• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 Console?

Will Resident Evil 7 come out on Xbox One or PS4?

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
...Why can't it be on both. Also, it's rather unfair to leave the WiiU out, considering it's really getting back to real gaming. That, and Nintendo has Capcom wrapped around their finger.

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
Yeah but when re6 DLC's came out they came out way early for Xbox and I don't wanna be stuck waiting for PS4 downloads =_= impatient Mr :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Honestly, I'm tired of DLC. Does anybody remember the golden age of gaming where everything was already on the disc. I'm sorry, but every single game that I consider to be among my favorite games has NO DLC. In fact, even though I pre-ordered RE6, I have YET to use the code to get the downloadable maps. Why? Because I just don't give a sh*t about DLC. A game shouldn't need DLC to be completed. Rant Finished!

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I don't think that resident evil right now is popular enough for capcom to risk losing sales by being ultra exclusive to one console. They favour Nintendo, like X box, and don't really care for Playstation, which is why it's usually last. But they already tried exclusivity with Nintendo and had to port in the end. They'll either release it on one before all, or all at the same time. They're probably still looking at how each piece of hardware works for them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think that resident evil right now is popular enough for capcom to risk losing sales by being ultra exclusive to one console. They favour Nintendo, like X box, and don't really care for Playstation, which is why it's usually last. But they already tried exclusivity with Nintendo and had to port in the end. They'll either release it on one before all, or all at the same time. They're probably still looking at how each piece of hardware works for them.

No offense, but you really couldn't be more wrong. For one, Resident Evil is Capcom's number one game franchise. So saying it's not popular enough really isn't feasible. Besides, two E3's ago, right before it's release, it was the second most anticipated game AT E3, second only to Halo 4...Also, it's not that it did bad on the Nintendo system that caused it to port. Capcom has ALWAYS done ports to other systems when it comes to putting out RE games. For example, CODE: Veronica was originally a Dreamcast game, and it was one of their best selling games, but was then ported to PS2. REmake and Zero were both ported to the Wii, as well as RE4. And saying they don't care for Playstation? I don't know WHERE you get that. RE STARTED OUT on Playstation. That's were it's roots are. Sony already owns all rights to the movie franchise anyway, so saying Capcom doesn't have a thing for Sony seems very inaccurate.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
No offense, but you really couldn't be more wrong. For one, Resident Evil is Capcom's number one game franchise. So saying it's not popular enough really isn't feasible. Besides, two E3's ago, right before it's release, it was the second most anticipated game AT E3, second only to Halo 4...Also, it's not that it did bad on the Nintendo system that caused it to port. Capcom has ALWAYS done ports to other systems when it comes to putting out RE games. For example, CODE: Veronica was originally a Dreamcast game, and it was one of their best selling games, but was then ported to PS2. REmake and Zero were both ported to the Wii, as well as RE4. And saying they don't care for Playstation? I don't know WHERE you get that. RE STARTED OUT on Playstation. That's were it's roots are. Sony already owns all rights to the movie franchise anyway, so saying Capcom doesn't have a thing for Sony seems very inaccurate.

All of my information comes from interviews with the creator of RE, Shinji Mikami himself. I'm not just speculating. Yes, RE started on PS, BUT Shinji DID NOT LIKE WORKING WITH PS2 HARDWARE. That's why he went to Nintendo to do an exclusive. It didn't do "bad", but it didn't do well enough. Nintendo just doesn't have as many zombie game fans. Only after PRESSURE FROM SHAREHOLDERS TO SELL MORE did they port it, even though Shinji DID NOT WANT TO give it to PS at all. He's actually very antagonistic towards Sony. If you look at the difference in graphics between RE4 PS2 and GC versions, you can easily see why he felt troubled working with the hardware. Yes, they always do ports but Shinji made it very clear that in the case of RE4 it was only because they were pressured to do so. You can google interviews with the creators to find all of this information.

I probably worded it wrong in that it's not so much that the game isn't popular, but it doesn't have enough fans on one single console to support it exclusively. Even RE6 did not sell as many copies as hoped, and although RE IS incredibly popular in general, it won't sell enough copies on one single console exclusive to make happy all of the people who are investing money into the franchise. They may not want to, but these days they have to port as much as possible. Yes RE started on PS, but the loyalty has shifted to Nintendo, xbox, and who knows where for this next gen. Either way, I'm 99% sure it will cover at least both xbox one and ps4, because they wouldn't risk losing sales from the top two most used consoles.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
All of my information comes from interviews with the creator of RE, Shinji Mikami himself. I'm not just speculating. Yes, RE started on PS, BUT Shinji DID NOT LIKE WORKING WITH PS2 HARDWARE. That's why he went to Nintendo to do an exclusive. It didn't do "bad", but it didn't do well enough. Nintendo just doesn't have as many zombie game fans. Only after PRESSURE FROM SHAREHOLDERS TO SELL MORE did they port it, even though Shinji DID NOT WANT TO give it to PS at all. He's actually very antagonistic towards Sony. If you look at the difference in graphics between RE4 PS2 and GC versions, you can easily see why he felt troubled working with the hardware. Yes, they always do ports but Shinji made it very clear that in the case of RE4 it was only because they were pressured to do so. You can google interviews with the creators to find all of this information.

I probably worded it wrong in that it's not so much that the game isn't popular, but it doesn't have enough fans on one single console to support it exclusively. Even RE6 did not sell as many copies as hoped, and although RE IS incredibly popular in general, it won't sell enough copies on one single console exclusive to make happy all of the people who are investing money into the franchise. They may not want to, but these days they have to port as much as possible. Yes RE started on PS, but the loyalty has shifted to Nintendo, xbox, and who knows where for this next gen. Either way, I'm 99% sure it will cover at least both xbox one and ps4, because they wouldn't risk losing sales from the top two most used consoles.

