• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 Console?

Will Resident Evil 7 come out on Xbox One or PS4?

• Total voters

Turo602

The King of Kings
If anything, they should just make DLC free after one/2 years. As someone who purchased it, I wouldn't mind that if it means being able to play what I paid for long ago (or even recently ...).

You paid for the game... not the DLC.

I don't like how some people can be closed minded with the DLC concept. They don't understand that games today should cost more than the 10 dollar increase made last gen. How can anyone buy a game as packed as Resident Evil 6 and complain that they should have gotten extra content? Resident Evil 6 alone is bigger than most games that came out during the "golden age." Capcom has even came out and admitted to a piece of unfinished DLC being on the game's disc. The reason it cost more money, was due to a lack of space on the disc, therefore, whatever comes out later, is in fact, extra.

Just like video games themselves, DLC has been done right but can also be taken advantage of by greedy developers. Still, if I'm not being robbed of something significant, then I shouldn't really complain, seeing as most games today offer up the same amount, if not, more content as those seen in the past. Most DLC is just lame maps and skins anyway... Not really missing much there. Anyway, I'm thankful for DLC... it's given developers a chance at redemption when they've messed up. It's how games like Resident Evil 6 and Gears of War 2 got fixed, for free. As long as they're not recharging me for patches/updates and withholding story content then I'm fine.

Just because you've been burned doesn't mean you're always going to get burned. It's like not buying a video game for having purchased a bad one before.

Sean_Pierce

You paid for the game... not the DLC.

I'm kinda guessing everything you said there was partially in response to what I said and what I quoted on the previous page. Either way, I'm sorry if I'm taking things literally (and sorry if all that wasn't directed at me) but I'm just replying to what's there. To reiterate what I said, I bought the DLC including the main game.

I don't like how some people can be closed minded with the DLC concept. They don't understand that games today should cost more than the 10 dollar increase made last gen. How can anyone buy a game as packed as Resident Evil 6 and complain that they should have gotten extra content? Resident Evil 6 alone is bigger than most games that came out during the "golden age." Capcom has even came out and admitted to a piece of unfinished DLC being on the game's disc. The reason it cost more money, was due to a lack of space on the disc, therefore, whatever comes out later, is in fact, extra.

Just like video games themselves, DLC has been done right but can also be taken advantage of by greedy developers. Still, if I'm not being robbed of something significant, then I shouldn't really complain, seeing as most games today offer up the same amount, if not, more content as those seen in the past. Most DLC is just lame maps and skins anyway... Not really missing much there. Anyway, I'm thankful for DLC... it's given developers a chance at redemption when they've messed up. It's how games like Resident Evil 6 and Gears of War 2 got fixed, for free. As long as they're not recharging me for patches/updates and withholding story content then I'm fine.

Just because you've been burned doesn't mean you're always going to get burned. It's like not buying a video game for having purchased a bad one before.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the main game and understand the concept and upsides of DLC. I'm even thankful for it (even if it can be abused and taken advantage of from as a business perspective). For single player DLC, it's not as much a problem because it doesn't require other players involved to make it work. For multiplayer, it's all exciting until the crowd fades therefore not being able to enjoy it on the long run.

I'm just expressing the frustration in not being able to find people to play with when it comes to paid-for DLC. Of course, that's going to happen with any game regardless of DLC but the lifespan is especially shorter on consoles with no B/C and the DLC itself.

This is why I never buy games until they release a "complete edition/game of the year edition", where it includes all DLC (not the case for RE6 for obvious reasons). Again, that fairs better for added single player DLC but not for multiplayer. So even doing so, it's still hard to enjoy the extra multiplayer content because not everyone is doing the same thing, nor are they purchasing the DLC content.

I'm just saying that after some time period (a year or longer if need be), they should either A) reduce the price or B) make them free. People are obviously going to go with the latter but from a corporate perspective, they're willing to go with the first option. And that does work better when the main game depreciates in time and gets a good sale price. I know I did that recently with L.A. Noire ($7.49) and got all the DLC for $2.99 ("DLC Season Pass") and $3.99 (DLC outside of the "Season Pass).

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm kinda guessing everything you said there was partially in response to what I said and what I quoted on the previous page. Either way, I'm sorry if I'm taking things literally (and sorry if all that wasn't directed at me) but I'm just replying to what's there. To reiterate what I said, I bought the DLC including the main game.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the main game and understand the concept and upsides of DLC. I'm even thankful for it (even if it can be abused and taken advantage of from as a business perspective). For single player DLC, it's not as much a problem because it doesn't require other players involved to make it work. For multiplayer, it's all exciting until the crowd fades therefore not being able to enjoy it on the long run.

I'm just expressing the frustration in not being able to find people to play with when it comes to paid-for DLC. Of course, that's going to happen with any game regardless of DLC but the lifespan is especially shorter on consoles with no B/C and the DLC itself.

This is why I never buy games until they release a "complete edition/game of the year edition", where it includes all DLC (not the case for RE6 for obvious reasons). Again, that fairs better for added single player DLC but not for multiplayer. So even doing so, it's still hard to enjoy the extra multiplayer content because not everyone is doing the same thing, nor are they purchasing the DLC content.

I'm just saying that after some time period (a year or longer if need be), they should either A) reduce the price or B) make them free. People are obviously going to go with the latter but from a corporate perspective, they're willing to go with the first option. And that does work better when the main game depreciates in time and gets a good sale price. I know I did that recently with L.A. Noire ($7.49) and got all the DLC for $2.99 ("DLC Season Pass") and $3.99 (DLC outside of the "Season Pass).

Yeah, I totally get you. I guess it's just one of those things where you pick your poison. You can't really blame anyone but yourself for purchasing outdated content. It sucks, but that's business for you.

weskerondope

dlc sucks indeed
fortunatly for me i never play mercenaries mode except for in resident evil 3 where you can win stuff
so it didnt bother me they had that garbage for resident evil 6

but i think resident evil 5 would have been a better game if the lost in nightmares was part of the original campaign

black 93

found this on the official resident evil wikipedia page. If this is anythin to go by, resi 7 is gunna be released on both consoles. Considering there is no resi on ps4 or xbox one yet, im guessin we 're gunna hear sonething soon

Turo602

The King of Kings
Um... I think it's pretty much a given that Resident Evil will make appearances on both consoles. Why is this even a discussion?

Top Bottom