twin Snakes btw.

GTA5 was just poorly written, the plot is full of holes. GTA4 however, is a masterpiece, though I can understand people's problems with it being very grim and striving for "realism", with a very sincere, less humorous story. I think 5 just dumbed everything down to casual rubbish, with underdeveloped mechanics like stealth, less physics, poor sound design (those awful gunshots)....hated it.

U4 is tighter than 3 plotwise, but still nowhere near as well paced as 2.

To be fair. I'm going to give you credit for GTAIV. I never actually completed it because of what I mentioned, and because the story went no where. I think I got just around the halfway point, maybe further. I was sick with all the drug dealings and thought it was all bull****. I had one friend tell me that the last quarter of the game is really good.

I can't wait to play Uncharted 4's single player. It might be a while off now :( Ugh! Oh well.

PS. Anyone else check out the fuse and read it? or no :p I can't believe no one here is talking about it xD
Also the clock may give us a hint to a character from the final release.

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
To be fair. I'm going to give you credit for GTAIV. I never actually completed it because of what I mentioned, and because the story went no where. I think I got just around the halfway point, maybe further. I was sick with all the drug dealings and thought it was all bull****. I had one friend tell me that the last quarter of the game is really good.

I can't wait to play Uncharted 4's single player. It might be a while off now :( Ugh! Oh well.

PS. Anyone else check out the fuse and read it? or no :p I can't believe no one here is talking about it xD
Also the clock may give us a hint to a character from the final release.
Are you talking about the clock in the hall by the dummy finger? Because if so I don't have any clue what hint there is.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Are you talking about the clock in the hall by the dummy finger? Because if so I don't have any clue what hint there is.

Yes I am. It's always set to 7:50 at all times. Both present and in the VHS tape. I ended up looking it up and apparently it's a biblical thing. Something about a woman who is a sinner, but was forgiven or something or not. I'm not entirely sure on it, but it's more evidence that villain is female. Which was already obvious from the get go with the phone and the trailer having a woman everywhere and a girl on the cover art. The sinner could be Alex and the innocent one would be Natalia. Just a theory, but a lot of people are theorizing that Alex is involved in this game in some way. There seems to be a lot of hints. Everything from "She's back" to the dolls hanging by nooses. That could even be Capcom's whole "it's not supernatural, it has a twist to it" deal. Again, just theories.

Basically I did a play through and spent hours analyzing every little detail I could find. That was one of them. The biggest one for me personally is the fuse. It could be a big hint, but it's ****ing with me big time. What did you think the fuse says? I'm just curious as to how you read it? I think that if everyone wrote up what they think the fuse says. We might be able to put our heads together and figure it out. It seems EVERYONE is over looking the light.

If you don't know what I mean by the fuse. Inspect the fuse and there is a message on the bottom in handwriting that says something. It is legible but it's hard to read. If we all write down how we perceive it. We can put it all together. The bottom seems to be the top in reverse, but a few words can be seen differently and one apparently different. In a single sentence I have a couple words which could be one or two because the handwriting is hard to read... ugh.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Yes I am. It's always set to 7:50 at all times. Both present and in the VHS tape. I ended up looking it up and apparently it's a biblical thing. Something about a woman who is a sinner, but was forgiven or something or not. I'm not entirely sure on it, but it's more evidence that villain is female. Which was already obvious from the get go with the phone and the trailer having a woman everywhere and a girl on the cover art. The sinner could be Alex and the innocent one would be Natalia. Just a theory, but a lot of people are theorizing that Alex is involved in this game in some way. There seems to be a lot of hints. Everything from "She's back" to the dolls hanging by nooses. That could even be Capcom's whole "it's not supernatural, it has a twist to it" deal. Again, just theories.

Basically I did a play through and spent hours analyzing every little detail I could find. That was one of them. The biggest one for me personally is the fuse. It could be a big hint, but it's ****ing with me big time. What did you think the fuse says? I'm just curious as to how you read it? I think that if everyone wrote up what they think the fuse says. We might be able to put our heads together and figure it out. It seems EVERYONE is over looking the light.

