• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil nr12 of the 50 best game-series of ALL TIME

Chris-BSAA

Guinnes Book of World Records Gamers Edition has made a top 50-list of best videogames as voted by readers, and guess what, Resident Evil made it in the top 12! Concratz! :lol:

Full list:
1.Halo
2.Call of Duty
3.The Legend of Zelda
4.Guitar Hero
5.Metal Gear
6.Super Mario Bros.
7.World of Warcraft
8.Gears of War
9.Super Smash Bros.
10.Grand Theft Auto
11.Pokémon
12.Resident Evil
13.Fallout
14.Half-Life
15.Sonic the Hedgehog
16.Counter-Strike
17.Runescape
18.FIFA
19.Kingdom Hearts
20.Final Fantasy
21.Pac-Man
22.Madden NFL
23.The Sims
24.Tomb Raider
25.WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW
26.Rock Band
27.LittleBigPlanet
28.Saints Row
29.The Elder Scrolls
30.God of War
31.GoldenEye 007
32.Bioshock
33.KillZone
34.Skate
35.Left 4 Dead
36.Need for Speed
37.Chrono Trigger
38.Gran Turismo
39.StarCraft
40.Ratchet & Clank
41.Pong
42.Tom Clancy’s
43.Star Wars: Battlefront
44.Battlefield
45.Diablo
46.Lego Batman
47.Mario Kart
48.Burnout
49.Crash Bandicoot
50.Pro Evolution Soccer

source: www.vg247.com

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Resident Evil is my favorite game franchise of all time. I would have put it as #1, because 10 out of 10 times I would choose to play it over the top 11 listed above. Heck, I would have put Saints Row ahead of Grand Theft Auto and Pokémon.

Mr Sunshine

:eek: Noone plays adventures anymore. :(

Edited: hmmmmm.. Halo is first? Are you sure this isn't the top 50 xBox games? Did the poll took place in a xBox site maybe? I mean come on! There's not even a port for playstaytion and the PC versions come out years later! I love the first game but the second wasn't something special I think. I haven't played the third.

SNPAL21

Monster
Resident Evil is the best. Glad to Pokemon, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart on the list as well.

Chris-BSAA

Fallen91;74244 said:
Edited: hmmmmm.. Halo is first? Are you sure this isn't the top 50 xBox games? Did the poll took place in a xBox site maybe? I mean come on! There's not even a port for playstaytion and the PC versions come out years later! I love the first game but the second wasn't something special I think. I haven't played the third.

I think most people that read 'The Guinnes book of World Records Gamers Edition'(what an ignoing long name) have a xbox 360, what would also explain why ps3 exclusives like God of War and Killzone arent that high on the list.

Kellyrose

Chris-BSAA;74237 said:
Full list:
1.Halo
2.Call of Duty
3.The Legend of Zelda
4.Guitar Hero
5.Metal Gear
6.Super Mario Bros.
7.World of Warcraft
8.Gears of War

Stopped reading

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Besides Resident Evil 4, Grand Theft Auto, FIFA, The Sims and Tomb Raider are my favs too <3! And all the boys from my school plays Counter Strike or Runescape x3

But too bad they didn't put TLOS on it T~T!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Games of interest and games I own:

3. The Legend of Zelda
5. Metal Gear
7. World of Warcraft
10. Grand Theft Auto
12. Resident Evil
13. Fallout
14. Half-Life
16. Counter-Strike
20. Final Fantasy
24. Tomb Raider
29. The Elder Scrolls
30. God of War
35. Left 4 Dead
36. Need for Speed

Fallen91;74244 said:
:eek: Noone plays adventures anymore. :(

I agree that the shooters are too dominant, but Zelda, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy are RPGs/adventures.
Also I think it's strange that Halo is so high up. I searched for best selling lists and they have different rankings.

List of best-selling video game franchises:
#1. Mario (1981) (222 million sales)
#2. Pokémon (1995) (193 millions)
#3. Tetris (1985) (125 millions)
#26. Resident Evil (1996) (42 millions)
#34. Halo (2001) (30 millions)

List of best-selling video games:
This list is for single games and there's one list for each console version so it's a bit messy.

Mr Sunshine

I wasn't reffering to neither Action RPGs nor Action Adventures. I was reffering to pure (Point and Click) Adventures. The ones that rely on puzzles and story only. Like Syberia, The Longest Journey, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Simon the Sorcerer, Myst e.t.c

Hoady

Halo?The first halo is just amazingly awesome but everything after that is crap.And for COD its good but theres too many of them and it operates like every other FPS(halo included).They even have games like Smackdown on there i mean come on what a terrible list haha.I wouldn't take this heartily though you probably had big dumbass nerds jumping up "HALO IS BESTEST, RECERDS!!" and inevitably they put it down.Its big dumbass nerds like that which made me get Halo 3,which i shortly put down within the same day and didn't play it for months.

Resident Evil got a beauty place but honestly among those games above it really does tower over some of them, considering the older style RE because its so unique.Cool to see Smash Bros in the top.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;74568 said:
I wasn't reffering to neither Action RPGs nor Action Adventures. I was reffering to pure (Point and Click) Adventures. The ones that rely on puzzles and story only. Like Syberia, The Longest Journey, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Simon the Sorcerer, Myst e.t.c
How fun to meet another person old enough to know about Monkey Island and Simon the Sorcerer! That's classic Amiga adventures.

Mr Sunshine

I'm too young to have played them on Amiga. However I have played Monkey Island 3 & 4 and Simon the Sorcerer 3D for windows. I also have Monkey Island anniversary edition. :D

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;74600 said:
Monkey Island 3 & 4
3 and 4. :blink:
I only know the two first Monkey Island games. Alas one of them had a disk error so I couldn't finish it. Some years later my Amiga broke too. :(

Top Bottom