You do make a point, as far as the hardware comment is concerned, but you also can't really blame him. Which I know you're not. You stated yourself how lackluster the PS2 was in comparison with the Gamecube. (Now this next part is just speculation, but it seems like it would hold true) I think the reason they can't nail it only being on ONE system is because they've jumped too much from Exclusive system to exclusive system. I mean, they started out EXCLUSIVELY to Sony, then moved EXCLUSIVELY to Nintendo, and then from there they just kept jumping back and forth. Although I think you can say Capcom has always stayed true to Nintendo in giving it the MOST exclusives. Revelations, Mercs 3D, and the Chronicles games were all Nintendo exclusives first. In fact, They haven't done an exclusive RE game for Sony since RE: Nemesis...All other exclusives have been on Nintendo. (Note, that's not counting the PS2 exclusives like the Outbreak Files, mainly because I'm talking about cannon games here, and those are non-cannon) Dead Aim IS cannon, but is NOT part of the main story line, so I'll leave that up to you on whether you think it counts as a true RE Exclusive or not.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Honestly, I'm tired of DLC. Does anybody remember the golden age of gaming where everything was already on the disc. I'm sorry, but every single game that I consider to be among my favorite games has NO DLC. In fact, even though I pre-ordered RE6, I have YET to use the code to get the downloadable maps. Why? Because I just don't give a sh*t about DLC. A game shouldn't need DLC to be completed. Rant Finished!

Yep I hate having to constantly update games and that's mostly because of some new dlc that gets released. What if I don't want that dlc? Can I just skip the update? xD

That's the main reason I stopped playing some games. For example - the updates for Battlefield 3 on PS3 are usually close to 2gb and it takes forever to download. Worst thing is if my net drops (very likely) the download stops and it has to start from scratch again :mad:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yep I hate having to constantly update games and that's mostly because of some new dlc that gets released. What if I don't want that dlc? Can I just skip the update? xD

That's the main reason I stopped playing some games. For example - the updates for Battlefield 3 on PS3 are usually close to 2gb and it takes forever to download. Worst thing is if my net drops (very likely) the download stops and it has to start from scratch again :mad:

It's not even about the downloading/updating for me. I just don't see the point in "The latest CoD map pack" or "Exclusive weapons!" Maybe it's because I'm an old school gamer at heart. I only only three systems. A SNES, Dreamcast, and Gamecube, and that's the way I like it. I'm getting a WiiU soon, but mainly so I can stay up to date with Legend of Zelda, and probably exclusive RE titles.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Will Resident Evil 7 come out on Xbox One or PS4?
Provided it will be a RE7, why not both consoles??

I give you 500 cyberpoints for this rant! :)

weskerondope

...Why can't it be on both. Also, it's rather unfair to leave the WiiU out, considering it's really getting back to real gaming. That, and Nintendo has Capcom wrapped around their finger.
wii u is weaker than the others, just like wii was weaker than ps3 and 360
wii u should get resident evil 5 and 6 instead

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
wii u is weaker than the others, just like wii was weaker than ps3 and 360
wii u should get resident evil 5 and 6 instead
...What defines a system as weak...I had a lot more fun on the Wii than I EVER did on a PS3 OR 360...Hell...If not for RE, I wouldn't have enjoyed the others at all to be honest. Yeah, they had a few cool games, but the most fun was the Wii whenever I sat down to play, and to me, that makes it a strong system...And I type this as I'm PLAYING a PS3...But I'm playing a PS2 game remake...Just to show how little PS3 games appealed to me...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think he just means in terms of power/hardware specs, unless I'm mistaken.
I think so as well, however, at the end of the day, that's not all one should consider when it comes to what games should go on what systems...That was really all the point I was trying to make...

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think so as well, however, at the end of the day, that's not all one should consider when it comes to what games should go on what systems...That was really all the point I was trying to make...

Actually, yes it should. With great power comes great possibilities. That's why a lot of developers don't like developing for Nintendo consoles. Nintendo keeps sacrificing power for innovation, which leaves their consoles a generation behind but with a fancy new controller. Developers have already made use of the previous gens' capabilities. A new way to play isn't enough reason to halt a franchise.

weskerondope

your kinda missing the point here, i do mean the console is weaker in specs, so a lot of ps4/xbxone games wont be able to run on wii u, at least not without being altered a lot, this is not allways the case perhaps
resident evil 5 could maybe be ported to old wii if they slim the game down a bit, but a big game such as resident evil 6 i believe wouldnt work on old wii, unless you changed it so much that it aint even the same game anymore

i personally had more fun with my old wii than i had with my 360 and ps3, so im no fanboy of any kind

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
your kinda missing the point here, i do mean the console is weaker in specs, so a lot of ps4/xbxone games wont be able to run on wii u, at least not without being altered a lot, this is not allways the case perhaps
resident evil 5 could maybe be ported to old wii if they slim the game down a bit, but a big game such as resident evil 6 i believe wouldnt work on old wii, unless you changed it so much that it aint even the same game anymore

i personally had more fun with my old wii than i had with my 360 and ps3, so im no fanboy of any kind
But there have been games that were on all systems that worked just fine on WiiU, which is what we're talking about here. Call of Duty: Black Opps II, and Batman Arkham Origins, just to name a couple.

Top Bottom