If you don't know what I mean by the fuse. Inspect the fuse and there is a message on the bottom in handwriting that says something. It is legible but it's hard to read. If we all write down how we perceive it. We can put it all together. The bottom seems to be the top in reverse, but a few words can be seen differently and one apparently different. In a single sentence I have a couple words which could be one or two because the handwriting is hard to read... ugh.
I hate to tell you this... But the time on the clock is actually 10.37, not 7.50. I think you got the hands mixed up. ;)

As for the fuse, I have examined it before using the PS4's zoom feature, and the few words I could get make no sense:

*scribble* Was wife got *scribble* not old.

I'm even unsure on the word 'wife' as it could easily be another word with a cross through it, or any of the words for that matter because the writing is so messy. I don't think it means anything at all, really. And the bottom row is the exact same message, just mirrored.

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
From the trailer, thoughts on this? looks like an infected wolf? or a new type of cerberus perhaps
image.jpg

Also this, slimmer version of uroboros?
image.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I hate to tell you this... But the time on the clock is actually 10.37, not 7.50. I think you got the hands mixed up. ;)

As for the fuse, I have examined it before using the PS4's zoom feature, and the few words I could get make no sense:

*scribble* Was wife got *scribble* not old.

I'm even unsure on the word 'wife' as it could easily be another word with a cross through it, or any of the words for that matter because the writing is so messy. I don't think it means anything at all, really. And the bottom row is the exact same message, just mirrored.

You're absolutely right about the clock. Good eye. I didn't notice the circles that shows the shortening of the hands. That makes a lot of sense and I missed that. Are you sure it's 10:37 and not 10:35. 10:37 looks more like it. Of course looking for hidden meanings I just Googled so see if it has some biblical meaning.

So it's like:

"Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father."

and

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

It sounds like someone who is following their father's work but has some distaste or hatred toward them. Has a huge ego and thinks of his/"her" (female villain is hinted) self above everyone else. It sounds like a certain someone due to a lot of documents in a recent game. It can also have a dual meaning with hatred to both Spencer in Barry if it is her, and not someone else. Which could line with the numbers reversed. The English localization makes no mention of Alex mentioning Barry at all. Apparently in the Japanese version she tells Barry that she hates him and will destroy him as you approach the lair at the "True or False" segment. She also says "Travesty and Reality" in the original, rather than "True or False" which is a bit more fitting because she mentions this in the final document. Natalia being the travesty and that she cannot exist because Alex's memories bleeding with Natalia could have her replace her if her consciousness remains in control. She (Alex) then refers to herself as "Reality" and that only she alone is true. That Natalia's body belongs to her and she's ****ed the **** off that Natalia's consciousness is strong and shows resistance, and that it was not supposed to be that way. Thought imho having a split consciousness kind of makes it hard to "wake up" in another body. Which is why her monster form was literally a throw away thing at that point, just a boss fight and shock factors. She very much shared a fate that was rather similar too Albert's in the first game.... and a rude joke that had to remind players that "Wesker" got shot with an RPG from a helicopter by a Redfield. That really bugged me. I didn't need to be reminded about that xD Again... a shared fate and a tasteless joke (sorry I went off topic there xD)

Back to the Fuse. That's an interesting take. The first scribble is "I" but I can't make out the second one. The "wife" bit is the first time I've noticed that. The top and bottom are the same but you can see a different perspective. It seems very few people noticed this little bit. I know of two translations.

This one seems the most accurate from Reddit.
"I was safe yet still not old"

I was at my parents place and played it on their 4k TV and discovered it on my own.
The brackets are alternative words for it's place.

I Alex (when) axe get ? not old
in reverse "old" looks different.
I when axe tap (put) not Ada

The mention of Ada is a real stretch imho and Alex is a bit of a stretch as well. The reason I consider it is because my name is Alex irl and my signature in handwriting looks very much like that.... The "A" straight into the "L". There is also speculation that the light is a hint for the Axe and the water facet. So there's a lot of speculation to be had over it. I think the Reddit guy is right though, I can see it now Some may say "old" could be "add" which could be a hint as well. So it's certainly a work in progress to figure it out xD

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
Its almost impossible to find footage so its understandable,but yeah when it comes to SH its like opening a can of worms
Is it really? Dang and I was going to ask if there were any videos on it left? It's just my luck being out of the loop for so many months.
Yeah I prefer not to open that can of worms lol.

Top Bottom