• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil on the PSP?

Levan

Polkka. lol
I just thought, every major console has an RE game, but the PSP never had one.

PSX/PS1 has RE1-3(including the Director's cut version and Dual shock, and maybe 1.5) and Survivor,
PS2 has RE:CVX, RE4, Outbreak Files 1&2, Dead Aim and that survivor 2 thing that I don't remember much...
PS3 has, of course, RE5,
GC has REmake, RE0 and RE4,
Dreamcast had RE:CV,
Xbox has... none?? but at least...
the 360 had RE5,
DS has RE: Deadly Silence,
Wii has UC, RE4, Archives and the upcoming DC,
Even the iPhone had its own game, Degeneration. :(

I think I'm missing a lot, but really, I'm curious why they never even decided to release an RE PSP game. I think there's a rumored PSP version of outbreak to be released though... But they're just rumors anyway.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I think if RE4 ever came out for PSP I'd have to go an buy a new PSP lol... but ive had two, I had a pink one, an a white one lol.
There pretty good, but yeah no resi evil is out for it

Levan

Polkka. lol
Meh, I wouldn't like RE4 to be released in the PSP. It's already in a lot of platforms already. x_x

But I would like a game with the RE4/RE5 controls on the PSP, it would be great. Maybe they should've released Degeneration in the PSP instead of the iPhone, but of course 100 times better. :p

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Ah yeah that is a thought, a seperate resi game for the psp would be pretty good specially if its like RE4&5.
I kinda liked GTA on my old psp I use to play that all day at my old job because I was a receptionist lol... never had anything to do so I bought psp films on my lunch break Lol.

but having a psp in your pocket the hole time kinda sucked lol.

Rollin6z

If Capcom is going to release Resident Evil on the PSP, then they should stay true to the Sony fans that made it what it is today and make the game like the pre RE4 games. And Resident Evil is on PSP ... hacked homebrew PSP. I have RE2 dual shock for it.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Well, I've always wanted a PSP game with RE4/RE5 gameplay but the original gameplay would be alright. But I really hope they don't make one like what the DS has, which is basically RE1 with only some added features.

Remakes or newer games would be quite good. :)

Zombie Enclave

Resident Evil Degeneration for PSP would be cool. The Ipod (and Nokia N-Gauge) version sucked, so why not make a PSP version? It would be extremely inhanced.

Hoady

Why on earth would they make an ipod version?Despite my hate for handhelds(except good old gameboy)if they make it classic styles it could be pretty badass i don't see why they just don't port one of the games to PSP as it is(its only the 1000th remake).

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i know you can emulate psx resident evil on the psp, but they never ported it over, i have no idea why...it makes sense that they would..
have a portable resident evil

ValentineFan

It would actually be a really good idea to have RE on psp, even though i usually don't like any hand held gaming things, i like playing games on a big screen :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't really like Sony too much, although I had bought a PS2 to play the RE's on there, I do think, actually I know that if RE came to PSP I would not hesitate to buy one.:)

I personally think a port of Survivor would be real nice, as Survivor was fun, great plot, okay characters, etc, I think it could even be handeled by the PSP's graphics.:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ark;41559 said:
Survivor on PSP would be like a FPS or something.

An FPS? Well no more than it was originally.:) Despite it being in first person, there really haven't been too many complaints about the first person view in the game...

I think they could do it, and make it better. Maybe clean up the graphics, add a few of the newer control features, perhaps being able to pull out a knife, add in the manual reload function, and of course the 360 degree turn.:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Rollin6z;41732 said:
Port Dead Aim to PSP? It's one I never actually got to play.

That is not suprising, as Survivor is really hard to come by nowadays...you might have luck on ebay or amazon, I was lucky enough to have a friend get it for me at Movie Trading Company.:)

It isn't the best one ever, but I think if they adjusted the things I mentioned it would be very worth the money(as if I wouldn't buy it anyway).

Top Bottom