• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 Console?

Will Resident Evil 7 come out on Xbox One or PS4?

• Total voters

Turo602

The King of Kings
My apologies. I meant CoD: Ghosts. All those games are the same to me haha. Also, Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Those are launch games. I doubt we'll see RE7 on last gen consoles. Early games tend to have ports on older consoles. Even then, the Wii U is still on the same boat as the PS3 and 360. They have the inferior version of those games.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Those are launch games. I doubt we'll see RE7 on last gen consoles. Early games tend to have ports on older consoles. Even then, the Wii U is still on the same boat as the PS3 and 360. They have the inferior version of those games.
It is quite possible if it comes out in the next 2 years that it could be across all consoles . Current gen still has a few years left in them so it really depends what year capcom spits itout.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It is quite possible if it comes out in the next 2 years that it could be across all consoles . Current gen still has a few years left in them so it really depends what year capcom spits itout.

I doubt it. Since when has Resident Evil gotten watered down console ports?

aintnoscrub

Premium
I doubt it. Since when has Resident Evil gotten watered down console ports?
Never said it had happened already, but I think your missing the fact that a whole bunch of new realeses are going to be released across the board and not just on next gen. HOWEVER I personally doubt re7 will be out in the next couple couple of years anyway as capcom has lost it nowadays.

weskerondope

the games you mentioned where relased for ps3/360 and wii u,
we where talking about resident evil 7 maybe going for xbox one and ps4,
wii u can pretty much run ps3 and 360 games and they will still look pretty much the same.
but a wii u running ps4/xbox one games means they have to maybe make the games a bit toned down for wii u version.
as i understand it capcom doesnt seem to be fan of releasing games on 2 different generations
which kinda suck in some way, cause i would have loved to have gotten resident evil zero on n64 and gamecube

so if they make resident evil 7 for ps4 and xbox one i really doubt they will release a wii u version
but i could see them re-releasing resident evil 5 and 6 for wii u

however if they for some wierd reason decides to make re7 for ps3/360 then it could be ported nicely to wii u aswell

im just guessing here

aintnoscrub

Premium
yeah that's what i was thinking. it's highly unlikely to happen, but let's not rule it out. it really does depend on when it comes out. if it was say for example in the next year, i could definitley see it being placed on 360/ps3 as well. but after about 18-24 months the new gen will be dominated by exclusives.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Never said it had happened already, but I think your missing the fact that a whole bunch of new realeses are going to be released across the board and not just on next gen. HOWEVER I personally doubt re7 will be out in the next couple couple of years anyway as capcom has lost it nowadays.

I'm not saying you did. The point is, it's never happened with a Resident Evil game because Capcom usually takes full advantage of next gen technology. Just take a look at Dead Rising 3. Why wasn't it on Xbox 360? It's not like it couldn't handle a downgraded port. Of course, it would have been a significant change from the Xbox One, much like the Wii port of the original, but this is Resident Evil.

weskerondope

i think its a shame that resident evil zero wasnt multiplatform though
would have loved to played the superior n64 version with better graphics

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But fans were asking for a version of Resident Evil 5 for Wii, and Capcom stated that, and I quote, "That would mean rebuilding the game from the ground up, which we are not opposed to doing." If they weren't opposed to doing it with RE5 on the Wii, then why would be be RE7 on the WiiU. ESPECIALLY considering Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and Call of Duty Ghosts.

Turo602

The King of Kings
But fans were asking for a version of Resident Evil 5 for Wii, and Capcom stated that, and I quote, "That would mean rebuilding the game from the ground up, which we are not opposed to doing." If they weren't opposed to doing it with RE5 on the Wii, then why would be be RE7 on the WiiU. ESPECIALLY considering Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and Call of Duty Ghosts.

Where's RE5 on the Wii then? Considering how poorly the Wii U and Capcom are currently doing, why would they waste the resources to make a lesser version of one of their biggest games on a failing console? Again... Assassin's Creed IV and Call of Dooty are early games of the new generation. They're not major technological leaps of their respective franchises. Meaning they were still able to port it to last generation consoles, as well as the Wii U. This isn't new. They're hardly next gen experiences. Even then, the Call of Duty franchise has always been a port whore.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Where's RE5 on the Wii then? Considering how poorly the Wii U and Capcom are currently doing, why would they waste the resources to make a lesser version of one of their biggest games on a failing console? Again... Assassin's Creed IV and Call of Dooty are early games of the new generation. They're not major technological leaps of their respective franchises. Meaning they were still able to port it to last generation consoles, as well as the Wii U. This isn't new. They're hardly next gen experiences. Even then, the Call of Duty franchise has always been a port whore.
Port Whore or not, the WiiU is a legitimate Current Gen system, and that can't exactly be denied...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Port Whore or not, the WiiU is a legitimate Current Gen system, and that can't exactly be denied...

What the hell are you talking about? What does that have to do with whether or not RE7 will be on the Wii U? I get it, Nintendo is awesome, doesn't mean the Wii U holds up technologically to the other two consoles.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What the hell are you talking about? What does that have to do with whether or not RE7 will be on the Wii U? I get it, Nintendo is awesome, doesn't mean the Wii U holds up technologically to the other two consoles.
But at the end of the day, Technology isn't the single deciding factor. And Capcom and Nintendo have been buddying it up for years.

Turo602

The King of Kings
But at the end of the day, Technology isn't the single deciding factor. And Capcom and Nintendo have been buddying it up for years.

At the end of the day, it is. Where was Assassin's Creed on the Wii? Resident Evil 5 and 6? If the system can't help further a series, then there's no need for it to be on that system unless it is specifically built around that system's functionalities.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
At the end of the day, it is. Where was Assassin's Creed on the Wii? Resident Evil 5 and 6? If the system can't help further a series, then there's no need for it to be on that system unless it is specifically built around that system's functionalities.
You can't say that that's the reason for it. It's never been stated as such. And it probably was due to fear of poor sales. NOT System power.

Turo602

The King of Kings
You can't say that that's the reason for it. It's never been stated as such. And it probably was due to fear of poor sales. NOT System power.

Are you seriously debating this? That's exactly the reason and because of that, it receives poor sales. It's pure common sense. Games like Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, and GTA are best played on 360 and PS3. It's built with that technology in mind. That's why the Wii's best games tend to be exclusives.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Are you seriously debating this? That's exactly the reason and because of that, it receives poor sales. It's pure common sense. Games like Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, and GTA are best played on 360 and PS3. It's built with that technology in mind. That's why the Wii's best games tend to be exclusives.
But at the end of the day, it's a current gen system. And that fact cannot be argued. I'm not saying it has the same technology. I'm not saying it can keep up in that aspect. But it IS a current gen system, meaning it could easily work.

Turo602

The King of Kings
But at the end of the day, it's a current gen system. And that fact cannot be argued. I'm not saying it has the same technology. I'm not saying it can keep up in that aspect. But it IS a current gen system, meaning it could easily work.

That makes no sense... Being current gen is irrelevant, also, no one is disputing whether or not it is. The Wii was also a current gen system for its time. What's your point here?

Last edited:
Top Bottom